Service providers - Heat Treating

Tom W

Living the Dream...
Any other service providers out there, specifically heat treaters - that are looking into TS 16949. We are currently QS-9000 and I have started to look into "upgrading" to TS. Any thoughts from anyone on this topic would be helpful. Is it really going to give us a competitive advantage to be the first heat treater on our block to be TS?

Are customers that require QS going to accept TS instead of QS. Is this really an upgrade?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
K

km2red

Tom:

I work for a tier 1 supplier that utilizes heat treat from my suppliers. TS is an upgrade from QS. We will/would accept a TS certification where we require QS. I don't know about how helpful it would be for you, but it is being accepted by customers.

A

Al Dyer

If you supply the big 3 go for TS, it is easier than QS. Personally, I don't think of TS as an upgrade, if anything it relaxes some of the elements that were constantly being given non-conformances under QS.

I guess it all boils down to who your customers are and what they require!:)

Tom W

Living the Dream...
Do you see any potential conflict of being TS certified and some of our customers that are suppliers to the big three requireing QS? Would they see TS as an equivelant? What have you heard?

I would consider TS to be an upgrade for the very reason you give, it takes out some of the Big 3 traps they they put in for the supply chain.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Qualification for non gmp service providers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
N Evaluation of service providers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
M API Spec Q2 Design and Development Requirements for Service Providers Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 11
S Should Training Service providers be included in AVL? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
B IATF 16949 Clause 8.4.1.2 - Supplier Selection Process - Service Providers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
M Defining Critical Vs. Non-Critical Suppliers/Service Providers (API Q1, 9th. Ed.) Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
A Evaluation of Service Providers such as Consultants and Calibration Companies 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
B Risk Management for Engineering Service Providers Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
A Supplier Quality Plan for Service Providers - Assistance and advice wanted Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
P Record Retention requirements of Calibration and Verification Service Providers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
H QMS - How does ISO 9001 apply to Service Providers (utility or facility management) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Stijloor New Global Carrier & Logistics Service Providers Evaluation Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
A Vendor (Supplier) Evaluation of Service Providers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
L Second Party Audit Check List for our Authorized Service Providers - ISO 9001:2000 Service Industry Specific Topics 4
Marc QS-9000 TE Supplement & Service Providers QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
I Equipment service dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
H Operational planning and product and service provision when things happen so fast ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
C One Time Service Supplier - Temperature and Humidity Testing Service ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D IEC 60601-1 - Service life testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
D Device functionality over service life - Objective evidence required? Design and Development of Products and Processes 10
Q ISO 9001 8.5.1 - Control of production and service performance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
L Design & Development of a SERVICE Service Industry Specific Topics 13
N "Placing on the market" & "putting into service"- one time regulatory event or Continual supply event? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
samarth IVD manufacturer and service provider ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
C Quality Manager vs Warranty (service) Manager - Authorities & Responsibilities Customer Complaints 2
J Product Service after CE Certification expiration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
T Nonconforming product at customer detected by a routine inspection by field service Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
S Service record requirements for Non-Serviceable Medical Devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
C Quality at Logistical Service Provider Service Industry Specific Topics 0
M Standards Subscription Service and Standards Tracking Service Pros and Cons? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
J NHS exemption - Benefits versus expectations in UK NHS service EU Medical Device Regulations 0
C ISO 9001:2015 Monitoring and measuring resources. Application a service industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K Packaging and Damaged Parts returned from a Service Provider (Anodize) - Who is Responsible? Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
F 21 CFR Part 11 - Implicit requirements - Validation plan for a Software as a Service Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational From RAPS – Prep for Brexit: UK Seeks £25M Freight Service to Deliver Medicines, Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
C Determining if Maintenance Contractor is an External Service subject to ISO 9001 Clause 8.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 43
W Customer Signature / Acceptance Service Reports Service Industry Specific Topics 2
T Is anyone working with N299.1 (Supply/service to nuclear power plants)? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
Ed Panek Ideas to keep quotes for consulting service accurate on not inflated Consultants and Consulting 11
M Informational New Notified Body designated under the MDR – TÜV SÜD Product Service GmbH Zertifizierstellen Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
V Replaced part affecting service life? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
A Defining Expected Service Life in Risk Management File Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
T Transportation - External Service Provider ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B Will you please help me with my academic project? Repair & calibration service for test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
S Product registration platforms - A service called Licensale by Arazy Group Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 0
Kuldeep Singh How to define Expected life service life of medical device Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
A AS9100 D Counterfeit Prevention Program - We just service parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 17
W AS9120B 8.5.1 Control of Production and Service Provision AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A ITSM (IT Service Management) Ticket Audit Template Service Industry Specific Topics 0
P REACH - BOMcheck.net - What I can expect from this service? REACH and RoHS Conversations 0