Should there be another column in the Optimization section (step 6) of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form?

morteza

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all,

As you know, for improving the design and reducing risk, you may define some actions which reduce the "severity of failure effect". But in the DFMEA form there are only 2 columns, one for prevention action which reduces the occurrence (O) and the other for detection action which reduces the detection (D) rating.
I think the form should include another column like "DFMEA Mitigation Action" for recording actions that eliminate or mitigate the failure effects.
Do you agree?
Should there be another column in the Optimization section (step 6) of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form?

AndrewK

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

As you know, for improving the design and reducing risk, you may define some actions which reduce the "severity of failure effect". But in the DFMEA form there are only 2 columns, one for prevention action which reduces the occurrence (O) and the other for detection action which reduces the detection (D) rating.
I think the form should include another column like "DFMEA Mitigation Action" for recording actions that eliminate or mitigate the failure effects.
Do you agree?
View attachment 28681
i think in Action with pointer to evidence you may specify any information about mitigation if planned actions were canceled

Top Bottom