SBS - The best value in QMS software

Sine Plate Charts - Someone lost the angle chart - Where can I get one?

J

jkittle

I need some help using a sine plate. I need to check the angle on a part and this is the only tool I have to do so but someone lost the angle chart that shows the gage block stack to use to get the angels.

Does anyone know where I can get a new chart or how to figure out what the stack up should be? I already googled the internet and can’t find a chart.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Sine Plate Charts

I need some help using a sine plate. I need to check the angle on a part and this is the only tool I have to do so but someone lost the angle chart that shows the gage block stack to use to get the angels.

Does anyone know where I can get a new chart or how to figure out what the stack up should be? I already googled the internet and can’t find a chart.
Hello Jerry,

What is the length of the sine plate? Actually, you really don't need a table.
Your (gage block) stack height is equal to the sine of the desired angle times the length (hypotenuse) of the plate.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

J

jkittle

Its 5" center line pivot. Please explain, my trig is a little rusty and I can't remember how to get the stack up.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

Its 5" center line pivot. Please explain, my trig is a little rusty and I can't remember how to get the stack up.
Jerry,

You need a scientific calculator.

Let's say the desired angle is 25 degrees.
The sine of 25 degrees is 0.382683432.
You multiply this by 5; your stack height is 1.913417162"
Depending on your gageblock set, you start with the last possible decimal in the set and then build your stack from there.

See this for additional information.

Also, making a gage block stack.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

J

jkittle

Thank you very much for your help. I got it now and I feel really stupid too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Setting a Sine Plate with Roll Pins - Roll Dimensions for Sine Plates Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
J Sine Plate Calibration Procedure General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
C I need to verify the surface profile of a part - Sine plates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
T Automotive equipment sine wave vibration test condition - BMW requirement? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
K Need of calibration procedures for sine plates, v-blocks, and parallel bars General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
N Granite Plate Resurfacing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
P Average access height into an industrial machine (average base plate height) Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
CCaantley Where to get a good test indicator stand for a granite surface plate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
K Validation of coating plate (IVD) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
R Sourcing steel plate material to J403 Grade 1010 - 1022 Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
D Hot Plate Welded Plastic Strength Validation Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
E Help me with Surface Plate Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
D Pls hlep me understand the "Total Anaerobic Plate Count" Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
M Calibration Cycle for Standard Iron & Steel Plate Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 17
A ISO 14001 & Waste Packaging Regulations - Printing Plate Production Company ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
V Supplier's First Run had Plating Problems - Can they Strip, Re-Plate and PPAP them? APQP and PPAP 14
J Trying to determine whether a steel plate is bowed with a Faro Arm Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 8
D ISO/TS 16949 Compliant Surface Plate Class and Accuracy IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T Break Press or Bending A36 Carbon Structural Steel Plate Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A Medical Whiteroom Environmental Controls and Evaluation of Contact Plate Findings Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 9
F CMM Surface Plate Temperature Monitoring Device Recommendations Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
C Surface Plate Calibration - How to verify the flatness of a granite surface plate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
P Plate Glass: Cosmetic Inspection for Scratches Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
AnaMariaVR2 Plate washer maintenance & calibration frequency? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
S NC Lathe Preventive Maintenance Boiler Plate checklist Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
R Copper Flash Tin Plate - Part that calls for Dull Tin Finish with a Copper Flash Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
L TSA (Tryptic Soy Agar) settle plate durations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
E Granite Surface Plate Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
A Clutch Plate Blackening Process - Help with process flow and details Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A How to control repeated rejections - clutch plate? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Extending Surface Plate Calibration Frequency General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Lamination Defect in Structural Steel Plate Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
F Manufacturing date on serial number plate? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
B Planekator Calibration Method Details - Calibration of a Surface Plate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Universal Master Square/Toolmakers Surface Plate Square Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Layout Table (very large surface plate) Manufacturer Options - Warranty Hub Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 17
B R&R Study in Microbiological Testing - Aerobic Plate Count, Coliform, and Salmonella Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
apestate Project pictures: Surface plate with fasteners installed. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
apestate Advice on maintaining surface plate condition - Starrett crystal pink surface plate Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
T P Chart Question - Defects per Plate Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
T Certification to NCA-3800 - No Design - Stainless steel plate processor Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
F Where can I buy Surface plate standard GGG-P-463 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
R Where I can find the grade requirement for an inspection plate Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Q Interpreting Tensile Charts General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
BeaBea Organizational Charts and Job Titles Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 20
I Recommendation about h and k values when CUSUM charts are used Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
U Electronic templates for making paper control charts Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
S "X-MR charts do not separate piece-to-piece repeatability of the process" Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Rameshwar25 Other types of Control Charts described in Chapter II of SPC Manual Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
S Standard Deviation Selection on Control Charts - Minitab "pooled deviation" Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3