"Simplified" AS9100 and ISO 9001 Internal Audit Checklists

D

dsh205

Thanks for the insight Marc ....

I think I found something that might work .....

I like the structure, just need to update this to the lastest ISO/AS requirements.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
C

ChrissieO

Re: Intro and internal audit question

No Probs, I have also pasted our scope for auditing 2012 as this ma help understand our audit schedule etc.

I am not sure, but I may of got the original idea for this matrix from an earlier attachment on here, so appologies if you were the original submitter.

"INTERNAL AUDITS 2012 - ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, TS16949, AEO

In an aim to integrate the Management Systems further, there will only be one audit schedule going into 2012. Where possible internal audits have been integrated to streamline our audit process. There are a few mandatory ones for EHS which cannot be integrated at this point of time but hopefully going forward this will be possible.

The focus again in 2012 will be fewer audits but with more added value. The 2/3 day Process Interaction Audit in April will now include EHS & AEO requirements and will drive much of the audit activity throughout the year this will include the ******* operation. Also driving additional audits will be

the introduction of new processes,
changes to existing processes
internal and external audit results,
complaints/claims/direct-response data,
requests from the Management Team and Team Leaders and Auditors, to look at possible broken processes or process where it is felt there could be improvement.
requests from customers

******** Converted Products were audited in 2011 by BSI with no areas of concern and areas of best practise identified so no internal audit is currently deemed necessary for 2012 unless requested by the management team but will be covered in 2013 before their next BSI visit in 2014

Customer Support Services will be covered in the 2012 audit schedule.

The AOEM group at ******* will continue be covered by the European Automotive Internal Audit Team under the scope of TS16949 (date TBC) along with the ******* EDC. Additional TS16949 local internal process audits at ****** or ****** may be requested by the European/UK AOEM Quality Group if deemed necessary. TS16949 process audits will continue to be conducted at ****** where deemed necessary resulting from AOEM claims, customer requests, the introduction of new processes which may effect the product or service delivered to the AOEM customer.

******* are not currently in scope

The nature of the process audit is that we cover everything within a process that could effect the quality of our product or service, the safety and security of our people,data, buildings and products and the effects our operations have on the environment. None of our processes stand alone and they all interact with different departments, therefore during any process audit we may need to interact with other departments not in the original scope depending where an audit trail leads. I.e. if we are looking at operational processes in ****** we may need to look at inputs/outputs from any of the CS or Inventory groups in *****/******/******/*****/***** this will then deem them in scope of the audit. Notice will be given wherever possible but this is not always possible as it depends on an audit trail.

The physical/building/process/data/product security requirements of the newly attained AEO status will also now become integrated into our internal process audits and the Audit Team will be brought up to speed with these requirements in January 2012. There will be a full site AEO audit for ****** scheduled later in 2012 along with other selected UK sites.

2nd Party Supplier Audits i.e. *****, ******, ***** etc will be scheduled early in the new year.

The audit schedule is not written in stone and will be updated on going through out the year to reflect completed audits, additional audits requested/required and rescheduled audits etc."

Hope this helps.

Chrissie

Attachments

D

dsh205

Scott - I'd suggest you do something to help them understand the error of their ways and what the internal audit should be doing for them, NOT because they think an auditor is good to matter in this!

There are many reasons why auditing shouldn't be to the standard(s) as the unique criteria. Plus, while on auditor might like it, what happens when another comes along and says "you're not doing a process based audit!"

Good opportunity here, for you to wow your management with a better approach!

Andy

I'm a greenhorn at this so bare with me ...

This checklist will be more important and helpful (to me) than you might think. I understand these audits are to verify that "you are doing what you say you are doing", for me a checklist would be invaluable, this would allow me to cover everything within all sections of ISO 9001:2008 & AS9100C.

As a MFG Engineer, I've done a lot of process based audits and they are straight forward. The SOPs, work station instructions, setup sheets, specifications and procedures are to be followed, documentation must be completed.

My current place of employment manufactures "paper work", there is very little actual manufacturing that takes place. I'm just trying to relate all of my manufacturing processing experience to the "paper work" manufacturing I'm in now. It appears that there are a lot less W/I's and procedures for processing paper work than there are for actually making the parts.

Sorry for long post ....

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ChrissieO

Andy

I'm a greenhorn at this so bare with me ...

This checklist will be more important and helpful (to me) than you might think. I understand these audits are to verify that "you are doing what you say you are doing", for me a checklist would be invaluable, this would allow me to cover everything within all sections of ISO 9001:2008 & AS9100B.

As a MFG Engineer, I've done a lot of process based audits and they are straight forward. The SOPs, work station instructions, setup sheets, specifications and procedures are to be followed, documentation must be completed.

My current place of employment manufactures "paper work", there is very little actual manufacturing that takes place. I'm just trying to relate all of my manufacturing processing experience to the "paper work" manufacturing I'm in now. It appears that there are a lot less W/I's and procedures for processing paper work than there are for actually making the parts.

Sorry for long post ....

Scott
Scott

I to work in a non manufacturing environment. Supply chain, distribution, Customer service, Inventory management. Your processes and how you interact with manufacturing/product etc are critical and just as important.

Without a process nothing happens, it doesn't matter if your are producing a product or delivering a service, everything you do is part of a process and paper work is a part of it. WIs/SOPs only need to be flow charts not war and peace. Maybe one of the things you need to look at is why so much paper work. Ask the question why do you produce these spread sheets, this paper work and if you get the answer "because we always have" then you need to start digging and asking the question "is it still necessary or required?"

One of my objectives set by management this year was to reduce the amount of SOPs/WIs and paperwork within the QMS. I have so far removed over 200 SOPs/WIS by normalising them. How many ways can you ship and picka box or enter an order!!!!!!!

First thing, look at what you actually do and create your management system around this and dont try and fit your management system around what YOU think the standard thinks you should do.

Andy is far more wise than I am on this subject and when I was moving toward process based systems we made phone calls acorss the pond and trust me I have never looked back with Andy's help and Colin Partington in the UK. Our CBs have embraced the changes I have made to our QMS and AUditing style and congratulated us in the way we have moved forward with this, even when we were audited by the FDA 2 years ago they identified our Management System as best practise. If you can keep the FDA happy you cant be far wrong lol.

Chrissie

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dsh205

Our QMS was design around the ISO9001 standard, section by section, paragraph by paragraph from start to finish. The QPs and QWIs follow the exact same pattern, we have 23 QPs and 14 QWIs.

The checklist that we currently have is 25 pages and follows the standard section by section. IMO it's just TMI ..... So far everyone has been happy with it, we just completed and passed our audit and have been certified
to AS9100 RevC / ISO 9001:2008 with zero findings for the last 3 years.

I think I may be the problem here ....

C

ChrissieO

Our QMS was design around the ISO9001 standard, section by section, paragraph by paragraph from start to finish. The QPs and QWIs follow the exact same pattern, we have 23 QPs and 14 QWIs.

The checklist that we currently have is 25 pages and follows the standard section by section. IMO it's just TMI ..... So far everyone has been happy with it, we just completed and passed our audit and have been certified
to AS9100 RevC / ISO 9001:2008 with zero findings for the last 3 years.
I think I may be the problem here ....
I think the problem may be with your CB :notme:. Are you raising any findings within your internal audit programme?

Chrssie

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Configuration Management Simplified - Complying with AS9100 Clause 4.3 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 12
M Medical Devices and ASD-STE100 (Simplified Technical English) Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
N Redoing the QMS to be Simplified Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
J Simplified Uncertainty Equation for Pipette Calibration Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 7
R GAMP (Good Automated Manufacturing Practice) simplified please. Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P Simplified Statistical Sampling Plan - Printing Industry Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A Simplified Explanation of the 8 Quality Management Systems Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
GStough Looking for a Simplified Internal Audit Checklist (ISO 9001 / ISO 13485) form General Auditing Discussions 14
C Simplified version of QFD (Quality Function Deployment) - Ford Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
Marc Simplified Job Application Form Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
D Simplified Attribute MSA Gauge (Gage) R&R for Plug Gages Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 18
O Adding ISO 13485 to an AS9100 QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
NDesouza AS9100 - D Capacity Planning Requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
D ISO 9001 & AS9100 Certificate issued by a consultant for a Distributor Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
B FAR/Prime Contractor Flow-down Tool - AS9100 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
K AS9100 - 7.3 - Are these black and white questions with specific correct answers AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
A Does AS9100 require traceability to operators performing the work? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
R Traceability on Unmarked Parts - AS9100 requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
M When is FAI required? AS9100 8.5.1.3 and 8.4.3 requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 9
M Ethics and Legality AS9100 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
K Counterfeit parts prevention - Audit Nonconformance - AS9100 8.2.2 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 25
classical_quality AS9100 Surveillance Audit - advice on drafting strong responses AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
L AS9100 - Infrastructure or Product? Inflight internet connectivity network AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
C AS9100 Rev D 8.1.1 & APQP - Operational risk management process AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
T AS9100 - Changing PEARs target AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 41
R AS9100 DELTA FAI - Sub-supplier for plating changed AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
G AS9100-8.1.2 Configuration Management AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
R AS9100 REV D gap analysis matrix AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
Sidney Vianna Informational New IAQG Document - AS9100 Clarifications of Intent AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
E Recommendations for CBs south of England AS9100 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
T Was Just told we could ONLY buy material for AS9100 customers if the DISTRIBUTION house is AS9100 / AS9120 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
E AS9100 installtion procedure AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
Q Connecting AS9100 D Clause 4.2 to 9.3.2 b - Interested parties and relevant issues AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 24
D AS9100 Inspection records - Is there a requirement to have gauge ID and calibration status AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
O Identifying KPI for AS9100 8.1.4 - Prevention of Counterfeit Parts - PCB assembly contract manufacturer AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 16
L AS9100 and Agile development processes AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
I Is this a Major AS9100 QMS change - Quality Concerns AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
C E signatures on Engineering Change Notes AS9100 / AS9116 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
T QMS Training for my organization - IATF16949 and also AS9100 or 9145 Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
W Tying the need for Demand Planning to a section of AS9100/9110 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
bryan willemot Documenting past problem history for fasteners for AS9100 Rev D AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
was named killer AS9100 FAIR - True Position hole out by .0011" on 50 parts AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
L AS9100 D- Handling Nonconformance Documentation for an organization that outsources most of the work. AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
APHX02 Thread Roll Process Verification w/in AS9100 (i.e. BSP-F-69/AS8879) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
I AS9100 8.4.2 Type and Extent of Control - External provider test reports Manufacturing and Related Processes 24
F AS9100 D - Verification of purchased product - Sheet metal and aluminum extrusion stock AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
A A Question about Continual improvement process in AS9100 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
Prashant G AS9100 Requirement - Verification of characteristics results with drawing requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 13
A Definition of "Sensitive Products" Clause 8.5.4 (c) in AS9100 Rev. D AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4