Significant changes between EN80079-34 and EN 13980:2002 which it replaces

C

carl_0525

Adding of new clause specifying that the manufacturer shall have a documented process to annually check the validity of all document relating to Ex products

Anybody have sample of the procedure for annualy check the validity of documents?

Thanks everyone!

C

carl_0525

Re: Significant changes between this European Standard and EN 13980:2002 - EN80079-34

Hello People!any inputs is a big help for me..
God bless you all...:bigwave:

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Standard Number: BS EN ISO/IEC 80079-34:2011
Title: Explosive atmospheres. Application of quality systems for equipment manufacture
Abstract: To be read in conjunction with BS EN ISO 9001
Publication Date: 30 September 2011
Replaces: BS EN 13980:2002

Descriptors: Explosive atmospheres, Flammable atmospheres, Explosions, Fire risks, Quality assurance, Quality management, Management operations, Certification (approval), Acceptance (approval), Protected electrical equipment, Electric enclosures, Verification

C

carl_0525

Hi Harry,
Thanks for the info.. By the way im asking for some sample of procedure which is to check the validity of all the standard use related to your product which one of the mandatory procedure for the new standard EN80079-34..

thanks for the help pips...:applause:

M

mmagargee

Hello Carl,
Despite the risk of posting to a stale thread, I do understand your question. You are trying to comply with 80079-34, 4.2.3 i) "the manufacturer shall have a documented process to annually check the validity of all Ex related certificates, standards, regulations and other external specifications."

The two concerns would be 1.) in which procedure do you describe this review? 2.)by what manner do you conduct the review?

1.) Note that this is a document control issue, so I like the idea of putting it in that procedure. You could simply add a review step.

2.)The intention is to note updates to the product related standards that would cause your Ex certificate to be out of compliance with the latest standard's requirements, so you want to review any changes to the ones used in past product investigations: 60079-1 ("d"), 60079-11 ("i"), 60079-15 ("n"), etc. You could compare the latest releases to what you've got (for example www.iec.ch, or global engineering documents, or whatever) and view the updates section. If you don't like that, you could always browse http://www.iecex.com/news_releases.htm or the decisions section of that site. Consider what might be out of date not only with your product design, but also reviewing any IECEx component that you use, manufactured by another company. Compare the standards cited in their certificate to what you have discovered to be current. Then see if there are any gaps. You also want to update new standards versions in your external document collection so that current design activities are done to the latest standards.

Top Bottom