Seeking: Company that can come on-site and calculate the uncertainties

J

JaSoN_MVTS

Hello,

can someone tell if their is a company that can come on-site and calculate the uncertainties for a customer along with develop the documentation to comply with ISO 17025? This urgent need is strictly driven by time, or lack of it.

Thanks in Advance............. :agree1:

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
What you appear to be seeking is a consultant. I can see using one for the uncertainties, but for the documentation, I recommend you read the standard itself and develop the documentation for YOUR organization, rather than have a consultant write your manual and have to take 1-2 years to rewrite it to match what you do.

The compliance to ISO/IEC 17025 suggests you are getting ready to seek accreditation, so you also need to consider your choice of accrediting body. I can provide recommendations off-line based on what you do, but evaluate your choices for consultant and AB before you decide.

J

JaSoN_MVTS

Thanks

Thanks Hershal... pretty much in process with the documentation. Eventually we will only have the uncertainty parts to tackle and thats where are needs for a company to come in and figure it out for us come to play...

Jason

N

nitram

Uncertainty calculation help

JaSoN_MVTS said:
can someone tell if their is a company that can come on-site and calculate the uncertainties for a customer along with develop the documentation to comply with ISO 17025? This urgent need is strictly driven by time, or lack of it.

Hi,
What quantities ? Calibration or testing ?

Martin

N

nitram

Quantities and calibration or testing

Marc said:
I'm not sure I understand your question.

Hi Marc,
The reason why I ask Jason, which quantities, is that the company he wanst to use, needs to have knowledge in the correct area. What I have found is that not all companies have knowledge of uncertainties for all quantities ;-) and its not the same to have knowledge in uncertainties in calibration as in testing.
Or do you not agree ?

Have you all seen this attached document ?

//Martin

Attachments

• NPL GPG No 36.pdf
    337.1 KB · Views: 229
C

Charmed

Type B uncertainty

nitram said:
Hi Marc,
The reason why I ask Jason, which quantities, is that the company he wanst to use, needs to have knowledge in the correct area. What I have found is that not all companies have knowledge of uncertainties for all quantities ;-) and its not the same to have knowledge in uncertainties in calibration as in testing.
Or do you not agree ?

Have you all seen this attached document ?

//Martin

Dear Martin:

Thanks for calling attention to this document on measurement of uncertainties. In fact, I would like the forum moderator(s) to link this to a recent discussion on Type B uncertainties in a different thread. Stephanie Bell's article was cited in that thread and the article you have is a nice compliment and builds on the Stephanie Bell article.

Charmed :) :thanx:

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Nitram,

You are on target regarding the difference between testing and cal MU. It is an issue I deal with daily.

Hershal

Top Bottom