Seeking: Good, User Friendly, Cheap SPC Software for the Shop Floor

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
not many

gp,

I put in Mitutoyo's MeasurLink system about 4 years ago.

We picked Mitutoyo for a couple of reasons...first most being there would be no finger pointing with regards to hardware/software compatiability. We use only Mitutoyo equipment for hardware. Second, they hve a program called Process Manager that will allow you to view, in real time, the activities at the different collection stations.

But to adress your specifics...

"good"- I would say it's fair, about on par with any software you will find out there. Support, to put it mildly, stinks unless you are Boeing (their biggest customer).

"expandable" - yes, but not for the average computer user.

"easy" - not bad once you master it.

Good Luck!!!!
CarolX

Mitutoyo equipment

I've used Mitutoyos equipment earlier ( I don't work with SPC these days), and found it satisfactory. Actually I used pen and paper a lot too - It's been a while...

/Claes

P

Padmanabh

SPC Software

Dear Sue,

Try and visit www.symphonytech.com and download a trial working software. i think its simple to use and has all control charting, Process capability etc.

Thanks,

R

Ray

spc software

I'd like to hear from the membership any recommendations for SPC software that provides effective graphing, management reporting, ease of use for operators, etc.....

Any recommendations?

thanks

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
I've used Minitab 13 and found it to be VERY powerful -- much more capability than I have the intelligence to use. It is reasonably intuitive and fairly easy to use. I don't have lots of experience using other SPC programs, but compared to some other software I've used, it is fairly user-friendly. Take a look on their web site www.minitab.com

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Ray,

Don't forget to take a look at the capabilities of ubiquitous old Microsoft Excel. See if it will do what you need before you spring for more expensive and complex stuff (maybe you already have).

J

JaySturgeon

Hmmmmmmm Good Point Mike!

Mini Tab is great if they'll if you don't mund the cost. Compariatively speaking (cost wise) I'll stay with Excel.

Good luck with you decision. There are million spc software programs out there.

Jay

:bigwave:

Top Bottom