Sharing ISO Standards internally on company computers

D

dbulak

We bought copies of the ISO standards. Would it be OK to scan them into our mainframe computer and make them available to employee computers as "read only?" They would not be able to download them to print. Have others done this? Need your thought?
As always, thanks in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Reading ISO Standards from computers

Do whatever, but realistically the vast majority of employees have no need to access and read the standard. Waste of time and effort, time would be better spent reading your organization documentation that applies to them

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
We bought copies of the ISO standards. Would it be OK to scan them into our mainframe computer and make them available to employee computers as "read only?" They would not be able to download them to print. Have others done this? Need your thought?
As always, thanks in advance.
You had asked this question way back in 2003 and there are some great suggestions in there :)

Can I put ISO Standards on our Company Intranet?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
check what your copyright says. If it's an individual license, then networking is not allowed, but it may be possible if you restrict to read only by a single user at the time.
Quite true. I have even seen where a company/country sells a .pdf file which can be downloaded and read on only one computer, and to add to that it allowed for 1 printout only. I know because I bought one once and tried to print it out. The printout failed yet the document was in some way then "marked" so it would not allow me to print a copy even though the first time I tried to print it it failed to print. I think that was a standard I bought from Standards of Australia probably 12 or more years ago. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A ISO/TS 16949 - Sharing Certification Audit Report (NCR's) with the Customer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
Richard Regalado Sharing a Statement of Applicability (SOA) for ISO/IEC 27001:2013 IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
L ISO 9001 Certification of Multiple Companies in the same Facility & sharing resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Does Anybody have an ISO 22000 internal audit checklist for sharing? Internal Auditing 11
JoshuaFroud Serial numbers and labelling when sharing device components ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
wsparrow Is sharing resources treated same way as remote function? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
T Validation of Dropbox for File Sharing, Storage, and Retrieval ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
Gman2 Processes sharing the same nonconformance during an audit General Auditing Discussions 13
P IT tools for Knowledge Sharing in a large Organization Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
R Sharing a Quality Manual with a Customer - Proprietary Information Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
N Sponsor asked to view our SOPs remotely using File Sharing Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
P Web based file sharing i.e. Dropbox for Doc Control - Comments/Alternatives? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
somashekar Information sharing: Week 27, 2010 (HEAT TREATMENT) The Reading Room 3
somashekar Information sharing: Week 24, 2010 (INDUCTION MOTOR) The Reading Room 0
somashekar Information sharing: Week 22, 2010 (HARDNESS, THREADS, BEARINGS) The Reading Room 3
somashekar Information sharing: Week 22, 2010 (TPM, OEE) The Reading Room 1
somashekar Information sharing: Week 21, 2010 (PAPER SIZES) The Reading Room 1
somashekar Information sharing: Week 21, 2010 (COMPUTER TERMS, NUMBER SYSTEM AND DIGITAL) The Reading Room 0
somashekar Information sharing: Week 21, 2010 (CAPACITORS, TRANSFORMERS, RELAYS) The Reading Room 2
somashekar Information sharing: Week 21, 2010 (LEADACID BATTERY AND 12V ELECTRICAL SYSTEM) The Reading Room 0
somashekar Information sharing: Week 21, 2010 (MOTORS, MACHINES AND LUBRICATION) The Reading Room 0
somashekar Information sharing: Week 20, 2010 (DG set and SYNCHRONIZATION) The Reading Room 0
somashekar Information sharing: Week 19, 2010 (ELECTRICITY, SAFETY & GROUNDING) The Reading Room 0
somashekar Information sharing: Week 19, 2010 (SOLAR ENERGY) The Reading Room 0
somashekar Information sharing: Week 19, 2010 (ENERGY) The Reading Room 0
S Sharing and/or Protecting Knowledge: Balance Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
Q Internal Audit Reports - Examples sharing Internal Auditing 7
Hershal Only THREE foods - Informal sharing of tastes Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
S Sharing information on useful web sites Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 30
Q Enterprise company sharing corporate procedures? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Total Quality Managememt Video for sharing Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
Y APQP (2nd version) Training Material Sharing APQP and PPAP 1
hogheavenfarm Extent of certification - Companies sharing manufacturing space in a building ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
L CEDAC (Cause and Effect with Addition of Cards) - Sharing Experiences and Form(s) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 15
Govind Sharing key Audit learning across multi-site operations General Auditing Discussions 12
A Sharing best practices in customer satisfaction monitoring process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 17
R Couples sharing Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
S Thank you so much for sharing all your expertise! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
C Getting started with EMS - Sharing knowledge and experience Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
CarolX Copyright Material vs. File Sharing - Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 14
S Qualification question - ISO 13485 Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
K ISO 13485 clause 8.5.2 'Any necessary CA shall be taken without undue delay' ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Aymaneh ISO 11607-1: 2019 main changes Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
G National Structural Steel Specification 7th Edition - Do I now have to be audited against ISO 3843-3 as well as ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
J How much to charge for helping a startup company with initial ISO 13485 certification? Consultants and Consulting 3
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
L How to understand the clause 6 Planning of ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
D ISO 13485 - 7.3.6 Design and development verification - Do most folks create a separate SOP? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B ISO 8536-4 Contamination Index ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
S Practical Implementation of ISO 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6