Selling Medical devices to Iran - OFAC doubts

B

bisbita

Hi guys. I am looking some information about cost, time and documentation needed to sell medical devices in Iran.

We, as european manufacuter, are selling products to the US aswell. So here is where the question comes...

A far as I can see, we need to apply for an OFAC license ( TSRA ).

Does someone know how much does it cost or how long time the proccess will take?

Thank so much.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

bisbita

Thank so much Marc, as I always say, knowledge means power!

The information about transactions to Iran are now clear for me, but, I cannot find any information about the cost of that license, or the time that will takes to my company..:rolleyes:

Sarah Stec

Involved In Discussions
Licenses are specific to the company and the activity, so the cost depends on how much time you or your attorney needs to complete the application (which is a free-form brief arguing why you should have the license). Generally, the Department of Treasury can take as long as they want in granting/denying the licenses. To my recollection, last year they were taking about 5-8 months to reply.

You may want to consult with an attorney dealing with these issues - they would be able to advise you on the specifics, including the interface with Europe vs. US with respect to the Iranian operations.

B

bisbita

Licenses are specific to the company and the activity, so the cost depends on how much time you or your attorney needs to complete the application (which is a free-form brief arguing why you should have the license). Generally, the Department of Treasury can take as long as they want in granting/denying the licenses. To my recollection, last year they were taking about 5-8 months to reply.

You may want to consult with an attorney dealing with these issues - they would be able to advise you on the specifics, including the interface with Europe vs. US with respect to the Iranian operations.
WOW thank so much!

tibon74

Involved In Discussions
Hi !! could I have some details on the Iran regulation ?
Should we appoint a local representative? who is the license owner ? how much time it takes to approve a product? is there a renewal process ? if so, when ?
thank you !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Selling Medical Devices in Puerto Rico US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
K Selling Medical Devices in Canada - Distributor? Private Label? Canada Medical Device Regulations 10
S Selling Medical Demo Devices - is it allowable? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Selling Medical Devices from the US into Israel Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
JoCam Buying and selling Class I and II medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Manufacturing and Selling Medical Devices with Used Components ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
E Documentation for selling Prescription Only Medical Devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 8
B Selling Class IIa Medical devices in Albania Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
I Selling Over the Counter Medical Devices in France EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Selling Medical Devices and/or Accessories Online US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 11
I Requirements for selling Class I Medical Devices in Canada ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Re-selling off-the-shelf (OTS) accessories for medical devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B Regulatory Requirements are for selling Medical Devices in the Ukraine? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 9
I Selling medical gown and mask in China China Medical Device Regulations 0
N Selling a class II Medical Device in Canada in Pharmacies Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 10
K Selling Medical Device Components to US hospitals and doctors US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
R Medical Device (IVD) - Selling RUO to Customers EU Medical Device Regulations 2
D Selling Medical Device Abroad After the Expiring Date of the EC Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 5
B Selling with a Medical Device App EU Medical Device Regulations 4
T New to WEEE Directive - Selling a medical device directly to a professional end-user RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
N Registering a Class 1 Sterile Medical Device - Currently selling a Non-Sterile 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
M Selling Medical Device DTC in FL - Need a license? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M Class I Medical Device - Need to notify CA (Competent Authority) if selling in Asia EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Selling of Medical Power Supply in Australia/New Zealand and Japan Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
B Additional requirements for selling Class I Medical Device in Poland EU Medical Device Regulations 3
G Selling a CE mark Class I Medical Device in Sweden - Any other requirements? EU Medical Device Regulations 13
C Labeling requirements when selling demo Medical Device equipment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
G Medical Device Pre-Selling and Conference Posters while awaiting Approval 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
N Perfect Selling Fully Functioning Class 1 Medical Device vs. Antique ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
D Selling Class IIa medical device (sterile syringes) in USA ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D Interesting Discussion Requirements for selling a Food product in USA Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
S Selling Clinical Practice Advice Other US Medical Device Regulations 7
C Does the company violates any regulation/standard by selling device without warranty ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Informational FDA order – All manufacturers of surgical mesh intended for transvaginal repair of anterior compartment prolapse (cystocele) to stop selling and distr Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T RISK: Selling Diagnostic Devices on Amazon Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
A Selling CE marked self-test in Malta - any additional requirements? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
T MDSAP readiness - Selling clinical product IVDs into Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 7
A Selling our own class 1 (EU) devices worldwide - Who is responsible for registration? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
W Legality of selling parts by count - Counting Scales Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
B What is the FDA guidance regarding selling replacement parts and traceability? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
D What are the requirements for selling Alcohol Swabs in USA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
Marc LinkedIn Accused Of Secretly Selling Members Professional Data To Potential Employers World News 9
C Selling of Research products in Europe EU Medical Device Regulations 9
G QMS - Selling the idea to the CEO! Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
S Regulations for Selling Convenience Kit vs. Selling Separate Parts Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
S Selling a CE Marked Product to a Hospital in Bulgaria Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
Ronen E ISO is Selling Draft Standards ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Marc Boeing caught selling used parts as new to Pentagon (Oct 2013) World News 3
Q Internal Laboratory Services - Selling Services to "Outside" Customers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M "Selling" the idea of using Work Orders ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5