SBS - The best value in QMS software

Software and Methods for Tracking CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) items

JJ_FDA

Involved In Discussions
What software do you use to manage internal inspection findings and responses to findings?

I would like to be able to track findings, response to findings including commitments to CAPAs made by operations (e.g., will write and implement SOP x by date y), to trend finding types (e.g., are the number of findings for poor documentation increasing?), and to cross-reference findings / CAPAs.

Currently, I am writing up a report, collecting response to findings made by operations in the report, then transcribing things into a spreadsheet, manually cross-referencing things, and eyeballing trends by using filters and sorts.

It's really not efficient. Moreover, it strikes me that this kind of information belongs in a database rather than a spreadsheet.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
The purchased software my company uses for RCCA tracking is bloody awful. But I have seen some homemade Access databases work really well because the user customized it to their needs.

My advice is try out any commercial product very carefully before committing lots of cash to it. And consider creating your own.

JJ_FDA

Involved In Discussions
Thanks Mike! Advice on what software to avoid is just as valuable as what software to consider.

I'm thinking of having a database done in house as well, but would prefer a COTS as it may be faster to implement.

K

Kevin_Emmrich

There seems to be a lot of corrective action software out there if you google "Corrective Action Software". Hmmm, we don't show up until page 2 -- and we just replaced our server and it looks like some older pages are out there! Thanks for making me check. I am with jk technologies jkt9000.com

Kevin

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Software development plan : development methods IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
R Comparison of Waterfall vs Life Cycle in Software Development Methods Software Quality Assurance 5
Y Software updates considered servicing (7.5.4) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S How to perform verification of the Statistical Analysis Software? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
I Document Control Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
E Software maintenance Process Software maintenance Process to IEC 6204? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
L Micro-Vu InSpec Software Program Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
A For software change - New Channel of interoperability CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
T IVDR Medical device software CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
N ISO 13485 7.3.9 Change control in medical device software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C SharePoint Contract Management Software General Information Resources 0
gramps What do you think about automated QA testing For software app industry? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
V Software as medical device (SaMD) replicated for multiple clients through APIs IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
U API Spec Q1 - 5.6.1.2 C (3) - Design software Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
B Complaint Records - Accessing records on Easy Track Software Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
GreatNate Master Control QMS software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 0
GreatNate Anyone using the Intellect QMS software? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
S DHF/DMR/MDF for a software-only, cloud-based, single-instance device Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
H Software Validation for FFS Packaging Machine Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
E Any sample of a full software life cycle IEC 62304 report ( any class )? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
Q ISO 13485 7.5.6 Validation - Off the shelf Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M ERP / QMS related software standards for Validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
J Do Software Subcontractors need to be ISO13485 compliant in the EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
D Safety data sheets software REACH and RoHS Conversations 2
N What are the software audit and control steps Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
N Validating Software before getting approved as Class 2 device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
M Clinical Decision Support Software Question 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
P Missing 1m visual alarm signal in case of software/display failure, mitigation? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
B Software service provider as critical supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S Asterisk in DOE minitab software Using Minitab Software 23
M Surgical angle measurement guide device with an application software Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
M Advice needed for SEH Compliance Software and ISNETWord Compatabiliy Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
bruceian Software Quality Metrics Software Quality Assurance 11
optomist1 How Secure Are Our Software Systems Software Quality Assurance 7
M 'Active' device? Software/laptop with attached camera 'looking' at passive metal probe EU Medical Device Regulations 3
D Software validation team Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
O Any info on release date of FDA “Computer Software Assurance for Manufacturing and Quality System Software” document? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
L Radiology software Class I exemption Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
O Software for comparing text of PDF files Contract Review Process 2
J Implementing an ISO 13485 QMS Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
K Software Updates in the Field and ISO scope ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Recurrent event analysis software (python) General Auditing Discussions 2
Y UL 1998 Standard: software classes Software Quality Assurance 0
P Need a programmer for QVI's VMS software for optical inspection machine Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
S IEC 62304 software costs and time Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
S IEC 62304 - Software verification cost IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
Sravan Manchikanti Software Risk Management & probability of occurrence as per IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
I Form templates for software (iso9001) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
H Software Interface Translation IVD Regulation EU Medical Device Regulations 0
C 8.5.1.1 Control of Equipment, Tools, and Software Programs - Questions about the extent of control of NC programs AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5