Seeking Critique: How Does Our Process Map Look?

B

Bob_M

How's our Process Outline Map Look?

Comments Requested.

Did I missing anything major?

Do you think the "plain english" comment/description boxes attached the the ISO and VDI procedure boxes are a good idea? Comments on the "plain english" text?

NOTE: I'm still working on Manual, Procedure List, and (possible) design procedure/program, so all of our INTERNAL procedures may not be referenced yet.

Thanks in advance.
Bob M

Attachments

• VDI Process Map for Comments - Rev1 Draft.zip
    91.8 KB · Views: 690
S

Shaun Daly

I liked it. Similiar to mine but layed out better :)

The only thing I can suggest is perhaps a bit more detail for the sub-realisation processes?

You have 1 box for "Build/Inspect Order", maybe flesh that out a bit?

B

Bob_M

Shaun Daly said:
I liked it. Similiar to mine but layed out better :)

The only thing I can suggest is perhaps a bit more detail for the sub-realisation processes?

You have 1 box for "Build/Inspect Order", maybe flesh that out a bit?

Sub realisation process... Which section of our map is that?
---------
As far as Build/Inspect Order goes I tried to keep it simple on the map. The Procedure and related docs provide more info.
---------
Press room: We use part/tool specific job folders which contain stuff like control plans, drawings, setup sheet, and inspection reports. Inspections are performed during setup and throughout the work order. Operators inspect their own work. Additional "formal" final inspection is currently required for a few parts.
Weldind Department: Has an work instruction binder, and attribute-only inspection reports - Very basic - First piece and in-process (typically 100% because of manual assembly and need to check welds).

S

Shaun Daly

Bob_M said:
Sub realisation process... Which section of our map is that?
---------
As far as Build/Inspect Order goes I tried to keep it simple on the map. The Procedure and related docs provide more info.
---------
Press room: We use part/tool specific job folders which contain stuff like control plans, drawings, setup sheet, and inspection reports. Inspections are performed during setup and throughout the work order. Operators inspect their own work. Additional "formal" final inspection is currently required for a few parts.
Weldind Department: Has an work instruction binder, and attribute-only inspection reports - Very basic - First piece and in-process (typically 100% because of manual assembly and need to check welds).

Sorry the sub real' process is the build/order bit. Maybe add 2 more boxes for your Press/Weld operations?

M

Michelle W.

I would appreciate it if you could all e-mail me examples of your process maps. [email protected]
That would help me considerably
Many thanks
Michelle
:bigwave:

B

Bob_M

Michelle W. said:
I would appreciate it if you could all e-mail me examples of your process maps. [email protected]
That would help me considerably
Many thanks
Michelle
:bigwave:

Michelle W. I'm emailing you a copy of our DRAFT/First Try process map.
It has not passed thru our auditor yet, so just use it as a reference.

Top Bottom