Severity Matrix - Severity Evaluation less critical for a Sub-Components Company?

I

Internet-101

Dear Marc, I hope this can't sound weird to you But I was waiting a lot to have an aswer about this I don't know If I did a wrong Question or If this Question is not Properly to discuss.
Would you or anybody tell me something abou it?

Look I have next
Could we consider that Severity Evaluation should be less critical if we know that we work for a Sub-Components Company?
This is because our Customer has another type of Detection Control Methods to detect if we could any sub-component in bad conditions before this sub-component could be a problem to Final Customers.
I feel that this table is referenced that exists a risk to find these kind of situations to those first-suppliers from Ford, GM & Chrysler.
And I feel that It would be better to understand If those Sub-component suppliers should have another kind of reference table of severity.
Could somebody talk about this issue please?

Smile is good for your Health

:bigwave: :bigwave:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Severity Matrix less Critical for Sub-Components Company? FMEA and Control Plans 2
R DFMEA/PFMEA mitigation of high severity (9-10) in low volume products IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S How to measure severity if my product is designed for emergency use and failure would result in death? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 9
J On PFMEA for danger labels - Label always should be assigned severity 10 ? FMEA and Control Plans 3
S The Severity of a Medical Device Hazard - Risk Analysis Clarification ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
MrTetris Informational Risk Register - Same hazardous situation, different severity of harms ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
A PFMEA severity score different applications FMEA and Control Plans 11
X Customer Service FMEA - Specifically Customer Care / Severity Rankings Service Industry Specific Topics 3
D How to fill a Process FMEA - Three columns - Severity, occurrence and Detection FMEA and Control Plans 16
R DFMEA Severity 9-10 with Occurrence 3 and Detection 3 - Actions FMEA and Control Plans 3
S What should the FMEA Severity for SC & CC Characteristics be? FMEA and Control Plans 4
N AIAG 4th ed. FMEA Manual "Fit" Changed to "Appearance" - Fit severity? FMEA and Control Plans 2
G Severity in Process FMEA for Rework Process FMEA and Control Plans 1
O PFMEA - Reducing Severity (S) Ranking - Manufacturing Process Design Changes FMEA and Control Plans 4
S FMEA's - Severity and Classification of Print Characteristics FMEA and Control Plans 1
N Risk Severity Estimation for Medical Devices as per ISO 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
C Determining PFMEA Severity for Armored Parts FMEA and Control Plans 5
C FMEA DOGMA about Severity - Am I right or Wrong? FMEA and Control Plans 2
K 4th Edition AIAG FMEA Occurrence, Severity and Detection Criteria for Plastics FMEA and Control Plans 1
F Risk = Likelihood * Severity - Can we mitigate the Severity? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 41
M Severity Reduction in a Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 25
E Risk Management selection Probability of Occurrence and Severity ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 17
S Severity of 9 or 10 should be identified as Special characteristic? FMEA and Control Plans 10
G Internal vs. External PFMEA Severity Rankings FMEA and Control Plans 12
R Risks which must be Distinctly Identified - Harm, Hazard, Severity ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
C Severity of Effect on Process (Manufacturing/Assembly Effect) Scrap or Reworking FMEA and Control Plans 3
W Severity Rating CORRECTIVE ACTIONS - Opinions Wanted Please Nonconformance and Corrective Action 15
H DFMEA Severity Ranking of Non-Compliance to EMC Standards FMEA and Control Plans 2
P Chemical Purity Testing - FMEA Severity Scale FMEA and Control Plans 2
T FMEA Severity 9 &10 - Example of "with warning?" FMEA and Control Plans 6
E Harms Severity Scoring - Combination of Hazards ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
B The Distribution that represents the Severity of Nonconformances Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
A AIAG Design FMEA Severity Rankings - Noncompliance Government Regulation? FMEA and Control Plans 9
D Severity or Occurrence? Performing an FMEA on Motorcycle Operation FMEA and Control Plans 9
L FMEA Occurrence, Severity and Detection Criteria FMEA and Control Plans 3
I Ford FMEA requirements for Severity and Occurrence Rankings Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
G FMEA Severity Ranking for an Automotive Audio System FMEA and Control Plans 9
Chennaiite FMEA Severity Rating for Potential Manufacturing Effect mentioned in the FMEA manual FMEA and Control Plans 9
kedarg6500 FMEA Severity Scale - Higher for Failure at Customer's or End-Customer's place? FMEA and Control Plans 19
M FMEA Severity Ratings for Health Care Information System FMEA and Control Plans 10
C Does the PFMEA Severity have to match the DFMEA Severity? FMEA and Control Plans 3
P Measuring Severity of Construction Nonconformance Report Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
L Standard for process control level depending on gravity (severity)? FMEA and Control Plans 7
I Defining a Severity Level of a non-conformance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 13
Y Severity, Occurrence and Detection FMEA Ranking Tables - Guidelines? FMEA and Control Plans 8
L FMEA - Should a severity of 9 or 10 be always followed by recommended actions? FMEA and Control Plans 2
J Severity of Finding for "Past Due Gage" found on the shop floor General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 40
S FMEA Severity of 9 or 10 - Shower does not operate FMEA and Control Plans 13
J Ranking Severity of Non-Conforming Material Defects Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
V Emphasizing Severity more than Occurrence and Detection vs. Overall RPN FMEA and Control Plans 20