Semper Fidelis, MARINES!!!

Randy

Super Moderator
Happy Birthday to all my brothers and any sisters that come here and visit the Cove. :bigwave:

228 years ago in Tun Tavern located in old Philadelphia the greatest single fighting force know to history was founded. It started as a small detachment of men who were to serve as infantry afloat protecting American ships and evolved into the Marine Corps we know today capable of preserving American interests at any point on the globe. Though our history many have a tarnish or two, the richness of it is beyond contestation. We Marines share a common bond that few other organizations and people can come close to and even God himself knows the value and dependability of the Corps as the old song says "When the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines". Regardless of age, sex, ethnic background. MOS, rank or anything else that society uses to define people, in the end if you served in the Corps you are a MARINE.

SEMPER FI

Randall L. Daily
GySgt USMC/USMCR
'68-'79
0369/5811

B

BadgerMan

I was kinda confused until I glanced at my Military Aircraft calendar. :eek:

November 10th had a note which said:

U.S. Marine Corps established, 1775

Happy Birthday!

:bigwave:

T

Tom W

Randy said:
Happy Birthday to all my brothers and any sisters that come here and visit the Cove. :bigwave:

228 years ago in Tun Tavern located in old Philadelphia the greatest single fighting force know to history was founded. It started as a small detachment of men who were to serve as infantry afloat protecting American ships and evolved into the Marine Corps we know today capable of preserving American interests at any point on the globe. Though our history many have a tarnish or two, the richness of it is beyond contestation. We Marines share a common bond that few other organizations and people can come close to and even God himself knows the value and dependability of the Corps as the old song says "When the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines". Regardless of age, sex, ethnic background. MOS, rank or anything else that society uses to define people, in the end if you served in the Corps you are a MARINE.

SEMPER FI

Randall L. Daily
GySgt USMC/USMCR
'68-'79
0369/5811

Very well written. Semper Fi Gunny! Happy Birthday to the Corps.
(You have a very identifiable last name for the Corps???) :bigwave:

Thomas P. Waite
Cpl USMC
'90-'94
0351/8531

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I sent my sister and her husband a birthday card last week. My sister was in from 1989-1997, and her husband is retiring this month. They are attending a Marine Corps Ball at which his guys are presenting him with a little ceremony and a gift that my sister was in cahoots with.

Of all the members of my family past/currently serving in the military, my sister is the only Marine.

Happy Birthday to you all!!!

R

Randy Stewart

I believe I worked with more Marines than I did Sailors - including my tour in Beruit and my son grew up to be a Marine. That's as close as I came.
Semper Fi Marine

S

Sam

Semper Fi.
(and remember green side out,- - - - - no, I said brown side out)

USMC/USMCR
1959/1966
E5
Recon/Rifle team coach/Demolitions & Small Arms Instructor

Randy

Super Moderator
Another one for the MARINES

Here's a tid-bit I found today on www.military.com

Today's Factoid: Here is a little known fact. At the Vietnam War Memorial sits a flag pole and at its base are the seals of each U. S. military service and the U. S. Coast Guard. Every day throughout the entire year a group from Marine Barracks, 8TH & I, Washington, D. C. march to the flag and polish the Marine Corps emblem. The other services have NEVER touched theirs!

I check the news and stuff everyday on this site. It helps keep me in touch.

Last edited:
J

JStain - 2008

MARINES, a department of the NAVY

Ohh Rah,
My son leaves for "The Island" in September.

It means he'll be doing the crucible in december, got love those nice SC nights.

PS, his MOS is going to be in PME.

Nothing wrong with the MARINES, they give us NAVY guys soemthing to point and laugh at! :tg: just kidding, Semper Fi,

Randy

Super Moderator
You Squids gave us someone to dance with :biglaugh:

At least we were allowed to have zippers in our trousers and didn't adorn Cracker Jack boxes......

GASP!!!! I'm tooo funnyyyyyyyyyyyy :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Top Bottom