Searching for: Procedure for validation of dry measure

T

todzilla

Soon our company will be purchasing various product that will require lot inspection procedures to include validation of dry measure. (Basically we are buying measuring cups & measuring spoons). The customer we sell these items to is extremely picky in regards to inspection criteria, and they have made it very clear that they are not going to accept any variation in the dry volume on the small side, but is willing to accept up to 3% on the high side.

Anyone here know of a way to effectively inspect for dry volume on an item such as this with a military standard 105E sampling plan. Are there any procedures out there that address this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :frust:

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
todzilla said:
Soon our company will be purchasing various product that will require lot inspection procedures to include validation of dry measure. (Basically we are buying measuring cups & measuring spoons). The customer we sell these items to is extremely picky in regards to inspection criteria, and they have made it very clear that they are not going to accept any variation in the dry volume on the small side, but is willing to accept up to 3% on the high side.

From a process control position, I would set your "nominal" to 1.5% over with a plus/minus to keep you in "tolerance".

todzilla said:
Anyone here know of a way to effectively inspect for dry volume on an item such as this with a military standard 105E sampling plan. Are there any procedures out there that address this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :frust:

I guess I am not real clear on what you will be sampling. But what about starting with a normal inspection at general level II?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I don't know whether it is worth while for your particular application (regardless of the information about measuring cups, etc.), but EVERY operation I know of that wants accurate measure of dry ingredients measures by weight, from food to fertilizer. If you look at any food package of dry ingedients, you will see the measurement is by weight. Similarly, for dry fertilizers, plastic pellets for injection molding, sand and cement for concrete mixes, etc. all are sold and sampled by weight.

In your particular application, measure the tare weight of the container, add product of known weight per volume and see what the weight is when the sample container is full.

Top Bottom