Senior Project for BS Mechanical Engineering Student

G

Glass Pilot

I'd like to get some feedback from the people in the forum. Any ideas on a topic for Senior Project for a student who is completing their last year in a BS program for mechanical engineering?? Thanks in advance.

Andrej

Involved In Discussions
Hi Glass Pilot,

Today I have read an interesting article titled Making Your QMS Work by Praven Gupta at http://www.splinger.managementparad.../inside/six-sigma-column/making-your-qms-work
Author is writing about causes why most quality management systems don’t produce the desired results. Perhaps the topic of your thesis could be solving these kinds of problems. Design a QMS that will systematically improve creativity that leads to innovations for quality improvements and the consequence will be better competitiveness of organization.

Regars, Andrej

G

Glass Pilot

Dear Andrej,
It is nice to hear from someone from the land of my ancestors. "Yaksha masch".
I will read the suggested material because I am a quality manager in a manufacturing setting and this will help me.
My son must perform a project which will require a design and fabrication of a device, system, etc.
Thanks for input

Andrej

Involved In Discussions
Dear Mr. Glass Pilot,

Perhaps you can use the following information for your project. Teamwork and creativity can help a lot to improve quality. Description on how to work with teams/groups and how to improve their creativity is shown at:
http://www.creativ-plus.si/triz/CX-TRIZ Users Manual.pdf

I would like to inform you about ?TRIZ crossover QMS? application for android based smart phones and tablets. I have been training quality managers for several years and together with my colleague developed an application titled ?TRIZ crossover QMS? as a tool for improving creativity at group/team quality improvement workshops. The application is available for free at Google Play Store to download. It is based on Alshuller's Theory of Inventive Problem Solving and merges inventive principles with Quality management concepts and tools, thus enabling quality practitioner to boost his/hers creativity when solving difficult problems. It is available at Google Play Store at page https://play.google.com/store/search?q=QMS&hl=en

This application provides an algorithm for problem solving and an algorithm for evolution of products, processes and systems. It provides basic TRIZ fundamentals and analytical methods that create a new mindset needed to enable the practitioner to improve Quality and other management systems.

Hopefully these materials can give you some ideas for your project.

Best regards,

Andrej Trebar

Andrej

Involved In Discussions
Hi Glass Pilot,
The application ?TRIZ crossover QMS? is intended to be used by Quality professionals to improve creativity when searching for solutions during problem solving process. All examples and methods are taken from quality management. But actually majority of the people that downloaded it are mechanical engineering students using it for solving contradictory requirements when improving one parameter will cause deterioration of another parameter in a system. One of them has written to me: ?…the app is great!, and is amazing that is also free. It gives to anyone starting with TRIZ the possibility to understand and use this powerful tool right in their smartphones in a friendly/easy to use way?.
Perhaps your son might get some ideas for his work.
Best regards,
Andrej

Top Bottom