Service Industry Quality Manual and Product Realization

J

Javiddemexico

So I am working on my quality manual for my company, we are a 100% service industry, meaning we do not make anything, we only provide services of H.R., Customs, Accounting, Customer Service, and IT to our Customers who are production companies.

How do I go about writing the section on Product Realization, when we do not create products?

Can I exclude the whole 7.0 clause, or can I just define products as our service:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
L

lk2012

Re: Service Industry Quality Manual

Hi,
which standard are you making your QMS against?

J

Javiddemexico

Re: Service Industry Quality Manual

ISO 9001:2008. should of been more specific

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
So I am working on my quality manual for my company, we are a 100% service industry, meaning we do not make anything, we only provide services of H.R., Customs, Accounting, Customer Service, and IT to our Customers who are production companies.

How do I go about writing the section on Product Realization, when we do not create products?

Can I exclude the whole 7.0 clause, or can I just define products as our service:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:?
Javid,

As I see it:

You plan the design and delivery of your services.

Your services are designed to help your customers to achieve their objectives.

Your service design process results in a specification for each type of service.

Your service spec is modified as necessary to fulfill the unique demands from your customers.

Your colleagues conform to the service specification to satisfy each customer's requirements.

Your service specs are reviewed and continually improved so your organization does a better job of helping customers to achieve their objectives.

All of the controls required by clause 7 apply except possibly clause 7.6.

This is the approach we take with our consulting and training services to create more successful customers.

John

L

Leoismyname

Thanks John for the answer.

I am about to ask the same question too. Our company is doing trading business on steel products like pipes, cutsheet etc.

I am facing the same dilemma on writing quality manual on the exclusion clause too. As we are not producing product (Receiving goods-> Delivery).

Now i know, i shouldnt exclude clause 7.5 Production and service provision.

Cheers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A KPI for Quality Assurance Team in a Service Oriented Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 8
A Operational Procedure for an IT Service Industry Quality Department Service Industry Specific Topics 1
Z Quality Assurance Plan for Engineering Service Industry Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
F Quality Improvement - Quality Control Circles in a Service Oriented Industry Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 8
K Quality Parameters for Service Industry - Call Centers Service Industry Specific Topics 3
C ISO 9001:2015 Monitoring and measuring resources. Application a service industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Service Industry - Scope of the QMS & Scope of Certification Service Industry Specific Topics 13
N Implementation of Six Sigma in Service industry Service Industry Specific Topics 17
D Definition Sub?Process in the Service Industry - Definition Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
B How to implement a Nonconformance System in a Service Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
I Interpreting Product Realization (Clause 7) in ISO 9001:2008 for Service Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T ISO 9001 Clause 7 Exclusion in a Service Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
C Permissible ISO 9001 Exclusions/Omissions for the Service Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
N Product Validation Worksheet for the Electronic Manufacturing & Service Industry Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
M ISO9001 - QMS Processes in a Service Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
GStough 7.2.1 Determination of req'ts related to the Product...in Contract/Service Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 2
B Process Audit Elements for Service Industry please Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 9
S Service Industry (Staffing Company) ISO 9001 Certification Consultants and Consulting 9
S Are there any Special Processes in Service Industry? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A Chaotic Industry, Poor Service From Almost Everyone Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
L Process Maps - What do I have to do? Pharmaceutical Industry Service Provider Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
J Applicability of 7.5.5 Preservation of Product in a Service Industry like Insurance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
S Recruitment Industry Service Delivery Standard (RCSA-SDS) - getting started Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
B Validation of processes for production & service provision - Service industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
GStough Question About Exemptions Allowed in ISO 13485-Registered Service Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 6
F Setting up Control Account and Earned Value Management in the Service Industry Benchmarking 2
A Preservation of Product - Service Industry - AS9100 Clause 7.5.5 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
A Is Disposition Applicable if We are in the Service Side of the Industry? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D Non-Conformances in a Service based industry with no product Service Industry Specific Topics 9
D KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) of the Recruitment Service Industry QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S First Article Inspection in an AS9100 service industry (Final product non tangable) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
A VSM (Value Stream Management) for service industry - Lean Manufacturing Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
Y ISO 9001:2000 - Call Center - Service Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 10
D Supplier Evaluation and Selection in the ?Service? industry Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
V Auditing Hotels and Restaurants to ISO 9001:2000 - Service Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 3
C 7.5.2 Validation of processes - Special Processes - Transportation Service Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
A Has anyone implemented SPC in the Laboratory Testing/Service Industry Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
E Design and Development 7.3 / In the Service Industry Design and Development of Products and Processes 0
R 7.6 Control of Monitoring and Measuring Devices in the Service Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 12
A Process Document Structure - Service realization industry Service Industry Specific Topics 4
T Price of Nonconformance (PoNC) - Telecommunications Service Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 4
J EU 207/2012 E-IFU Service Video EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S How is the service life for class I reusable medical devices described in MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S How is the service life described for class I reusable medical devices in MDR? Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
L AS9100 - Product and Service Provision 8.5.1q AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
JoCam Rental, service & installation - regulatory requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
E Qualification for non gmp service providers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
I Equipment service dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
H Operational planning and product and service provision when things happen so fast ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
C One Time Service Supplier - Temperature and Humidity Testing Service ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5