Site Extension across the street to expand

brandieb1230

Involved In Discussions
My company is currently looking to purchase the building across the street to expand. The current plan is to move our service operations over there, but our plant manager is known for making other changes so I can't rule out moving some production over there as well.

I'm guessing we need new site codes as we are shipping from a new location?

Would we also need a new TS certificate for this site, or could we add it as a site extension?

Ideally, we would prefer the extension.

Thank you for your advice and assistance.

Last edited:

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
See Annex 4 - Eligibility criteria for the certificate structure.
Page 67 of Rules for achieving and maintaining IATF recognition - Fifth edition for 16949.
Alternatively, contact your certification body and ask. Probably they will provide you questionnaire helping determine your eligibility status.

morteza

My company is currently looking to purchase the building across the street to expand. The current plan is to move our service operations over there, but our plant manager is known for making other changes so I can't rule out moving some production over there as well.

I'm guessing we need new site codes as we are shipping from a new location?

Would we also need a new TS certificate for this site, or could we add it as a site extension?

Ideally, we would prefer the extension.

Thank you for your advice and assistance.

Hi,
Based on Rules 5th edition, you can have single certificate for new situation.

Golfman25

Thank you both for your answers.

I appreciate your help.

Make sure you double check with your CB. I know a few years ago this was a "Big Deal" as we had separate buildings next to each other and they told us we needed two certificates and two audits. There was even a Cover who had their waiver pulled after posting about it here. Hopefully things have changed for the better. Good luck.

Top Bottom