SMP - Skills Management Process - Does anyone else have experience with SMP?

D

db

Smp

Years ago, I was involved with a thing called SMP (Skills Management Process). It was a "fact-based" method of determing training needs, and developing Individual Training Plans (ITP) for employees. Just for fun (because this is a new forum), does anyone else have experience with SMP, and if so, what did you think?

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
I had some material on it........had to play around with it to get it to fit my needs, but it was a good beginning. I liked it.

I actually took the basic principals, made some changes, did some new forms and used it in a ASQ conference presentation on "effective training programs" I added presentation delivery stuff and effectivity measures as well.

What did you think? How did you use it?

R

ralphsulser

Skill Map

db said:
Years ago, I was involved with a thing called SMP (Skills Management Process). It was a "fact-based" method of determing training needs, and developing Individual Training Plans (ITP) for employees. Just for fun (because this is a new forum), does anyone else have experience with SMP, and if so, what did you think?

We use something here called a "Skill Map" or also refered to as a training matrix. This is done for each operating department.
I'll attach one for your review.

Attachments

• Met.lab.skill.map.xls
    35.5 KB · Views: 486
Ralph,

We used something very similar where I used to work before I came to my present employer. As I recall it worked very well.

/Claes

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
the SMP stuff is the process you use to get to your matrix. Some are cut and dry, some need more thought to develop.

Top Bottom