Seeking Recommendations: FMEA Software Tools

R

Rearendloader

FMEA software tools

I am looking for a low cost dedicated FMEA software tool. I have heard great things about FMEA-Pro. Anyone using it?

G

Grapes

You might want to do a FMEA on your marketing. I don't know too many people who would buy software that has errors (Sp?) in it presentation.

ha ha ha !

You should check your spelling. But hey, thanks for the post. Are you writing in an access database ?

:vfunny:

Item - Marketing

Failure mode - Spelling Error

Failure Effect - Loss of Customer, Customer Skepticism

Cause - Lack of review

Recommendation - Installation of a data check, or spell check within FMEA software program.

G

Grapes

Maybe people find your name a little offensive .... that might be why you aren't getting any responses ? What do you think ?

R

Rearendloader

Grapes,

I don't understand your humor? We are a tier 1 manufacturer of sub-assemblies for automotive, and both front and rear end loaders. So what, I named myself after a customer's product. I think that's better than being named after a fruit.

Ha Ha, keep up the humor.
:vfunny:

G

Grapes

I wasn't trying to be funny. I was trying to be helpful. Perhaps if you named your company, or stated the aforementioned in your profile it would be understood. You are probaly just like the majority of users which wander though this forum. You are a salesman of some sorts. I would wager my month's salary on that. In fact, I assume you are trying to setup someone to endorse your product. Sorry my friend, I don't need another vaccum!

:bigwave: :vfunny:

R

Rearendloader

Who are you? Do you even have a real interest in this forum?
Please waste your time elsewhere.:bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Grapes

If I have offended you rearendloader I apologize! I was just trying to rib you. I have recently been evaluating software too, but find myself lost with corporate pushes and software i find difficult to navigate. I just want to do my job, and let the the scretaries do the typing. You know what I mean dude ?:truce:

:smokin:

R

Randy Stewart

I am looking for a low cost dedicated FMEA software tool.

Be careful what you ask for. Low cost software is usually just that - low cost, low function, low satisfaction. Look at Aqua!

Check out AutoDCP, it may be more than you can spend but when you see it operate you'll know what features are available. My suggestion would be to ensure that the software updates your Control Plan, process flow, etc when the FMEA is updated and the other way around. If you are just concerned about cost try the Excel data base. Customers can read it, it is able to have the data protected, IT departments support it, most people have it and if necessary you can use it at home, etc.

B

Big-3-Hand-Puppet

FMEA software - AQUA???

Hi Randy,

I guess it's no secret in the "Cove" that I'm a big supporter of FMEApro, put out through the SAE.

I reviewed many FMEA software tools; at last count there were 20+. Most, were built by a guy using Access and others were so dam expensive and costly to maintain/train that it just wasn't feasible.

One thing I found when researching Aqua, was the support was shaky, and it was too cumbersome to use (1000+ buttons on the screen). Maybe they were having a bad month?

We spent lots and lots of money a few years back on a tool by APIS. We rolled it out with a “freaking” week of BORING Training. With semi-frequent staff rollover/reassignment, it ended up that only a handful of people were really using it properly, and most were learning other's bad habits.

Many of the client references that I spoke to from FMEApro, were in the same boat, they were abandoning the cumbersome software that had way too many features and did everything including making coffee. Do your homework and spend the time testing out these programs...

Bottom line is that there is no software tool that will do these FMEA's for you! What you need to do is find a program that is easy for your guys to learn, use and even customize for your evolving req.

Cheers, Big-3-Hand-Puppet :bonk:

Top Bottom