Six Sigma vs. QS-9000

M

Mauro Jimenez

Can some one help! I want to know if six sigma and qs9000 have something in similar.

thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Six Sigma is basically a set of 'tools'.

QS-9000 is an automotive 'standard' (customer requirements for Ford, GM and Chrysler).

Nope.

K

KenK - 2009

But of course the tool (Six Sigma) directly compliments the ultimate objective of the standard (QS-9000), which includes meeting the customers specifications and continuous improvement.

Not to mention most, if not all, of the QS-9000 subscribers (Ford, DC, . . . ) have active Six Sigma/BB programs themselves, even if they don't call it Six Sigma.

:bigwave:

Atul Khandekar

Quite Involved in Discussions
But of course the tool (Six Sigma) directly compliments the ultimate objective of the standard (QS-9000), which includes meeting the customers specifications and continuous improvement.
Yes. It's a project based approach aimed basically at reduction in variation, making the processes more robust and of course, save hugh amounts of $$$ (or whichever currency you have)

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Atul Khandekar said:

Yes. It's a project based approach aimed basically at reduction in variation, making the processes more robust and of course, save hugh amounts of $$$ (or whichever currency you have)
True. Yup. But both ISO and the six sigma tools are no more than a part of a larger set of good business practices. In addition, there is the element of what industry you're in - especially processes and their complexity (not to mention company size). Do an internet search on Google or DogPile for Best Manufacturing Practices for some interesting results.

My point is there is no one silver bullet. It is the totality of the company and its practices which lead to success or failure.

R

Randy Stewart

6-Sigma

Have you noticed that since Jack "the knife" Nassar left Ford you don't hear very much about sick-sigma? I would like to see a project based on the separation packages these execs get for driving a company into or close to bankruptcy (i.e. K-Mart & Ford).

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Yup - They're Typically Way Over Paid

I'd settle for their salary while there. That alone would be plenty for me. Heck - I'd settle for a few million.

A

Andrei Viorel - 2009

Complement ISO 9001:2000 & 6 Sigma

Dear Mauro,

I think to be interesting for you to take a look bellow.

"How To Complement ISO 9001:2000 With Six Sigma", February 11, 2002 http://www.iSixSigma.com/library/content/c020211a.asp

Content:
How to meet the new ISO requirements and drive significant business performance improvement with a complementary Six Sigma program. Also learn how ISO can help your Six Sigma program.

Vio

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T ISO 9000 / Lean Six Sigma Survey - University Study - Seeking Respondents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M ISO 9000/Lean Six Sigma Conference - Orlando March 2010 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
michellemmm What is the Cost of six sigma certification? Six Sigma 5
K Looking for a good Six Sigma book Six Sigma 7
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
eule del ayre Lean Six Sigma for Quality Management System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 10
Marc ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 - Phoenix, AZ ASQ - American Society for Quality 0
Bev D ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Levels of Lean Six Sigma Certification Six Sigma 3
J Excellent Resource on Statistics / Lean / Six Sigma Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
M How Organizations maintain Six Sigma and TQM in their Operations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Can Six sigma support ISO9001? If yes, in what ways? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
L Toyota doesn’t use Six Sigma Six Sigma 1
N Implementation of Six Sigma in Service industry Service Industry Specific Topics 17
J Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB) from a college - Options? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
Bev D ASQ 2015 Lean Six Sigma Conference: Bev D's Presentation Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
K Looking for Six Sigma Black Belt projects in Customer Service Six Sigma 7
M Total Productive Maintenance vs. Lean, Six sigma, Business Process Reengineering, etc Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
S Quality / 9001/ Six Sigma Audio CD Recommendations? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Q Advice for the Implementation of a Lean/Six Sigma Program Six Sigma 9
A Application / Use of Hypothesis Testing in any Six Sigma Black Belt Project Six Sigma 8
T Tools Six Sigma for my Automated Machine Six Sigma 8
V Pareto Analysis - Six Sigma - 'Productivity Improvement' project Service Industry Specific Topics 1
N Lean Six Sigma Deployment Six Sigma 2
G How much to pay a Freelance Six Sigma Trainer in India Six Sigma 1
M Six Sigma in the Software Industry Six Sigma 6
G Looking for live project in company for Six Sigma Black belt Project Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
B How to identify Six Sigma Yellow Belt Project Six Sigma 4
K ASQ Six Sigma Handbook - Should I purchase the Black Belt handbook now? Six Sigma 5
alonFAI Six Sigma Green Belt Certification help Career and Occupation Discussions 5
H Chosing a Six Sigma Green Belt Project - Software Industry Six Sigma 9
S Suggestions for Six Sigma Online Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
S Example of a DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) Project or a Case Study Six Sigma 4
S Lean Hospital - Implementing a quality/lean/six sigma program Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
K Choosing a Six Sigma training organization Six Sigma 4
C DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) project or SSBB project? Six Sigma 8
H Case Studies of Six Sigma in Service Processes Six Sigma 1
S Need help with Project Charter for my Six Sigma Green Belt Project Six Sigma 1
G Six Sigma Case Studies - Does anyone have a good source for LSS case studies? Six Sigma 8
P The difference between Six Sigma Black Belt and Master Black Belt Six Sigma 2
V Quality/Manufacturing/Six Sigma Jobs - Tri State (NJ,NY,CT) Career and Occupation Discussions 1
P Integration of Lean and Six Sigma Six Sigma 3
C Who should develop a LSS (Lean Six Sigma) project charter? Six Sigma 2
R How to implement Six Sigma within an IT-driven organisation? Six Sigma 14
K What is the role of the Six Sigma Black Belt? Six Sigma 9
G IQF Six Sigma DMAIC Certification vs. ASQ Certification Six Sigma 4
D Determining Sample Size for Capability in Six Sigma Project Six Sigma 5
C Using CSSGB/CSSBB as a Title - Six Sigma Question Six Sigma 3
T Kaizen vs. Six Sigma Certification Six Sigma 6
V Presentation and Question about ASQ's Six Sigma Certification Six Sigma 5