Software Application for Management of Change (API 5.11)

Scott.Hilton

Starting to get Involved
We have had some re-org going on at my facility and the oversight of the MOC process has tentatively fallen to me. Currently we have a 4 page form that is a manual process of review. I despise paper processes.

I'm curious if anyone has had interactions with any software based MOC that they could recommend to me to take a look at?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
A little harsh on the paper processes, but ok. :)

Maybe some clarification. Are you asking about a generic, on-line tool to document the change process from initiation to closure or are you talking about a system that's integrated with other design / management tools?

At what I'll call the "low" end are tools like Bugzilla. Pretty much just change life cycle with email support. At the "high" end would be the enterprise-level systems that has hooks into just about anything you want to do.

So maybe if you clarify your 'requirements' a bit, we might be able to suggest specific applications.

Scott.Hilton

Starting to get Involved
A little harsh on the paper processes, but ok. :)

Maybe some clarification. Are you asking about a generic, on-line tool to document the change process from initiation to closure or are you talking about a system that's integrated with other design / management tools?

At what I'll call the "low" end are tools like Bugzilla. Pretty much just change life cycle with email support. At the "high" end would be the enterprise-level systems that has hooks into just about anything you want to do.

So maybe if you clarify your 'requirements' a bit, we might be able to suggest specific applications.
Harsh? Nah. I work in a facility with approx. 500 people and numerous department heads. At that level, paper flow processes need to be limited imo.

I'm looking for something that allows customization of forms/information and emails tasks/steps out based on variations of needs. I found a site on line that looks like just what I need by Frontline data solutions, but am going to check out Bugzilla and what Sagai presented as well.

Appreciate the responses!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Application of Electronic Records & Signatures in Calibration Management Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
S Internal Audit Checklist for Application/Software development IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
Y Application of IEC/EN 62304 at an advanced stage of software development IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
Q The ability of computer software to satisfy the intended application ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
N Application of ISO 14971 to Medical Standalone Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
I Confirmation of Computer Software to satisfy Intended Application Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
N 7.5.2.1 Validation of the Application of the Computer Software - PLEASE CLARIFY ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
B Work Instruction Application (Software for Document Control) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
R ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.5 Preservation of Product - Application to Software Products ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
somashekar Software Validation vs. Validation of the Application of Computer Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
G Importing Medical Device Software to India - Diagnostic Imaging Application Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 8
C ISO 90003 - Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001 to computer software Software Quality Assurance 13
Q ISO 9001 Clause 7.6 - Computer software to satisfy the intended application Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 8
S How to confirm the ability of computer software to satisfy the intended application? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Jim Wynne Freebies! All sorts of freeware and open source statistics application software After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
R Complaint tracking software application - Seeking recommendations / reviews Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 22
C IS0 13485:2003 - Validation of the Application of Computer Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 57
M Seeking: Timesheet application for software company Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
Marc ISO/IEC 90003:2004 Software Engineering - Guidelines - Application of ISO 9001:2000 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
S Rationalising the level of effort and depth of software validation based on risk ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
T Do I need a qualified compiler for class B software? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
S Manufacturing Execution Systems Software Costs Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R Medical Device Software Certification IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
S HIPAA-compliant monitoring software (advice needed) Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 0
A Software bug fixes after shipping a product EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J Medical software Patient outcome Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
Y We are Looking for EASA LOA TYPE 1 experienced software developer Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
F Grand Avenue Software, Q-Pulse or Qualio - which for a full eQMS? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
K SOUP (Software of Unknown Provenance) Anomaly Documentation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
Q Storing and developing SAMD (Software as a Medical Device) in the Cloud IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
I Old Time Scatter diagrams for defect type and location- software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
C Is my software an accessory? Telecommunication between HCP and patients EU Medical Device Regulations 10
K Verify Software Architecture - supporting interfaces between items IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 4
A Risk Number for each software requirement IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 7
R Shall a new UDI-DI be required when stand-alone software device's version is updated? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R MSA for ATE (Automatic Test Equipment Embedded Software) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
S MDR GSPR Clause 17 - Software Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Turkish Requirements - Does the Software need to be translated? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
MDD_QNA Medical Device Software - Is a Help Button required? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
F Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) Technical File Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D Software User Interface Languages for LVD and IVD CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Software as Medical Device (SaMD) definition and its applicability Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
K Software Validation for Measurement Tools used in Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B ISO 14971 Applied to Software ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
N ERP Software Implementation Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C NCR (Nonconformance System) Software Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
U Document Approval - Software company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3