Server Response - How Fast Pages Load

Are the forums 'Faster' than they were before 12 June 2003?

• Seems faster to me.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No difference.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Slower.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I had a bit of a chat with my ISP about server latency. There were some comments about this a couple of weeks or so ago. I dismissed it then as an abberation or perception issue.

Now.... From where you are, are pages loading any faster, searches finishing any faster, etc. than they were a day or so ago (today being 12 June 2003)?

Before you 'Vote', please take a session (visit) or two here to give a valid opinion. I really want to evaluate the latency problem.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
I access the forums both from work (Fast connection) and from home (Modem). Both ways are normally reasonably fast even though my modem connection sometimes drives me round the bend...

Yesterday, the latency was abysmal with several time outs. Today it seems to be back to what I consider to be normal.

/Claes

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
On 6-12 response was terrible for me at work (fast connection) -- some pages took a minute or sometimes much more to access. It was almost unusable at times. Apparently Energy had the same problem (see hunting & fishing thread). Today, the first few clicks gave me fast access to a few pages but then hit a slow spot again and it took about 2 minutes to go back to the main page.

E

energy

Me too

I agree with Claes. Today is faster. As I said earlier, it's not just this site. Could be something going on in the Northeast. I will say that AOL times out too quick and I rarely use it. With DSL and using Mikey Soft Explorer, it's very patient and hardly ever times out. But, it still takes a little time. I was able to jump around pretty good today. It just seems to me that, with high speed connections, the response would be quicker. On a good day, my 56K modem at home (telephone line) is faster than what I'm seeing the last few days. JMHO.:smokin:

A

Al Dyer

Wholeheartedly agree that yesterday was abysmal, today is fast. (I use 1.5 cable access)

When it is slow I usually attribute it to local bandwidth concerns. The more people on the lines the slower the go, at least with cable access.

Al...

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Appears about the same to me (of course, it just now took a little longer for the "Reply" page to load), one day a little slower and the next day a little quicker.

Bill

B

Bob_M

Obviously you are working on upgrading (with some problems).
But my page loading times have increased lately, especially today 06/18/03.

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Yes - I was getting timeouts, database errors and all sorts of stuff. I got over 600 database errors (each one generates an individual e-mail to me so my mailbox was super full...) because of timeouts and MySQL disconnecting.

Things seem better for the moment. I'm starting a switch to another server which may help.

More discussion at:

http://Elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6293

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Post 21 June 2003 Speed

So - how are the load speeds now? Anyone notice the difference now that the forums are on a different server?

A

Al Dyer

Marc said:
So - how are the load speeds now? Anyone notice the difference now that the forums are on a different server?
So far it seems to be quicker, I use broadband but I would like to view comments from 56k users.

Al...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
was named killer CLOUD BASED QUALITY DOCUMENTATION vs. SERVER BASED Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
S Moving from client-server to cloud-based, is that a new submission? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 3
M Trouble with Europa website - Internal Server Error (March 2019) EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Marc Server RAM Failure - 7 Dec 2018 Forum News and General Information 3
D SQL Server Username and Password Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
D Nonconformance on document control - Unapproved document on production server Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
J Dummy SMTP server for email testing Software Quality Assurance 3
H Requirements for Data Storage as to Geographic Server Location Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 11
P Blackberry Server Down - October 2011 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
V Do we need to Validate a Server/Back-End System? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
kisxena Transferring a validated software platform to a virtual server Software Quality Assurance 8
B Controlled Copies of a Quality Manual in an electronic media (file/server) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 9
J What Can You Do with Active Server Pages? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 0
C User Acceptance Testing best practice - conducted on production server or test server Software Quality Assurance 0
ccochran Synthis software review - Process Modeler and Process Server Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
L Forms in MS Word - Trying to put forms on a server and prohibit modifications Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 84
W Is it permissable to maintain "controlled quality documents" on the EDP server only? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S ISO 9001 software package that will work with Outlook on an Exchange server Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Document Matrix - Can the Server Directory Listing(s) be used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
S Data/Drawing Control - All documents controlled on a head-office server? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
J Customer Complaint Response 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
Govind Informational ISO COVID-19 response: freely available ISO standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
A ISO 13485 - Clause 8.3.3 appropriate actions in response to nonconforming product ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Corrective Action Response for Missed bumps on brake press Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
I "On the job training" as a response to how someone was trained? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 75
R How long to wait for Notified Body Response - Potentially significant change to a medical device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
I "We don't have enough resources" as an Audit Non-conformance Response General Auditing Discussions 14
M Medical Device News MHRA releases response to consultation on EU exit no-deal legislative proposals Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S Requirements for Interval Measurement test & Frequency Response test clarification IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
O QRQC (quick response quality control) methodology in automotive industry IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Formal written response to a corrective action? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
S Response Surface Method to create design matrix in Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
A Taguchi Minitab - Continuous Data - What should I choose as response variable? Using Minitab Software 3
C Medical Device Malfunction - Customer Complaint - Response vs. Correction Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
W Nonconformance Recurrence Response Help General Auditing Discussions 4
N Survey to Customers Regarding Our Complaint Response Time Customer Complaints 7
N Customer Complaint - Rapid Response Containment Procedure Customer Complaints 2
D Tracking response time with individual label I.D. Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
K Fast Response Tracking Board (QSB+) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
S What are the next steps after providing response to FDA 483 ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
Wes Bucey Baffled by no response to your job application? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
M Please help to analyze Response Surface Methodology by using Minitab 16 Using Minitab Software 6
H FDA Response Time for Amendments? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
S Delegation of Response to Next Level ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Mikishots How to handle CAR (Corrective Action Request) Scope vs. Timely Response Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
F Response to ISO 13485 Audit Minor Nonconformances ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
T Variation in values of the levels in Factorial/Response surface design Using Minitab Software 1
C Optimize One Response with Three Variables Using Minitab Software 8
M Customer Satisfaction Survey - Poor Response ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
T Response to ISO 17025 Proficiency Test z score ISO 17025 related Discussions 7