Screening DOE with 7 Input factors and 4 responses - Significant factors

Hello All,

I am assigned to conduct screening DOE with 7 Input factors and 4 responses.
1) I need a help regarding how to identify significant factors of the process since i have 4 responses since there is possibility that each response might have different factors as significant input.

Thanks and regards

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Analyze the experiment 4 times, once for each output (response).

Since this is a screening experiment, which you will follow up with more experiments or confirmation runs, you can relax your alpha value to 0.1 to ensure that you follow up on all likely factors.

If your software supports them (JMP or Minitab 18), consider using Definitive Screening Designs for your screening experiments.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Selecting factors for screening DoE design Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
P Screening DOE: A coming up headache story Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
T Screening DOE (Design of Experiments) with qualitative response Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 23
W Definitive screening design in Minitab 17 Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S Rapid screening methods for antibiotic residues in Chicken Meat Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
V For screening a design, can we live with the low/poor predicted R-Sq.? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M ITAR Requirements and Visitor Screening AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 15
F Resolution III Factorial Design for a Screening Experiment Six Sigma 2
S Screening and Screening Rational Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
C Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) - Difference between MIL-HDBK-344 & 2164A Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
I Screening: Blackett Burman versus Fraction Factorial Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
Stijloor U.S. Intensifies Screening for Travelers From 14 Nations Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 1
E Environmental Screening of PCBAs in High Volume Electronics Contract Manufacturing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
Sean Kelley Safety audit violations - bloodborne pathogens, LOTO & drug screening Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 12
A 510(k) Screening Checklist that the RA has filled out - Is that sheet for FDA use? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
G Health Insurance - Annual health screening Career and Occupation Discussions 10
J Including Repeats in DoE using Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
J DoE - Number of runs in Plackett-Burman (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 2
J DoE (Design of Experiments) - Multiple responses with different factors Using Minitab Software 2
K Power point training slides on DOE (Design of Experiments) Wanted Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
I DOE: High variance and small effects in Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M I have 3 different factors - DOE help Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
N Do I need to approach galvanized steel sheet flatness issue with DOE? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
H Taguchi mixed model DoE [L16 (4^3 2^6): factors interaction and ANOVA calculation Using Minitab Software 3
R Is there any Excel .xls Spreadsheet available for DOE with 3 factors? Six Sigma 1
N DOE (design of experiments) in Minitab 16 Using Minitab Software 6
D Interpretation of DOE interaction plot Using Minitab Software 8
D Minitab - Design combinations (DOE) Using Minitab Software 4
C DOE - How to determine optimal settings and transposing data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
N 3 factor - 3 level experiment with DoE and Minitab Using Minitab Software 10
M DOE: Significant factor or not Using Minitab Software 2
P When can we apply DOE (Design of Experiments)? Six Sigma 8
S DOE Analysis - Experiments with 5 Factors Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
R [Minitab] DOE Output vs. Actual Data Using Minitab Software 6
S Blocking In a DOE Six Sigma 1
Y Please help me solve a DOE problem - New Minitab User Using Minitab Software 36
P Cyclic Effect Factoring in DOE (Design of Experiments) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
V Analysing Results after DOE Using Minitab Software 1
V Analysis of DOE Results and Model Finalization Using Minitab Software 4
J How to Estimate the Number of Replicates on a DOE (Design of Experiments) Six Sigma 5
R 4 Factors 3 Level DOE to determine which factors are significant Using Minitab Software 2
K Minitab Lack-of-Fit Test in DOE (Design of Experiments) Using Minitab Software 4
M Injection Moulding Minitab DOE - All P Values are 0 Using Minitab Software 7
G Setting up a 3 Factor, 2 Level,2 response DOE in Minitab Using Minitab Software 7
Z A DOE in Minitab - 3 factors and 3 levels for each factor Using Minitab Software 12
M Taguchi L4 Orthogonal Array Design of Experiments (DOE) in an Excel spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
V Linking the FMEA Causes & Action Plan with DOE Experiments or Experimentation Design FMEA and Control Plans 1
B DOE Question: 3 factors with 2 levels and 1 factor with 3 levels Six Sigma 2
Z Help with running 3 factor DOE factor optimization Using Minitab Software 2
H Minitab DOE Analysis of Data and Transforming Using Minitab Software 4