Scoring Scale for Internal Audits - Please help finding the right terms

K

Kira_n

Hi,

I am currently setting up a scoring scale for audits. I am stuck with finding the right terms for the degree of meeting requirements.

This is what I have:

(degree of fulfilment - term)
  • 90-100 % - Requirements fully met
  • 80-90 % - Requirements met resonably well
  • 60-80 % -
  • below 60 % -

What terms would you use for
  • 60-80 %
  • below 60 %
?

Regards,
:bigwave: Kira_n

S

seank

Re: Scoring Scale - Please help finding the right terms

Below 60%, system require's improvement, possible non-compliance?.........

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

Hi Kira,
thi is my thought:
Between 60-80, need corrective plans
Below 60- not acceptable, QMS jeopardized

S

seank

Hi Kira,
thi is my thought:
Between 60-80, need corrective plans
Below 60- not acceptable, QMS jeopardized

I would agree. It depends on how you are basing the scoring system - if the degree of fulfilment is how the current process performs in relation to the ISO standard, then anything below 100% should warrent a corrective action plan to regain compliance.

If the degree of fulfilment is in relation to how the procedure matches the process being performed or vice versa, then the desciptions mentioned above may be suitable; but again, if your procedure only fulfils between 80-90% of the process then corrective action is still required to capture the other 10-20%!

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Hi,

I am currently setting up a scoring scale for audits. I am stuck with finding the right terms for the degree of meeting requirements.

This is what I have:

(degree of fulfilment - term)
  • 90-100 % - Requirements fully met
  • 80-90 % - Requirements met resonably well
  • 60-80 % -
  • below 60 % -

What terms would you use for
  • 60-80 %
  • below 60 %
?

Regards,
:bigwave: Kira_n

If your scoring is based on VDA 6.3, I would follow their guidelines.

80-90% - Improvement needed
Below 80% - unsatisfactory / Major improvement needed

K

Kira_n

If your scoring is based on VDA 6.3, I would follow their guidelines.

80-90% - Improvement needed
Below 80% - unsatisfactory / Major improvement needed

Thanks, VDA 6.3 is a very good idea. What are the other terms in VDA 6.3? Maybe I will change them all to this terminology.

Regards,
Kira_n

AndyN

Moved On
If this is for an internal audit, and I guess it is, since you've posted in that forum, don't try to score internal audits. It will probably give your management the wrong idea and turn the whole thing into a numbers game.

This has been discussed before here and that's the consensus with many experienced auditors/ audit managers.

K

Kira_n

If this is for an internal audit, and I guess it is, since you've posted in that forum, don't try to score internal audits. It will probably give your management the wrong idea and turn the whole thing into a numbers game.

This has been discussed before here and that's the consensus with many experienced auditors/ audit managers.

Where I worked we have had internal auditing scales for years. Nobody ever complained about it. I think it depends on the auditors behaviour and additional comments how the scores are taken .

Regards,
Kira

Top Bottom