Six Sigma Case Studies and Exercise material for practice purpose.

pagnonig

Involved In Discussions
Hi there!:bigwave:

Could anybody suggest websites/books/other material where I can found exercises (case studies) to solve in order to practice the six sigma tools?
Thank you.

Giuseppe

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Six Sigma Exercise material

Hi there!:bigwave:

Could anybody suggest websites/books/other material where I can found exercises (case studies) to solve in order to practice the six sigma tools?
Thank you.

Giuseppe
Hello Guiseppe,

Here is a sample of Six Sigma-related attachments from The Cove (This Forum).

This may be a good start.

Stijloor.

pagnonig

Involved In Discussions

Thank you for the tip.

Actually I would like to find out some business cases exercises to solve.
I wonder if any book or web doc exists on this issue.

D

Duke Okes

Sometime when you're in a restaurant or hotel or store, waiting for a taxi or bus, or placing an order online or by phone (e.g., anytime you're doing anything), look for possible defects/errors during provision of the service. Then think about how you would go about applying the DMAIC model to it.

Life gives us lots of case studies every day.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Six Sigma (Case Studies) Exercise material

I have some real world examples and stories as part of the two day training materials I've placed on the internet at http://www.hanford.gov/rl/?page=1156&parent=1144

These come from work for the US Government at the Hanford Washington nuclear site. They are in the open domain, but if you do borrow them for a presentation I would of course like proper attribution made to their source.

Now, I should point out that I am quite against six sigma overall, but nonetheless there are statistical tools in common between six sigma and my work (which is Deming-based).

If you are interested, I am teaching these materials on October 29 and 30 in Richland WA and it is open to the public.

pagnonig

Involved In Discussions

I have some real world examples and stories as part of the two day training materials I've placed on the internet at http://www.hanford.gov/rl/?page=1156&parent=1144

These come from work for the US Government at the Hanford Washington nuclear site. They are in the open domain, but if you do borrow them for a presentation I would of course like proper attribution made to their source.

Now, I should point out that I am quite against six sigma overall, but nonetheless there are statistical tools in common between six sigma and my work (which is Deming-based).

If you are interested, I am teaching these materials on October 29 and 30 in Richland WA and it is open to the public.

Thank you Steve.
Giuseppe

A

abhissa

hi,
what was the solution to dissolve the problem (conductors and drivers)

Reg

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator

hi,
what was the solution to dissolve the problem (conductors and drivers)

Reg
Private message sent with the answer. By the way, this story is in Russ Ackoff's book "Idealized Design", though I had gotten the story from one of his presentations at IN2IN.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Example of a DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) Project or a Case Study Six Sigma 4
H Case Studies of Six Sigma in Service Processes Six Sigma 1
G Six Sigma Case Studies - Does anyone have a good source for LSS case studies? Six Sigma 8
I Six Sigma Assignment Problem - Case Study: Productivity Improvement Six Sigma 2
P Six Sigma Organizations: Seeking case histories and examples Six Sigma 1
B Benefits of Lean, Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma, Balanced Scorecard - Making the case Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
D Detailed Six Sigma Case Study Needed Six Sigma 9
michellemmm What is the Cost of six sigma certification? Six Sigma 5
K Looking for a good Six Sigma book Six Sigma 4
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
eule del ayre Lean Six Sigma for Quality Management System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 10
Marc ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 - Phoenix, AZ ASQ - American Society for Quality 0
Bev D ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Levels of Lean Six Sigma Certification Six Sigma 3
J Excellent Resource on Statistics / Lean / Six Sigma Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
M How Organizations maintain Six Sigma and TQM in their Operations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Can Six sigma support ISO9001? If yes, in what ways? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
L Toyota doesn’t use Six Sigma Six Sigma 1
N Implementation of Six Sigma in Service industry Service Industry Specific Topics 17
J Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB) from a college - Options? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
Bev D ASQ 2015 Lean Six Sigma Conference: Bev D's Presentation Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
K Looking for Six Sigma Black Belt projects in Customer Service Six Sigma 7
Mikael Total Productive Maintenance vs. Lean, Six sigma, Business Process Reengineering, etc Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
S Quality / 9001/ Six Sigma Audio CD Recommendations? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Q Advice for the Implementation of a Lean/Six Sigma Program Six Sigma 9
A Application / Use of Hypothesis Testing in any Six Sigma Black Belt Project Six Sigma 8
T Tools Six Sigma for my Automated Machine Six Sigma 8
V Pareto Analysis - Six Sigma - 'Productivity Improvement' project Service Industry Specific Topics 1
N Lean Six Sigma Deployment Six Sigma 2
G How much to pay a Freelance Six Sigma Trainer in India Six Sigma 1
M Six Sigma in the Software Industry Six Sigma 6
G Looking for live project in company for Six Sigma Black belt Project Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
B How to identify Six Sigma Yellow Belt Project Six Sigma 4
K ASQ Six Sigma Handbook - Should I purchase the Black Belt handbook now? Six Sigma 5
alonFAI Six Sigma Green Belt Certification help Career and Occupation Discussions 5
H Chosing a Six Sigma Green Belt Project - Software Industry Six Sigma 9
S Suggestions for Six Sigma Online Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
S Lean Hospital - Implementing a quality/lean/six sigma program Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
K Choosing a Six Sigma training organization Six Sigma 4
C DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) project or SSBB project? Six Sigma 8
S Need help with Project Charter for my Six Sigma Green Belt Project Six Sigma 1
P The difference between Six Sigma Black Belt and Master Black Belt Six Sigma 2
V Quality/Manufacturing/Six Sigma Jobs - Tri State (NJ,NY,CT) Career and Occupation Discussions 1
P Integration of Lean and Six Sigma Six Sigma 3
C Who should develop a LSS (Lean Six Sigma) project charter? Six Sigma 2
R How to implement Six Sigma within an IT-driven organisation? Six Sigma 14
K What is the role of the Six Sigma Black Belt? Six Sigma 9
G IQF Six Sigma DMAIC Certification vs. ASQ Certification Six Sigma 4
D Determining Sample Size for Capability in Six Sigma Project Six Sigma 5
C Using CSSGB/CSSBB as a Title - Six Sigma Question Six Sigma 3