Service Provider in NC Programing and Design - Exclusion clause in AS 9100 Rev C

B

bhavya.v

Dear Sir/ M'am

Our organization is basically a service provider in NC programing and designing of parts/ fixtures to aerospace using CAD, CAM methodologies, kindly let me know the clause that I can exclude from the QMS in this scenario.

Thanks in advance:)

Regards,
Bhavya

B

bhavya.v

Dear Stijloor,

Thank you for your reply:)

Dear all,

Kindly someone help me on this I am in a confusion that whether I can exclude any clause or not.

Thanks in advance

Bhavya

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Dear Stijloor,

Thank you for your reply:)

Dear all,

Kindly someone help me on this I am in a confusion that whether I can exclude any clause or not.

Thanks in advance

Bhavya

Exclusions are limited to the clauses in section 7 only. What do you think should be excluded and why? That would help our Members to give this some more thought and respond.

Stijloor.

B

bhavya.v

Our organization is into design and analysis services as well as NC programming services, so I just want to know whether I can exclude any one of the following:

1.design(7.3),
2.Post delivery support(7.5.1.4),
3.Validation of processes for Production and service provision(7.5.2) ,
4.Control of Monitoring and measuring equipments(7.6)
5.Control of Work Transfers(7.1.4)

Thanks and Regards,
Bhavya

J

Jeff Frost

The writers of the ISO 9001 and AS9100 ICOP got a little lazy about halfway through the standard and stopped referencing service but all elements of the standards apply to service organizations. Now in general you state that your perform “design” so clause 7.3 could not be excluded. Many organizations try to fully exclude post-delivery support clause 7.1.1.4 but if you allow return of product of your service for rework (editing of programming) or replacement of the same then this is post-delivery support at its very basic level. Again not having a detailed knowledge of what you are supplying cannot lead to a one size fits all answer from Cove members but I would recommend that you go to https://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/open/tc176SC2public and read the Introduction and Support Package

Top Bottom