Several Processes in One Procedure?

Q

QAMTY

Hi all.

I´m facing the need to develop a procedure for Engineering changes
I´ll appreciate your advice on this:

Because In my opinion if possible to map all process ralated
in just one map, would be wonderful.

I mean for example the engineering change, in here is involved the engineering people, but also the supplier, the purchasing process, the inspecting, the financing process.

gathering all the processes into just one proceduer , is it recommended to do it so?

I think that if someone wants to see how the changes are managed, also would want to see how is the invoicing from suppliers, the payments to supplier, etc.

Or is it better to manage the Engineering change in one procedure, then
to refer in some part of the document to go to the Finance procedure, then coming back to Eng. procedure and jumping to the purchasing procedure, I mean, managing separate procedures?

Please share your experiences.

Thank a lot.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Don't confuse departements with processes. If the process is the Engineering Change Procedure, and various departments have a role in the process, it is still the process. So, if a potential engineering change will affect purchasing, so they need to get quotes from suppliers, then that can be stated in the procedure.

Many processes have multiple departments interacting with them. As you develop procedures that spread across different departments, make sure you clearly spell out roles and responsibilites.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all.

I´m facing the need to develop a procedure for Engineering changes
I´ll appreciate your advice on this:

Because In my opinion if possible to map all process ralated
in just one map, would be wonderful.

I mean for example the engineering change, in here is involved the engineering people, but also the supplier, the purchasing process, the inspecting, the financing process.

gathering all the processes into just one proceduer , is it recommended to do it so?

I think that if someone wants to see how the changes are managed, also would want to see how is the invoicing from suppliers, the payments to supplier, etc.

Or is it better to manage the Engineering change in one procedure, then
to refer in some part of the document to go to the Finance procedure, then coming back to Eng. procedure and jumping to the purchasing procedure, I mean, managing separate procedures?

Please share your experiences.

Thank a lot.
I would only add one thing to what db rightly said.
It is up to the organization to define a documented procedure for eng changes, given that it is not mandatory as per ISO 9001 standard.
Only your organization can evaluate if it is necessary to put it in writing and controlled accroding your QMS documentation.
You can only have a process in place, even not documeted, that could be effective to manage engineering change.
It depends on the complexity of the organization.
If you apply the process approach and you can demonstrate the effectiveness of the change mgmt of eng spec, you are ok.
If you had some internal issue about this (process not effective), you can think to start a corrective action looking at the root cause. If you identified missing documentation, you can create documented procedure in multidisciplinary approach and train personnel to apply it.
Hope this helps:bigwave:

R

Rickser

I faced the same problem when we started writing the QMS (AS9100 C) for our company. We finalally settled on stand-alone processes. The end result was 37 separate processes that, in many cases, repeated what each other stated. After Management Review and Internal Audits, we combined processes. We ended up with 17 processes. When one process (such as Engineering Change Orders) affected another process (Purchasing), we referenced the other process and included its number in the "Related Documents" section. That also helps us build Turtle Diagrams for internal audits. It also helps answer the requirement of interrelatedness of the processes that an auditor will be looking for. Hope this helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q One Procedure Containing Several Processes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
C Can I apply First Time Yield (FTY) for several products or processes of different nature? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
qualprod Write down same nonconformity in several processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A Lead time reduction project on several processes Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
Q How to classify several systems for Quality Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 10
A Several sections of traditional 510(K) have the same or similar requirement of content. US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
M Informational Several US FDA draft guidances, including some specific device guidances for the Safety and Performance Based Pathway Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
MDD_QNA How to deal with FDA after not reporting anything for several years Other US Medical Device Regulations 14
M Informational Several revised or updates USFDA guidance - 9/9/2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 12
L What to do if a Corrective Action requires several extensions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
M Informational TGA – Several proposed changes to classification to better align with the EU MDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Referencing Medical Device in FDA records - Package contains several other components Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Q Several Nonconformances with same Root Cause with just one CA ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
MDD_QNA Several CE Marks on a Repaired Class IIa Medical Device EU Medical Device Regulations 9
M UDI (Unique Device Identification) for Convenience Kits with several options Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
F Can be several measurement in a repl considered as nested factor in Minitab analysis Using Minitab Software 14
M Need several examples of procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
T ISO 9001 for a Holding Company which owns several Food Companies ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
R Auditing to several standards simultaneously Internal Auditing 3
D Distribution of a Kit composed of Piece Parts from several Manufacturers EU Medical Device Regulations 3
bio_subbu EU publishes several new & Revised MEDDEV guidance documents (FEB 2012) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R Involvement of several Departments in Contract Review Process Contract Review Process 12
M I came across this site with several analyzing tools (Excel) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
hogheavenfarm Need better Job Tracking Method - Fabricated in several departments at once Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
A Auditing Checklist for MDD 93/42/EEU that will cross reference several regulations EU Medical Device Regulations 9
C Equivalence Studies - Validation Activities for several Identical Pieces of Equipment Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
C Equivalence Studies - Validation Activities for several Identical Pieces of Equipment Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
L How to Avoid Missed Welds - Job shop and weld several small quantity jobs Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
J0anne Link to find 502 (f)(1) which is quoted several times in 21 CFR 820 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
Q One procedure or several? For "Developing Engineering" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
B Control of Documents in several languages and Document Linking ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
smryan Several questions about TS 16949 including associated ISO 9001 certificate IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
V Corporate TS 16949 system or not? Several production locations world wide IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
V PPAP for one material but for several customers APQP and PPAP 1
K One site reporting to several business owners ? How to structure? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S DOE (Design of Experiment) with Several Output Variables Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
Z Combining Several Systems into One - ISO9001 + ISO14001 + OHSAS18001 (etc) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
E FIRST Kiss - I's your first kiss and several questions might come to mind Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
Antonio Vieira Quality Manager in Several Organizations at the Same Time Career and Occupation Discussions 10
G Texts for Several Disciplines - Seeking Recommendations Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
D Can several trainees share one answer sheet? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 10
Icy Mountain Audit Scheduling for TS16949 - Audit split up by several 'working days' General Auditing Discussions 7
P t-test or ANOVA to compare variance of several samples series Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
W Can we make one quality manual based on several standards Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 13
P ISO14001 Certification - What happens if we have several minor audit findings Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
S MSA (measurement systems analysis) on several CMM's - Correlation issue Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Tim Folkerts Is Cpk a good measure of capability? There are several shortcomings of Cpk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 31
A AS9100 procedures and format - Several questions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
L Seeking: Medical Device SOP Templates for several topics Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
N 7.2.3 Customer Communication - Several late orders that didn?t have any notes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7