SBS - The best value in QMS software

Seek advice from someone that passed through NADCAP AC7102 and AC7101/3

S

Sorin

OK...so we get HT audited - NADCAP.

Among the checklist we have (o/c) AC7102 and AC7101/3 - mechanical testing.

And there is one interpretation where I do not agree with the auditor....

In AC7101/3, para 15.1 reads

15.1 Code "Y" - Round Robin Required
The laboratory shall demonstrate participation in an acceptable
Round Robin program.
[ ] Approved
[ ] Currently in progress

Code Y refers to the third page in AC7101/3 which lists the types of mechanical testing and where Y is

Y Low Cycle Fatigue [ ] ASTM E606

Now...we are not doing this type of testing. The only testing that we do (from AC7101/3) is
A Room Temperature Tensile [ ] ASTM E8

My interpretation is that the RR is required for Low Cycle Fatigue ONLY.
The Staff Engineer is saying that we must do a Round Robin program for tensile too.

Anyone that passed through this - can you offer insight?

Note: We are not a laboratory per se nor do we seek certification against AC7101 (which is for laboratories) - we are a foundry and we do our own tensile tests ONLY - nothing from outside.

Thank you in advance......

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

BadgerMan

Re: Seek advice from someone that passed through AC7102 and AC7101/3

Let's move this question and double the exposure.

Any takers?

A

andygr

Something does not look right. The finding states that it against AC7102 rev A but the current revision of AC7102 is rev E and there is no section 6.13
Have you called the staff engineer and talked to him?
Everyone has a bad day now and then :cool: Just aproach him from a point of confusion and clarification to find out exactly why the finding was issued.
:2cents:

S

Sorin

Something does not look right. The finding states that it against AC7102 rev A but the current revision of AC7102 is rev E and there is no section 6.13
Have you called the staff engineer and talked to him?
Everyone has a bad day now and then :cool: Just aproach him from a point of confusion and clarification to find out exactly why the finding was issued.
:2cents:

I think it was a typo and instead it was AC7101 rev A (and not AC7102).

Let's consider it was a typo....being that I was audited against AC7101/3 only and not against AC7101, can I have a finding that is related to AC7101?

A

andygr

Form the latest HT audit handbook
E1.1 Room Temperature Tensile Testing
• Round Robin testing is required when the Supplier performs RTT per AC7101/3 Table 1.
(Guidelines to follow when available.)
No I am not aware of any guidlines issue yet. Give Marcel a call but the guidance looks pretty clear since you perform tensile testing to E8 as indicated on your audit.

P

Phiobi

If you have any other questions send me a PM. I work in a foundry with NADCAP HT and might be able to share some tips

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sidney Vianna Informational IAF and ILAC Seek Contractor for Establishment of a Single International Organization for Accreditation ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
M Informational From RAPS: Danish Regulators Seek to Help Smaller Companies With EU MDR Compliance Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M How do you know you actually need to seek ISO 13485 certification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
E Any Idea why Manufacturer with CE device does not seek Australian approval? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
N Seek Battery Pack (Lithium or Ni-MN) Production Flow Chart for Vehicle Application Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Which ASQ Certifications to Seek - Seeking opinion on certifications from ASQ ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 12
N Can Business Units seek ISO Certification Independently? Service Industry Specific Topics 21
L Do Customers seek a Strict Inspection Body? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Marc Detroit's Big Three seek White House help World News 6
R Seek Corrosion-resistance Data for Galvanized and Galvannealed steel Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Marc Executives in Europe seek pay ? la U.S. World News 2
J Seek for quality engineering information Career and Occupation Discussions 12
Wes Bucey Popup ads - new trick! Called by Flash and java - Firefox developers seek 'solution' After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
B What training/certificates should NEW quality people seek? Career and Occupation Discussions 19
W 17025 and NIST handbook relationship (need advice) ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
W First time being audited (ISO 9001), asking for advice ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S Advice on how to reduce overhead of handling non-conforming material Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
K "World Class Product" based QM. I need advice. Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
P IDEs and Clinical Investigators - Advice About Records? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
M Experience and advice with certifications categories Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
S Need advice for schooling Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
M Advice needed for SEH Compliance Software and ISNETWord Compatabiliy Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
R Advice needed: Shall I report my not complying company to NB / competent Authority (Europe) EU Medical Device Regulations 6
D Advice on capturing electronic signatures ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Clinical Development Plan - Advice Requested EU Medical Device Regulations 11
S HIPAA-compliant monitoring software (advice needed) Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 1
N Looking to Impress - New Job - Advice, Thoughts, Comments Welcome Career and Occupation Discussions 23
J Masters Degree - Advice about a decision I"m going to be making Career and Occupation Discussions 9
S California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act - Product Label advice needed Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
M Seeking advice regarding use of off-the-shelf (OTS) batteries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
S Selling Clinical Practice Advice Other US Medical Device Regulations 7
R Plea for advice on transitioning between Notified Bodies (label updates) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
T Advice needed - Environmental MS - unwritten but customer requests policy document ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
M Process Creation Advice Needed Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
classical_quality AS9100 Surveillance Audit - advice on drafting strong responses AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
A Single use non-sterile syringe used in the oral cavity - Laboratory test advice US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
O ISO 9001 new certification advice request - Develop a QMS from scratch ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
D ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Training Advice Internal Auditing 10
kmrcial Any advice for a young quality professional in the aerospace industry? Career and Occupation Discussions 10
R Pls help --- Need expert advice on Video Measurement Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 0
C Advice on becoming a AS9100 Auditor - Need to audit organizations that are Design Responsible AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
R Customer supplied material - risk and policy advice needed Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 11
D FDA Pre-Submission Meeting Advice US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
qualprod Effective Auditing advice needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
T Unique Device Identifier Advice Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M Medical Device News Health Canada Update - 05-09-18 - Pilot Device Advice Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
D AS9100 Document Management (Advice Needed) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
T Establishing -F- datum - need advice Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
C First Aid Kit Compliance advice - Registered assembler with the MHRA EU Medical Device Regulations 1