Job Descriptions JD
Processes PRO
Project Plan PP
Records RD
Reports RPT
Standards STD

Here is what I have so far:

Purpose
What is the rationale for this particular document (ensure, describe, control).
State the intention/objective of this document.
Scope
When and to whom this document applies.
Who is affected, which areas, which activities, what are the limits (parameters for applying this document).
Responsibilities and Roles
List the role and functions of anyone involved in this document. Use verbs and nouns to describe the functions.
Definitions and Acronyms
Definitions that need to be defined in order to ensure proper interpretation of the this document. Make reference to a larger document if required. Create links to the larger set of definitions.
Acronyms that need to be defined in order to ensure proper interpretation of this document. Make reference to a larger document if required. Create links to the larger set of definitions.
References
What reference documents form parts of this document; may include sources. Use reference numbers when appropriate. Can also refer to annexes.
Traceability
Map the process/procedure to industry certification standards, if applicable.
Policies
Map this document to relevant policy, act, or regulation, if applicable.
Standards
List the standards used to create this document, if applicable.
Processes
List the processes referenced in this document, if applicable.
Procedures
List the procedures referenced in this document, if applicable.
Guidelines
List the guidelines referenced in this document, if applicable.
Templates
List the templates referenced in this document, if applicable.
Checklists
List the checklists referenced in this document, if applicable.
Training
List courses that teach this document, if applicable.
Tools
List tools used to implement this document, if applicable.
Inquiries
Identify contact information (web site, email address, telephone number) for the owner or organization to direct inquiries. Avoid identifying people and use organizations whenever possible.

Does anyone have any sugguestions and which document type your comments apply?

Thanks in advance!

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
keep it simple

I don’t know what your industry is, but one bit of advice I always give is keep it simple.

I write my procedures to be used by shop floor personnel. I list scope, purpose, and then a text description of the process. Short and sweet and to the point. Too much reference information will make the document useless, unless you are governed by other standards or policies.

Q

qualitytrec

I am with CarolX on this keep it simple and clean and light. Title, Rev Date, page and number of pages, Purpose, Scope. In the document you can identify responsibility per activity if needed.
Try not to over document or you will be busy. Busy running around trying to figure out why so and so will not fill out such and such.

JMO
Mark

Top Bottom