Simplified Attribute MSA Gauge (Gage) R&R for Plug Gages

D
If we use alot of plug gages and they are noted on our control plans, what type of MSA do you recomend we need to be in compliance with QS?
Thanks, Dawn

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Don Winton

Dawn,

I cannot suggest a compliance mechanism, but you can classify plug gages using attribute R&R.

Regards,
Don

[This message has been edited by Don Winton (edited 02-07-99).]

D

Don Winton

I can send by e-mail a Word 6.0 Document that explains R&R for attribute data. Can you read this type of file?

Regards,
Don

D

Don Winton

On its way. BTW, this is a first draft. If any errors are detected, do let me know, please.

Regards,
Don

L

Lisa Maiocco

Attribute Gage R&R : with 1-5 ranking???

Question 1: Can anyone recommend a formal way of measuring gage capability on a pass / fail measurement? We have something in-house but I'm not sure what is standardly acceptable. (Our in-house method does not calculate a "gage error", etc) . Question 2: Can anyone recommend a method for an attribute GR&R when the test output is a 1-5 integer ranking based on standards we have set up? Thank you for any suggestions or leads you can provide!

B

Batman

Question 1:
A very good attribute GR&R can be found at Don Winton's website. Perhaps you may find it also in the PDF zone here at the forum. Look for an Excel spreadsheet, it contains most of the directions.

Question 2:
Typically an attribute R&R is simply a pass / fail. If I understand the question, you are creating variables data (albeit not very discriminating) when you classify parts in more than a pass / fail test, therefore a variable R&R should be performed.

G

Garry

Simplified Attribute Gauge R&R

Is there anyone out there who can lead me to an answer.
I have simplified the situation in my question.

We reference in our Control Plans to various kinds of Go/No-go Gauges use to inspect significant characteristics. At the end, we have about 5 different types of gauges at our place.

One kind of gauges are the Plug Gauges. I might have one that is for a 10 +/-0.1mm specification and another one that is for a 15 +/-0.1mm specification and 5 others between 1 and 10mm.

Questions:
1) Can Gauge R&R be done for families of gauges (in this instance just for one Plug gauge instead of 7) irrespective of the specification or do we have to do this for each specification?

2) If the same Gauge is being used at 5 totally different parts, can I just refer back to one performed study (criteria specific) instead of doing it 5 times (Part specific)

3) Where would I find those answers in the MSA manual?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Medical Devices and ASD-STE100 (Simplified Technical English) Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
N Redoing the QMS to be Simplified Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
D "Simplified" AS9100 and ISO 9001 Internal Audit Checklists ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 43
J Simplified Uncertainty Equation for Pipette Calibration Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 7
R GAMP (Good Automated Manufacturing Practice) simplified please. Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P Simplified Statistical Sampling Plan - Printing Industry Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A Simplified Explanation of the 8 Quality Management Systems Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Configuration Management Simplified - Complying with AS9100 Clause 4.3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
GStough Looking for a Simplified Internal Audit Checklist (ISO 9001 / ISO 13485) form General Auditing Discussions 14
C Simplified version of QFD (Quality Function Deployment) - Ford Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
Marc Simplified Job Application Form Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
A Attribute Analysis for colour matching scale Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
K Transform variable data into attribute data Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 24
K IATF & Attribute Study requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
O Examples of Critical process parameter (CPP) and Critical quality attribute (CQA) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Applying Weibayes to Attribute sampling Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B Easy Software Needed for Recording Mainly Attribute Data Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Does an attribute study (Go/NoGo pin gage) need two studies (1 for each pin) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Attribute Gage R&R study according to "Charbonneau" Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Can a Attribute Study be considered a Visual Inspection? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
J MSA on Part Specific Attribute Fixtures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
B IATF 16949 Cl. 8.6.6 - Acceptance Criteria - Zero Defects Attribute Data Sampling IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
L Gage Blocks: Attribute or Variable Gage? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
T Attribute vs Variable Inspection Data ISO 13485 Requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Calibration of a Width Gage Slot with an Attribute Gage - Maximum Width Condition General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
R Visual Attribute Inspector Capability and KAPPA Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
D attribute gage RR in a unique way Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Proper Gauging - GD&T - Attribute gage to check true positioning on the shop floor Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
P RQL/AQL from Attribute Data Six Sigma 1
M Population failure rate based on attribute data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
V Minitab - Attribute Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Attribute G&R for all Visual Controls in Control Plan Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J Attribute Test Method Validation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Attribute Sampling Plans with Switching Rules - Software Recommendations Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
F MSA - Measurement System Analysis Attribute Data Crosstab sheet APQP and PPAP 1
B Bayes Success-Run on Attribute Data - Determining Sample Size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
A Attribute Inspection P Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
Chennaiite Do Attribute Control Charts really help? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
Sean Kelley Visual Inspection Galvanized Attribute Study Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
N Example of how to perform a Visual Attribute Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
K MINITAB 16 - Attribute gage study (Analytic method) and Gage R&R Study (Expanded) Using Minitab Software 2
J Minimum number of parts to do an attribute gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
D Reliability of an Attribute Inspection based on Historical Data Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 8
S Cross Tab Attribute Gauge Study form Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
V MSA Attribute Data Analysis Study IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Destructive Attribute MSA for Simple Water Leak Check in Trailers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
A Minimum Number of Parts for Attribute (Go / NoGo) Data Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
J Attribute MSA - Number of samples Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1