Short Run Mfg Seeking QS9000 Certification

L

Lorri

Hi Everyone and I'm so glad I found this forum because I really could use some help.

I am the Quality Mgr, QS Coordinator & Mgmt Rep. for a small screw machine job shop. On the average, we run > 250 pc. orders.I would prefer to go out for ISO certification but the owner of the company insists on QS due to $$$. We are best a fourth tier supplier to the big three and for only a few jobs. We currently have over 2000 active jobs so to speak.

My main concerns are with FMEA's, GR&R, Capability studies, SPC charts, etc. Am I required to have these for all parts, gages, machines, etc.? If I have only 1 job currently that meets these requirements, how can I possibly go for QS 9000 certification?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Lorri

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
You set your systems up so that you only do APQP (FMEA's, GR&R, Capability studies, SPC charts, etc.) when a customer requires it. On automotive contracts that require the stuff you have no choice.

To expand a little on what Mark wrote - you can split the scope of your certification, applying all of the QS9000 requirements for Automotive Customer's parts that will be used in Automotive applications.

Of course, you will have to clearly differentiate each for the audit team and also have objective evidence that you comply with the requirements on the specified parts/customers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P SPC Short Run Advice of a Stamping Process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M Standardized P Chart for Short Run Production Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
B How to Demonstrate Stability and Repeatability in very Short Run Process AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
D IMR (Individuals and Moving Range) Chart for Short-Run SPC - How much data to include Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
R What is a "DNOM Chart" in reference to Short Run SPC? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P Analysis of the figures from Dr Wheeler's 'Short Run SPC' Using Minitab Software 3
S Book for SPC Short Run - Recommendations Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 12
dsalcido Short Run Cpk and Minitab Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
oldqamanager Short Run SPC Chart Template needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
N Which is more appropriate Regular or Short Run control charting? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
E How to Effectively Apply Short Run SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 33
P Short Run Charts - Sample size N=1 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
K Short run Z-bar & W charts - Can anyone tell me the formula used? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
M Multivariable Control Chart - Target, Short Run, Group charts, T2, etc. Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
A Short Run Capability - Batch quantity is 15,000 to 20,000 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Short run SPC Seminars? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
T Short Run - Low Volume Cpk Calculation Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 10
M Short Run SPC with Tool Wear Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
T PPAPs for job shops that produce short run assemblies (i.e 100 to 10,000 units) APQP and PPAP 9
S Precontrol and Process Capability - CNC Lathes that run small batches - Short Runs Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
Ajit Basrur Definitions - Short-term and Brief exposure Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
supadrai My short yet eventful stint as a regulatory affairs lawyer dude is coming to an end! Career and Occupation Discussions 1
G Uncertainty of staging a short line scale standard on longer measuring machine? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
A How to systemically improve product quality in short-term and long-term basis? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 1
B Short term vs Long term Capability - We ship millions of parts in a year Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
A Short Term vs. Long Term SPC Study - Where is Cp and Cpk Defined Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
R Height gauge to measure short hard to access heights General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Balancing between Strategic Objectives & Short Term Priorities Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
E Short Case Studies - Major/Minor Nonconformance, Observation or OK? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
kedarg6500 Sample Size for Short Term & Long Term Process Capability Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
B Quality-related short term course in Perth Australia Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
W Supply Voltage Condition for Transformer O/L and S/C (open & short circuit) testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
E Expiration Date on Label for different Countries (Short Shelf Life Product) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Fender1 How to comply with ISO 9001 and provide quick/short lead-time orders? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
P Understanding IEC 60601-1:2005, Clause 8.1 b) - Short Circuiting Double Insulation IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 13
H Looking for short videos that cover what ISO 9001 is Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
R Are multi-faults needed? Effects of a Short Circuit IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
R Should the fault tests pass if temperature goes high in short time? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 15
S Aspect vs. Impact and Hazard vs. Risk - Short/clear explanation & example Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 11
S Pp/Ppk & Cp/Cpk - Which is appropriate for Long/Short Term Study? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 20
D Short Quality Cases for my Quality Workshop so I can make a Case Study Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
E Error Proofing to prevent Length Short - CNC Turning Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Sidney Vianna Short notice audits - Have you been through or triggered one? Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
R Short-term vs. Long-term Variation Six Sigma 5
J Short Term and Long Term Quality Objectives AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 20
M Gage R&R Short Study vs. Long Study vs. Other Studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 25
A Injection Mold 100% Visual Inspection - Short Shots and Debris not being found Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 22
A Normal Deviation - short cut/method to calculate sigma Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Chennaiite Interpretation of Short term vs. Long term Capability Studies Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M Any Bridge Courses or short term courses available which helps the Career Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3