Six Sigma Green Belt Certification help

alonFAI

Involved In Discussions
hello all
I work as a quality manager but i have no 6 sigma experiance at all.
I want to get the green belt certification.
I can't get the ASQ certitication because i don't meet their requirments (6 years of hands on 6 sigma experiance)
I looked all over the internet for different certification providers and since there is no standard i am a bit confused.

what do you think about the MORESTEAM course+certification? is it worth somthing? is it recognized worldwide? i see they are partner with ASQ
do you know somthing better maybe a place i can get only the certification without have to pay for a course? maybe internationl quality association?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! :):bigwave::applause:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

hogheavenfarm

Quite Involved in Discussions
I do not recall the Green Belt requiring completed projects or a large amount of experience, unless they changed things.
The Black belt did require these things, which is why I could not go on to get it at the time.
Yes, just checked again, you need 3 years experience in "one or more areas of the GB BOK", which isnt hard unless you have not been in the quality field for 3 years.
The BOK covers alot of ground, so I am sure you would have experience with at least one area, like SPC, or something similar.

Surehawk

Starting to get Involved
I am from your post guessing you do not have any green or blackbelts in your organisation. So the next question is, why do you want to become a greenbelt? So your company can say it's a sixsigma-organisation, or cause you beleive it is a good method to improve? If it is the former, then ye, you need a internationally approved six sigma education, if the second.. Well there are a lot of six sigma educations, take one, do a project or 2 and then see if you feel you need further education.

JAltmann

Quite Involved in Discussions
The CSSGB exam from the ASQ only requires you to have 3 years experience, not 6 as you mentioned. Not sure if that change helps your situation.

S

saurabhc

As there is no governing body for Six Sigma certifications, you can do some research on best training providers in your location. I took my course+certification from Simplilearn because the course content is aligned with the ASQ Body of Knowledge and there is no such eligibility criteria to take this certification.

The training helped me to understand the various six sigma concepts and their application in work place.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB) from a college - Options? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
H Chosing a Six Sigma Green Belt Project - Software Industry Six Sigma 9
S Need help with Project Charter for my Six Sigma Green Belt Project Six Sigma 1
T Appropriate Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Project Proposal? Six Sigma 10
O Information on the extent of Statistics in the Six Sigma Green Belt Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
J Is Six Sigma always Green? The Impact of Six Sigma Six Sigma 8
P Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt Qualifications Six Sigma 5
R Reputable Six-Sigma Green Belt off-site training program companies Six Sigma 3
J Usefulness of a Six Sigma Green Belt certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
B Six Sigma green belt and black belt online certification question Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
Q Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Training-Taiwan Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
P Six Sigma Green Belt Qualification - A Project and Where to Start? Six Sigma 12
K Pursue ASQ's SSGB (Six Sigma Green Belt)? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
Ajit Basrur How to Start Six Sigma GB (Green Belt) / BB (Black belt) Internal Training? Six Sigma 3
R Six Sigma Green Belt Training varies from 3 days to 3 weeks? Why such a disparity? Six Sigma 33
A Six Sigma Green Belt - Sample/reference exam for the CSSGB Certification exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
Govind Certified Six Sigma Green Belt - A New ASQ Certification is Coming! Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
A CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) vs. Six Sigma Black or Green Belt and Statistics Professional Certifications and Degrees 14
michellemmm What is the Cost of six sigma certification? Six Sigma 5
K Looking for a good Six Sigma book Six Sigma 7
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
eule del ayre Lean Six Sigma for Quality Management System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 10
Marc ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 - Phoenix, AZ ASQ - American Society for Quality 0
Bev D ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Levels of Lean Six Sigma Certification Six Sigma 3
J Excellent Resource on Statistics / Lean / Six Sigma Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
M How Organizations maintain Six Sigma and TQM in their Operations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Can Six sigma support ISO9001? If yes, in what ways? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
L Toyota doesn’t use Six Sigma Six Sigma 1
N Implementation of Six Sigma in Service industry Service Industry Specific Topics 17
Bev D ASQ 2015 Lean Six Sigma Conference: Bev D's Presentation Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
K Looking for Six Sigma Black Belt projects in Customer Service Six Sigma 7
M Total Productive Maintenance vs. Lean, Six sigma, Business Process Reengineering, etc Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
S Quality / 9001/ Six Sigma Audio CD Recommendations? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Q Advice for the Implementation of a Lean/Six Sigma Program Six Sigma 9
A Application / Use of Hypothesis Testing in any Six Sigma Black Belt Project Six Sigma 8
T Tools Six Sigma for my Automated Machine Six Sigma 8
V Pareto Analysis - Six Sigma - 'Productivity Improvement' project Service Industry Specific Topics 1
N Lean Six Sigma Deployment Six Sigma 2
G How much to pay a Freelance Six Sigma Trainer in India Six Sigma 1
M Six Sigma in the Software Industry Six Sigma 6
G Looking for live project in company for Six Sigma Black belt Project Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
B How to identify Six Sigma Yellow Belt Project Six Sigma 4
K ASQ Six Sigma Handbook - Should I purchase the Black Belt handbook now? Six Sigma 5
S Suggestions for Six Sigma Online Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
S Example of a DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) Project or a Case Study Six Sigma 4
S Lean Hospital - Implementing a quality/lean/six sigma program Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
K Choosing a Six Sigma training organization Six Sigma 4
C DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) project or SSBB project? Six Sigma 8
H Case Studies of Six Sigma in Service Processes Six Sigma 1