Searching Linkedin Posts - What am I missing?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I was playing around at Linkedin and did a search for the "word" Elsmar in Posts. The search revealed not even 1 post with Elsmar in it. I know posts with Elsmar in it on several groups.

What am I doing wrong, or do any of you do searches for topics in Posts in Linkedin?

LinkedIn_Search_20140929.jpg

I think you have to use the advanced search, and set it to posts or whatever it is called in English (mine is set to Swedish, of course). That gave me 75 hits, which still seems like less than it ought to be. Maybe I am doing something wrong too?

I

isoalchemist

I'm not sure you can search posts within LinkedIn. Under Groups Elsmar shows up in a search but I could not find a way to quickly search posts either.

Marc

Leader
I think you have to use the advanced search, and set it to posts or whatever it is called in English (mine is set to Swedish, of course). That gave me 75 hits, which still seems like less than it ought to be. Maybe I am doing something wrong too?
75 posts in discussion "threads" there?

I'm just thinking about the value of Linkedin with respect to being able to search for discussion topics in various groups. I would have though that would be an easy task, and part of the "point" of Linkedin. I used Elsmar because its so unique. I did try some other search words and got hundreds of posts. Something about their search engine is weird.

AndyN

Moved On
I just did a search on "elsmar" from my "home" page and got a bunch of responses, many because the word elsmar of part of some names. But you can filter by people - Ajit tops the list! - or groups. I think you have to search within a group which makes life a little difficult.

Marc

Leader
<snip> I think you have to search within a group which makes life a little difficult.
That's what I was thinking. Not being able to search across all public groups is not good.

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
I generally try to stay away from Linkedin - I'm sure it has it's uses, but it's like a Facebook clone for professional spammers.

Marc

Leader
Obviously not, if this is the case. That's why I didn't like list-serves. You had to keep every email from every list-serve you were on and you had to depend upon the search function in your email client.

Top Bottom