Small Business Qualification Certification Submission - FDA Form 3602

I

InerQuaSurg

I'm currently in the process of submitting FDA Form 3602 but, I haven't been able to locate any guidance from FDA on what to submit, if anything, for a start-up company with no prior year income tax return. Can anyone help with a little guidance? Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
It's a long time since I completed one of these so I can't say for sure. But I do know that once you have sent the form, it takes a very long time to get a response. Therefore my my advice is to give them a call on 001-800-638-2041 or 001-301-796-7100 and make sure you get things absolutely correct before you send it to them.

You're welcome, but from memory, I don't believe the FDA did anything to hold it up. I think it was something to do with the tax office.

I

InerQuaSurg

You're welcome, but from memory, I don't believe the FDA did anything to hold it up. I think it was something to do with the tax office.
According to the guidance on their website, they have a 60 day review period and must give you a response within that time frame but, that's assuming you've submitted all the correct docs. I've got multiple emails in to different departments there however, the Division of Industry and Consumer Education (DICE) doesn't take phone calls and has the "prompt" response time of 2-3 days via email. Hopefully they'll get back to me with some helpful information.

Bonebuilder

Starting to get Involved
I'm currently in the process of submitting FDA Form 3602 but, I haven't been able to locate any guidance from FDA on what to submit, if anything, for a start-up company with no prior year income tax return. Can anyone help with a little guidance? Thanks!
Hi

I don't know if its the same for you guy's domestically but as an overseas Small Business we faced the problem with a start up project that because we we're effectively not trading and therefore hadn't submitted any accounts to the UK tax office they couldn't provide us a certificate confirming that we were a qualifying small business....! Bit of a catch 22 really.

As to guidance take a look at this link on the FDA site;

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Medica...onandGuidance/Overview/MDUFAIII/UCM314389.pdf

Good luck, I'll watch with interest

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P FDA has just released the forms for "Small Business Qualification and Certification" Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
I About Small Business Qualification and Certification US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
E A question about small business qualification applying 510(k) for new product US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
W About FY 2010 MDUFMA foreign small business qualification certification US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M ISO 9001:2015 8.2.1 Contingency Plan required for small Business? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Nicole Desouza ISO / AS Certification - Small business with less than 100 employees ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Small Business ERP System - Recommendations wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Document Change Control for a Very Small Business Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
B Starting a small boutique and looking for business ideas Career and Occupation Discussions 8
X Recommendation for Small Business CAPA Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
R Small Business Manufacturer Sub-Contractor ITAR Control Program AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
D FDA Small Business Designation and Affiliates - Recognition of Small Business Status US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
B Understanding and Implementing ISO 9001 in a Small Manufacturing Business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A AS9100 Certification for Small (2 man) Business AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 20
Marc Watch Small Business for Employment Forecasts World News 0
Le Chiffre Obtaining a "Small Business Waiver" for FDA from Canada Revenue Agency US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
J The ISO/TC176 ISO 9001 Handbook for Small Business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
T Level of Documentation and Records required for ISO 9001 in a Small Business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
P ISO 9001 for a REALLY small business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 31
S Integrated ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 system for a very small business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Quality Manual and Procedures Manual for Small Service Business Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
K Excluding Design & Development - Small business - Consultancy Services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Organization Structure - Small Company, alotta business ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
T Titles for Quality Functions - Very small business quality department query ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
P Small Business Spreadsheet Factory - a good site for excel, word ... Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 4
Marc Small Business Set Asides - FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) Subpart 19.5 Consultants and Consulting 2
B Which quality system to register to? Small business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Marc Starting a Small Business Career and Occupation Discussions 24
W Why is a Document Control Procedure necessary? Small 2 Person Business Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
K Transition from ISO9001-2000 to TS16494 - Small Business Seeking Advice and Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
M AS9100 and the VERY small business AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
W ISO 9002 in small business that provides telecommunications service Service Industry Specific Topics 8
Marc Why implement ISO 9001 In A Small Business? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Proud Liberal Small radius with tight tolerance on a torus General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
shimonv Worthwhileness for a small startups to apply for EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) for COVID-19 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 15
T ISO 9001:2015 - Small Shop ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
T ISO 13485 - 5.5.1 Responsibility and authority - Small Company Independence ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
J SPC - Stamping parts - Small batch size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
T EQMS for small medical device company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
E Sharepoint for ISO 13485 QMS for small IVD company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
A Gauge Study for Small Lots Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
F AS9100D Process Matrix for a small cnc machine shop AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
E In need of a new TGA sponsor - Small software company Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
J ISO 9001:2015 Small Operation Management Review General Auditing Discussions 6
R Inventory management for a small startup device company Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
R ISO 13485 and QMS related concepts Training - Small medical device startup company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
E Question on GD&T added to print - Positional callout for the small holes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
C Is CE Mark needed for a small DAC audio board on top of a Rasberry PI? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1