Can YOU help? --> Unanswered questions <-- (Other than Marcelo's Informational posts)

Skip Lot for product or for Supplier ?

P

PaulSanda

Maybe looks like a stupid :bonk: question but the company that I work for (and is a reputable one) apply Skip Lot procedure based on product not on supplier. In other words, the same supplier can be qualified for Skip Lot procedure for some products but for others not. The "answer" was that some suppliers ship to us hundreds of products and will be very hard to start to do some sampling when a nonconformity come from a supplier.

To make the story short, can be Skip Lot procedure applied for products not for company?

Thanks,
Paul

Ted Schmitt

Quite Involved in Discussions
Welcome to the Cove Paul !

Skip lot should only be applied when you have a supplier that consistently supplies you with a good product (statistically proven). It should not be applied to ease incoming inspection...

To make the story short, can be Skip Lot procedure applied for products not for company?
In my opinion, yes it can. A supplier can be "good" at making one product or service and "not so good" at making another product or service...

F

Fencick

If a supplier has products that are manufactured on completely different processes, they could be qualified seperately.

If a supplier has products that are manufactured on the same process, then we can expect the similar performance across the process.

In either case, if the process has issues, no sampling plan (from skip lot to 100%) will ever guarantee defect free material.

Just the morning tidbit from Fen, take it for what it's worth.

P

PaulSanda

I understand your point, but how about their process? If is something wrong with their process, that can be dangerous for all products not only for one.
Will you buy a Lolli pop from a company that you know that their chocolates are in recoll procedure?

Ted Schmitt

Quite Involved in Discussions
I understand your point, but how about their process? If is something wrong with their process, that can be dangerous for all products not only for one.
Will you buy a Lolli pop from a company that you know that their chocolates are in recoll procedure?
If you have "suspicions" like that about your supplier, consider changing him.

You should apply the right amount of incoming inspection/control on your suppliers as you feel is needed. If his product/serivce is critical to your product, then the qualification procedure and incoming inspection (or other means of control) should be greater.

Top Bottom