Seeking Quality Training for Quality Technicians

I have 4 quality technicians that are eager for some quality training. They love to learn new ideas and how to make better improvements. It has been a few years since they have had any good quality training. They are all ASQ CQA certified and 2 are CQT certified. To keep their CQA certification they need on-going traing / CE's every 3 years. They have all been through core tool training for automotive. I am looking for some ideas on new types of training that can help develop them professionally.

:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Have you checked out what is offered in your area's community colleges?

I can suggest programs in Industrial Technology, and although those tend to be Bachelors majors, I see Ivy Tech in Crawfordsville (I am not an affiliate) has an Industrial Technology program. I wonder if you would be able to sign up some of your people for targeted classes that could help your organization and get their toes wet in the post secondary education experience too. That might include SPC, and even Excel.

I always support targeted higher learning. While in an Industrial Technology program I took a class titled Quantitative Analysis Using Computers. It was a class about using Excel to make simple decision making models, and format with formulas and layout to make the models workable. That class was pivotal for me. It gave me the basics and showed me what Excel can be used for. Once having got that start I've been able to research formulas to do certain things I wanted. I have a number of attachments here in the Post Attachments List that I made (many times through adapting what others started with) and have been very helpful for QA, and EMS too.

I hope this helps!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Seeking input for a process-based quality management system training course ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R Seeking: Quality Awareness training package Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
F Quality Awareness Sessions - Seeking Ideas and Presentation Material Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
S Seeking example Quality Manual for a small service sector organization Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
D Switching to a new Quality Management software - Seeking recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
N Seeking supply chain diagram & supplier quality performance procedure Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
V Seeking ISO 17025 accreditation - How necessary are Quality Control activities? ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
S Newcomer Seeking Input on Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 3
G Seeking advice on Display norms of Quality Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Q Statement of Continual Quality Commitment - Seeking Assistance Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 7
E Definition Quality Control Circle - Student Seeking Information Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
CarolX Seeking Trade Magazine (like Quality or Quality Digest) in Spanish Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
J Supplier Quality Plans - Non-automotive company - Seeking examples Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
W Internal Audit Schedule - Seeking Examples - Quality Audits Internal Auditing 14
Q 'Core' Automotive Quality Tools - Seeking a PPT or PDF presentation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
W Seeking example quality audit report / format Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
M Internal Quality Audit - Seeking Example Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
K Seeking sample quality objective(s) for IMPEX (Import / Export) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Seeking Quality System Input/Output Matrix ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
L Seeking Print Shop Quality Measures/Survey Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
Q Seeking: ES-C3AA-18810-A (CLASS C) - Ford/Visteon specification for Visual Quality Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
C How to become a good SQA (Supplier Quality Engineer) - Seeking advice and resources Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
E Software Freeware write in ASP for Quality System - Seeking advice Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
B Seeking help with ISO13485 quality manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 24
Q My company needs a new Quality Policy - Seeking Advice ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) - Seeking suggestions on preparing for the exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S Seeking: Example TS 16949 QMS (Quality Management System) Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
L Seeking: cGMP FDA-based Quality Manual with ISO 9001 and EN Requirements Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
N Distance Learning - Quality Management and TQM - Seeking Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
L Seeking: Quality Related Magazine Suggestions Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
D Seeking a TS 16949 Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 12
Y Quality Function Deployment (QFD) - Seeking information on QFD Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 25
J COPQ - Cost of Poor Quality - Seeking recently published data on COPQ Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
S Cost of Quality - Philip Crosby coined the phrase - Seeking More Information Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
M Seeking Example of a TS 16949 Quality Policy IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
I Seeking: Sample ISO 9001:2000 Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
Geoff Cotton Seeking: Book - 'Quality Control' by R.H.Caplen Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 4
R Quality Business Objectives - Seeking info - QOS, 8-D, FTA, RFTA, QFD and DOE Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
D APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) - Seeking a simple, effective format Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
V Seeking: Free Quality Tools - Ishikawa diagram, Pareto diagram, histogram, etc. Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
L ISO 17025 - Seeking Example Quality Manual ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
V ISO9001:2000 Quality Work Instructions & Forms - Seeking Templates and Examples Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 41
N Seeking Sample quality system questionnaire which can be sent out to suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
Geoff Cotton Networked Quality System - Seeking comments from anyone who has networked Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
M Seeking TQM (Total Quality Management) Books Recommendations Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 9
A Seeking: Generic Template or Form for Quality Planning Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
W Seeking Guidance Verification Test Strategy for Class B Medical Devices IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M Seeking advice regarding use of off-the-shelf (OTS) batteries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
A ISMS - Seeking VAPT Consultant Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
M Medical Device Directive - Seeking common nonconformance write up scenarios CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2