Seeking Management Review Help - Procedure examples or ideas?

Any good management review/ management review

Any good management review/ management review procedure examples or ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
a couple of examples

Two thing I use as part of my management review is our weekly quality report and our monthly scrap report. They are submitted to the VP for review with a cover sheet for signoff. This gives me objective evidence of management review.

CarolX

Attachments

A

Aaron Lupo

Re: Re: Any good management review/ management review

Jim Wade said:

Hi MD - just some ideas (you don't need a written procedure):

• It's top management's responsibility, as part of their commitment, to carry out the reviews. So get them to figure out how they will do it.
Jim you are correct you don't need a procedure, however it is a good idea to have one. JMHO

You are correct it is managements responsibility- however, that is why I have a job because Mgmt does not know what they need to do, that is why they hire people to assisst them in getting things like this done. JMHO

Ask ISO GUY if it's needed.

Hi Jim,

I don't know many top management teams that need to sit and read through a procedure that tells them how to review the state of their business.
I could mention a few... ;)

Anyway, I don't want to speak in ISO GUY's place, but if he thinks it's a good idea ( As I do ) maybe he thinks that they in fact do need it? It's up to the company in question to decide what they need.

/Claes

K

KarenD

Aaron Lupo said:
Jim you are correct you don't need a procedure, however it is a good idea to have one. JMHO

You are correct it is managements responsibility- however, that is why I have a job because Mgmt does not know what they need to do, that is why they hire people to assisst them in getting things like this done. JMHO
What a wonderful way to look at things "I have a job to help management, because no one knows how to do everything!"....you can come and work for me any time! :)

Karen

C

Carl Keller

I have a procedure that states "Management Review will include at a minimum:" the requirements in IOSO 9000 2000 5.6.

I have an agenda I e-mail 2 weeks ahead of time to all parties involved that lists the elements of 5.6 in order.

Any supporting evidence that each department produces at the meeting such as quality/scrap reports, new procedures etc. are included, with the minutes in a binder.

We meet Quarterly which seems to fit the amount of change in our organization.

Carl-

K

Karen R

One thing we've done is to expand our definition of "management review" to include all the venues where management is reviewing operational information and making decisions how to respond. These range from daily production meetings to monthly performance review meetings (held for the entire facility) to quarterly "formal MRT" meetings where we review system performance / the big picture, trends, etc.

This definition has helped us clarify (for ourselves and for our auditors) when we're focusing on the nitty-gritty and when we're looking at the big picture. It keeps our quarterly meetings high level and ensures that we have a planned approach for keeping track of all the details. Before we tended to either get bogged down in MRT by trying to review each CI project and solve each and every problem we uncovered, or skimming over those things only for them to fall by the wayside for long periods of time.

Attached is sanitized version of our "cheat sheet" that shows what we review where.

Attachments

ccochran

Southern Gentleman
Business review

Here is an example "business review procedure," which comes out of my book The Continual Improvement Process. My own philosophy is to try to move the so-called ISO management review closer to a true business review of organizational performance. I think most people would like to treat it that way, but it's a long process to change everyone's mindset (especially top management's).

Craig

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Management Review Checklist - Seeking a form or example Management Review Meetings and related Processes 7
P Seeking: template for management review reporting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 2
T Management Review Checklist / Form / Procedure - Seeking Examples Management Review Meetings and related Processes 16
T ISO 9001:2015 Training for Management Team in NM - Seeking Suggestions and Providers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Seeking input for a process-based quality management system training course ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Switching to a new Quality Management software - Seeking recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
D Risk Assessment - Problem Management Process - Seeking Model/Example Software Quality Assurance 1
E Definition Multi-Agent-Based Simulation on Supply Chain Management - Student Seeking Information Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
A Configuration Management for an Engineering Services Organisation - Seeking Procedure AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
K Gage Life and Calibration Management Software - Seeking Opinions / Reviews General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Seeking Management of Production Tooling procedure - TS 16949 Clause 7.5.1.5 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
F Project Management book - Seeking advice and recommendations Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
S Seeking: Example TS 16949 QMS (Quality Management System) Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
N Distance Learning - Quality Management and TQM - Seeking Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
G Supply Chain Management - Seeking Information Resources Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
V Seeking Complaint Management flow charts or other info Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
K Initial Equipment Management - Seeking Template for MP (Maintenance Prevention) form Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
M Seeking TQM (Total Quality Management) Books Recommendations Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 9
W Seeking Guidance Verification Test Strategy for Class B Medical Devices IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M Seeking advice regarding use of off-the-shelf (OTS) batteries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
A ISMS - Seeking VAPT Consultant Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
M Medical Device Directive - Seeking common nonconformance write up scenarios CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
silentmonkey Seeking efficient method to manage install base data Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
K Seeking ISO 13485 Registrar Recommendations Registrars and Notified Bodies 15
R Tapping problems - 3/8" hot roll pickled & oiled steel - seeking expertise Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
S Responsibilities between government owner and private subcontractor of a power plant seeking ISO 9001 certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Seeking for an example or a template of a Business Plan Service Industry Specific Topics 3
B Health Canada Recall Definition - Seeking Clarification Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
W Seeking Returned Merchandise Procedure Customer Complaints 1
QMMike New Trend of not seeking Official ISO 9001 Registration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
R Clinical Evaluation according to MEDDEV 2.7.1 (Rev 4) - seeking template ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Seeking Corrective Action Process Examples Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
M AS9102 Training - Seeking third party agency that provides online AS9102 training AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
F Seeking Internship/Co-op Opportunities in Regulatory Affairs/QA/Clinical Domain (USA) Career and Occupation Discussions 4
L Seeking help in Basic Maintenance Knowledge Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
M Seeking opinion for ISO14001 team activity ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
smryan Seeking good 2D barcode add-in for Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
Sean Kelley Seeking Feedback on ASQ Guide to Failure Mode and Effect Analysis FMEA and Control Plans 2
S Seeking examples of Nonconforming Materials Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
Sean Kelley Seeking Quality Training for Quality Technicians Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P Seeking Information on ISO 15504 - Information Technology Process Assessment Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
K Seeking NDT Training and Certifications Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Chennaiite Cause Analysis for Verification/Validation Failures - Seeking Opinions Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 3
Q Seeking Examples of current ISO/TS 16949 Training Procedures IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Ron Rompen Seeking Test Lab which can do 1440 Hour Accelerated Weathering Characteristics Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Sean Kelley Seeking Ballooned PFMEA and Control Plans for Training FMEA and Control Plans 4
B Seeking help in answering Australia Tax Withholding Declaration Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
H ASQ CQE Exam Review Workshop - Seeking Volunteers! September 2013 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 7
N Seeking information on use of Byotrol Cleaning Chemicals in Pharma Industry Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
B Seeking help in writing marketing message Career and Occupation Discussions 12