Seeking: ISO 9001:2000 Audit Check List

M

murban

Does anyone have an ISO 9001:2000 Audit Checklist that conforms to the standard that I can have, or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mark

C

C Emmons

Are you looking for the standard one used by most of the registrars?

AndyN

Moved On
thanks . please attach to your mail .

Welcome to the Cove.

You may wish to check the date on a post before you reply to it. This one is 5 years old! I doubt if anyone would be watching this!

Are you aware that ISO 9001 is about to be released as the 2008 version? You might want to wait until someone has a checklist for that standard.

C

chris bryan

I am looking for the same thing. We were updated to the 2008 version of ISO and I am trying to make my internal audit check list simplier. I have a hard time getting others to understand what ISO is, to most of them it is a pain in the backside. I have taken the audit list from ISO but it seems to make the questions to complicated. If any one has a basic list I would be most interested in seeing it, in the mean time I will see what I can come up with. I come from an automotive quality background so that might help, a little any way. thanks.

AndyN

Moved On
I am looking for the same thing. We were updated to the 2008 version of ISO and I am trying to make my internal audit check list simpler. I have a hard time getting others to understand what ISO is, to most of them it is a pain in the backside. I have taken the audit list from ISO but it seems to make the questions to complicated. If any one has a basic list I would be most interested in seeing it, in the mean time I will see what I can come up with. I come from an automotive quality background so that might help, a little any way. thanks.

It's simple, Chris: - you shouldn't be auditing on an internal audit, using the standard! You're better off making your audit plans etc on your own processes. People never will 'get' ISO or the words etc. They don't have to!

I'd recommend reading this: http://www.nqa-usa.com/resources/articles_detail.php?id=48
and this:http://www.nqa-usa.com/resources/articles_detail.php?id=39

R

rgmain

Hi
To make an Audit Checklist, take the applicable paragraph out of you Policy Manual, then your subject applicable procedure, turn each paragraph the selected text into a Question i.e. Verify that: Bla -Bla -Bla ect.. or Observed the following Bla -Bla -Bla ect.. as applicable add a section for comments, check boxes for Compliant/Noncompliant and you can even drop in the objective evidence of compliance as you go along. It works for me I've used it for ISO, FDA, CSA, ect... internal Audits.:) Add a Summary /Report page of Nonconformances and Observtions so you don't have to read the whole audit to get to the juicy parts. They end up looking somewhat like the Procedure, I've even used the scoring similar to the one found in the ISO 9004 self assessment because everyone at the closing meeting wants to know how they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chris bryan

That sounds like an awesome idea, it should work. All you are looking for is verification for the processes. I will give that a try. thanks for your advice. :agree:

C

chris bryan

that makes sense. it would be much simpler then what i have been doing. i do not like to regurgitate information, i like to make people think. however that does not always work. i will give it a try thanks.

Top Bottom