Scheduling a Crisis Management Audit? Reasonable Request?

Southern Cross

Involved In Discussions
As the result of some changes in the organization, I'm now the one tasked to put together the internal audit schedule for my geographical region. I've sent out a tentative schedule, but one of the other Quality Managers has come back to me with the comment that "We need to also review the Crisis procedures and process for each site and this should be part of the audit for all ANZ sites for 2018". Does this sound like a reasonable suggestion? I can see that we might end up treading the same ground as the Safety function..

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Does this sound like a reasonable suggestion? I can see that we might end up treading the same ground as the Safety function..
Not sure what you meant by the last sentence, so please explain.

As for "crisis procedure", I assume you mean crisis management process, something along the lines of business continuity planning (BCP). Internal audit schedules should always take into account the status and importance of the processes; so if there are reasons to believe that your BCP process needs to be assessed, yes, that is a good suggestion.

Southern Cross

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for your input. I'll schedule BCP audits as you've suggested.

We're a chemical manufacturer, so the safety function is of utmost importance. For example, we hold on site some of the same chemicals that were the source of the explosion at Arkema's plant in Texas - the result of a power outage caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K AS9100D production process scheduling requirements Internal Auditing 14
Q Scheduling IATF 16949 Audits - Audit Man-Days IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
B AS9120 Internal Audit Scheduling & Planning AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
B TS 16949 Auditor Availability and Registrar Scheduling Delays Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
I CB Scheduling ISO9001 Surveillance Audit 15 Months past Re-Cert Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
insect warfare Internal Auditor Scheduling Tool Internal Auditing 9
SATHYABALARAMAN Process assessment & scheduling the audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
R IAF Time Window requirements for scheduling Recertification Audits Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
A Risk Based Internal Quality Audit Scheduling and Planning Internal Auditing 2
S Scheduling Jobs through a fast paced Sheet Metal Job Shop Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
B Implementing and Rolling Out a Kanban System to Dictate our Scheduling Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
S Scheduling Internal Audits Internal Auditing 5
V Visual Control - Takt based Production Scheduling Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
R Internal Audit Scheduling Software Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 21
R Tracking Production Scheduling Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 18
Ron Rompen Shiftwork Scheduling - An unusual problem - Need help please Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 13
L Manufacturing Production/Labor Scheduling Tool Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
L How to Audit Procurement and Maintenance Scheduling Activities General Auditing Discussions 5
A Problems with our Registrar - Scheduling Audits Registrars and Notified Bodies 21
Z Laboratory Test Scheduling and Tracking Gantt chart Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
A Managing and Scheduling Internal Audits Internal Auditing 5
N Registrar Expectations from Customer in Audit Scheduling Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
M Lean without Computers? - Scheduling Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
M Preventive Maintenance Scheduling Software recommendations Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
P Suggestions on conducting an Internal Audit on 7.5.1.6 Production Scheduling IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Are there Advantages to Forward Scheduling? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
S Scheduling or Creating a Global Audit Schedule - Examples General Auditing Discussions 5
A Production Planning, Scheduling and Warehouse Management Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
H Visual Management - Production Scheduling Board Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 13
T NC: Lack of efficiency measurement for scheduling/shipping: clause 5.1.1 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
Icy Mountain Audit Scheduling for TS16949 - Audit split up by several 'working days' General Auditing Discussions 7
J Delphi Level Scheduling Logistics powerpoint .ppt Course Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
J Small Machine Shop - No process planning or job scheduling - ISO 9001 Implementation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
M Production Scheduling General Auditing Discussions 25
S TS 16949 Internal Audit Scheduling - Seeking Advice Internal Auditing 10
A Scheduling Internal Audits - What should I be auditing and when Internal Auditing 8
M Scheduling Internal Audits - Has ISO 9001:2000 changed how you schedule your audits? Internal Auditing 14
A Scheduling Internal Audits: Status and Importance of the Activity Internal Auditing 4
S Commercial gage scheduling software package that can store multiple PPM histories General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
S Order Driven Production Scheduling QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
D Production Schedule - Looking for some good ideas on production scheduling software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
F Scheduling Internal Audits - What is meant by 'based on status and importance'? Internal Auditing 35
L Scheduling Internal Audits - Chrysler-specific Requirements Internal Auditing 7
Marc Supplier Delivery Performance Monitoring - Critical Path Scheduling - TE - 4.15.6 Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
A Presentation on Training and Development Strategy on Skill Crisis wanted Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
A Business Continuity ? Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management differences Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 8
S Crisis Management Process and Procedure or Flow Chart example wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Jim Wynne A Major Cause of the Financial Crisis: Commemorative Coins?! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
E Can QA professionals learn anything from the current global financial crisis? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Stijloor Business Schools Rethink Curricula Amid Crisis World News 20