Should a corrected finding be reported & presented ???

E

Eugene

An auditee has corrected a finding during the audit before the closign meeting and should the auditor report and present the finding in the closing meeting?As per Allan Sayle in his "Management Audit" book, all finding should not be presented and reported in the Closing meeting and as per ASQC's text,it mentioned that it should be reported and presented in the Closing Meeting as it is the product of the audit and should give a true reflection of the audit.
It is pretty confusing for those auditors where consistency does not come into the picture!!
Any recommendation/input/comments welcome.

Eugene

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
All findings should be reported. This allows everyone to benefit from the audit results and may even answer similar findings.
The third ed. also requires that "opportunities for improvement" for each element be addressed and reported.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
That's always been my take on it. If it's a 'finding', even if you fix it 'on-the-spot', it has to be presented / reported in the appropriate meeting(s) / report(s).

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
absolutely...it remains as part of the report.

Do you guys discuss each and every finding individually in the closing meeting? I don't, I do a summary......but have discussed all with MR before the closing meeting. Do any major or global ones specifically...but the oneoff random oops is just reported and passed out in written form as part of the report unless the MR asks to have it highlighted. I will field questions at the very end of the meeting if need be, but not during.

I don't close findings before the closing meeting either. I will stay and review any further stuff afterward at my descreation...on the spot fixes I will close out. Might also add, there are NO surprises at the closing meeting as to findings, they are all comunicated clearly as they happen..any global issues are communicated to the MR after the team discusses them. this is typical of what I see as a consultant as well...

What do you all see happening here?

Sayles book is not for Registrar Lead Auditors....its for the companies internal management audits if i remember correctly. The scope of the audit is the governing factor.

[This message has been edited by barb butrym (edited 15 December 1999).]

D

David Guffey

While I have a great deal of respect for Allen Sayle, he is wrong on this count.

Even if a "finding" is addressed and closed during the course of the assessment or audit, by recording the "finding" (and indicating it has been closed and no further action is necessary), the knowledge will not be lost. It can be reviewed for effectiveness of the corrective action at the next visit.

As an auditee, I would appreciate having it written (as long as it shows "closed") because then I, too, have something to tickle me and make sure whatever it was won't happen again.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
All findings should be reported even if corrected during the audit . However it should be noted that action was taken. One still needs to address why it occured

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Should corrected audit findings be presented ?? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
John Broomfield Vote - Should ISO9004 Become a Requirements Standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A Capability Study - in the beginning of your career what should you have known about the tool Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
J Should Loading and Unloading be Included in Cycle Times? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 13
E Manufacturers should develop a testing device for covid19 Service Industry Specific Topics 0
T 510(k) submission - Which name should I use in the submission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
N ISO 19011:2018 - 5.4.2 "...audit program should engage in appropriate continual development..." Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
G Should I perform Gage R&R only at the beginning of a new project? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
M Should 510(k) Predicates be Actively Listed Devices? Other US Medical Device Regulations 12
B Why the Greek god Hephaestus should have done a design FMEA (DFMEA) on his giant robot APQP and PPAP 1
J On PFMEA for danger labels - Label always should be assigned severity 10 ? FMEA and Control Plans 3
H Who should be listed as the manufacturer/distributor on the box? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 15
M MDR, RED and LVD - Should our device comply with them? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
BeaBea How Many Processes should be created for each Department? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
M Should volume of sales be factored into risk probability assessments? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 33
MrTetris Should potential bugs be considered in software risk analysis? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
S Should safety checks be included in the Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M Which incubation condition should be selected to recover both bacteria and fungus effectively Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
D Is there a specific location for PPE such as safety glass holders and glove dispensers should be mounted Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 10
Robert Stanley Which Registrar Should I Choose for ISO 9001:2015 registration? Registrars and Notified Bodies 10
M Who should receive the bills from suppliers and vendors, account payable or procurement? Consultants and Consulting 4
V IATF 16949 8.4.1 Control of externally provided processes, products and services - Should the CB be on our Approved Supplier List? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
A We are ISO 13485:2016 should we be audited to ISO 14971 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
E Received a Major finding during IATF Surveillance audit for loss of BIQS Level 3 (more than 6 SPPS in 6 months)...how should we address SYSTEMIC CA? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
J Organization merger. Should we keep two separate ISO 13485 certificates? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Companies that maintain your machine should be in ASL? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Use of "Shall" versus "Should" in Procedures ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 21
D Class II medical device - When should a complaint be closed? Customer Complaints 6
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 News Presentations from the latest IATF Stakeholder Event - Expectation that IATF 16949 certification should equate with product quality. Misguided? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
L Clause 0.4 of ISO 9001 and EHS - Where should I stop the inclusion of EHS in my QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Ed Panek Part 11 Self Certify Memo - What else should it cover? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
H Should I mention machine/Equipment password In SOP? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
D How long should we keep the spare parts available for our medical device, after we have stopped the production? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
H Statistical Techniques Procedure - What should be included Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
Q How should I analyze measurement correlation between me and customer? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion ISO 9001:2024 - What should be changed in the next Edition of ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 98
N Should it even be on the hazard analysis (software)? FMEA and Control Plans 2
V Which batches should or could be considered for design validation and design verification? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
L A Taiwan company want to sell Class I medical device (510(k) exempt) on Amazon, should we register with FDA? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
M Routine testing of medical electrical systems - What specific electrical safety tests should be performed? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
G ISO 17025:2017 7.1.2 - Should I produce a document for the customer? ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
F Quality Objectives - Where in the QMS Quality Objectives should be located ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
P ISO 80369-7 standard - Interpreting which Parts should be in scope Other Medical Device Related Standards 7
V Who should define and own the Design and Development Plan and how to maintain the updates and revisions. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A How should the Medical Device OEMs be declared to ANVISA? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
D Should "Waste" be included as Output in SIPOC Chart? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 8
N Control plan evaluation methods - Which methods should be carried over from the PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 3
A PFMEA - How long should the recommended actions remain in the recommended actions column? APQP and PPAP 3
M Should Quality be an independent organization in aerospace company? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 25