Scope question

3pinplug

Registered
Hi all
My Company is ISO9001 approved for sale, manufacture etc for Product type A and only make Product type A, they now want to import / distribute a Product type B which is completely different from anything we do and not covered by our Current ISO 9001 scope - what is the best way to proceed as this is a new one on me? we would jusf be a distributor for product type B.
Hope someone can advise?
Thanks in advance.

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Good day @3pinplug ;
You will want to perform a gap analysis to identify and address any aspects that your organization may not be currently addressing...specific to the new product "B" distribution activity.
I recommend you contact your registrar to get specific "path forward" direction. Most registrars have a "scope expansion" that will cause them to perform an audit specific to/limited to the additional activity.

Hope this helps.
Be well.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Welcome to the cove, 3pinplug!

Do your product B customers require your organization to be ISO registered? Are they the same customers that currently buy your product A?

Ed Panek

QA RA Small Med Dev Company
Leader
Super Moderator
This is the key question. From a high-level corporate strategy path is this a one-off or not? Does it make sense or add value to add the 9001 label to the device? If not, its outside the scope of your QMS.

Top Bottom