Section 4.10 - Inspection & Testing: Applicability to an R&D Company?

S

Steph

Good Day Everyone,

The company I work for is strictly R&D, meaning the OEM's send us product to run and we send it back, or perform lab tests. My question is, do we have to include Section 4.10 in our quality system. At this point and time our only inspection/testing of incoming product is that the lot number on the packing slip matches the gaylord lot #.

Thanks,
Steph

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
you need to cover it somewhere, as it is critical....is it under customer supplied stuff? Typically 4.7 is where I would put it, and save receiving inspection for stuff you buy....even if it just ID and stock. Don't you buy test support stuff and supplies, ESD equipment, packaging stuff?

Do you do a test report? Is it reviewed (ie inspected?) before shipment back to the customer?

Step out of the box, and look in to answer this question. Inspection is many things to many people.
[This message has been edited by barb butrym (edited 06 July 1999).]

[This message has been edited by barb butrym (edited 06 July 1999).]

B

Brenda Mundroff

Our registrar is imposing inspection and testing on us, also. As a DP-shop, we don't code the programs or test them. We just run what is given to us. If it doesn't work, we contact those who support it. Where is the in-process inspection there?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Does you registrar have other clienys which do what you do? Ask for 'references' from such a company they have registered. Call up the quality person and ask them how they dealt with it.
At this point and time our only inspection/testing of incoming product is that the lot number on the packing slip matches the gaylord lot #
If that's all you do, then that's all you address in your documentation.

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 06 July 1999).]

Top Bottom