SCAR to Vendor or Manufacturer?

Hybrid

Involved In Discussions
I just started working with material coils and am seeing to many nicks and scratches on the material. I want to issue a SCAR but not sure who to give it to. We purchased the coil from one company but it is manufactured by another company. Who should get my love note?

P.S any tips/advice on working with coils would be appreciated!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
you have a supplier and you should complain to him
He is responsible to go further
The manufacturer has no connection to you
Have you defined surface condition?
There is usually some agreed level of problems which are agreed

I just started working with material coils and am seeing to many nicks and scratches on the material. I want to issue a SCAR but not sure who to give it to. We purchased the coil from one company but it is manufactured by another company. Who should get my love note?
What is the specification that hasn't been fulfilled? What prevents you from talking with the supplier about it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Question on Supplier Quality (SCAR) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Customer Complaint & SCAR, false data Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
M Multiple missed POs grounds for SCAR? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 32
S SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) Timeliness & Issuance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
M Help with SCAR - Not all sub-assemblies had properly received a First Article Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
K Suppliers not responding to Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 17
N How Can I Respond to this SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request)? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 15
Q Global SCAR Software System Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
C Using SAP for SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Reports) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
J How I should format a SCAR Cover Letter? SQE asking for advice ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
D Multiple Discrepancies put on one SCAR Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
K Customer issues invalid SCAR and Chargeback every March Customer Complaints 6
T World Class Supplier Quality Alert System CAR/SCAR By Email Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Shall we raise SCAR/CAR for every defect as per our current procedure? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
C SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) as part of NC/CAPA? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
R To SCAR or not to SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
S Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) Ignored by Supplier ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
R To SCAR or not to SCAR? First Article with a new supplier fails Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
Q SCAR Process SCAR that works for Class III Medical Device Supplier Management Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
S Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) vs. Corrective Action Request (CAR) Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 15
B Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) - criteria Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
J When should Material RMA be escalated to a SCAR? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
L SCAR (Supplier Corrective Acton Request) Responses - How much do you tell? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
D Lean SCAR Process and Form needed - ISO 13485 and FDA ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
ScottK As an ISO9001 auditor what would you say about this of this (open SCAR situation): ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
K SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) Major and Minor Classification Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
Q SCAR Form - Does anyone have an example of a Supplier Corrective Action form? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
G SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action request) Charge Back Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 44
M Vendor selection process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
was named killer Wire Bonding Machine Provider Approved Vendor? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Using a Non Certified vendor Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
U Approved Vendor (supplier) List Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
R Supplier/Vendor Surveys (360) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
B Vendor (Supplier) Evaluations and Reports Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
O Vendor vs Engineering Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Q AS9120 Vendor of ESD Monitoring Equipment needs to be in the Approved Supplier List? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
A API Q1 9th ed Addendum 2 - Vendor Assessment for critical products Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 21
P Supplier (Vendor) Evaluation Criteria - IATF 16949 Cl. 8.4.1.2 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Financial status of critical vendor IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
H Require PPAP Before Qualifying Vendor? (Packaging) APQP and PPAP 2
Highground Perfusion System - HLM Components with Vendor Neutrality Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
K Vendor Management for an API Manufacturer? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 4
C Vendor Self-Survey to Qualify Vendors/Suppliers - AVL Question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Vendor Control for Customer Designated Supplier ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
A Does anyone have a SW (LIMS) Vendor Audit Checklist? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
L What to look for in a Vendor (Supplier) Evaluation for AVL ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
N Which Suppliers Belong on my AVL (Approved Vendor List)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
M Developing a new Plating Vendor - What software to track certifications Software Quality Assurance 2
O Vendor (Supplier) Responsibility - Re: Quality Audits 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
K Method to qualify COTS Suppliers into AVL (Approved Vendor List) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6