Software Application for Management of Change (API 5.11)

Scott.Hilton

Starting to get Involved
We have had some re-org going on at my facility and the oversight of the MOC process has tentatively fallen to me. Currently we have a 4 page form that is a manual process of review. I despise paper processes.

I'm curious if anyone has had interactions with any software based MOC that they could recommend to me to take a look at?

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
A little harsh on the paper processes, but ok. :)

Maybe some clarification. Are you asking about a generic, on-line tool to document the change process from initiation to closure or are you talking about a system that's integrated with other design / management tools?

At what I'll call the "low" end are tools like Bugzilla. Pretty much just change life cycle with email support. At the "high" end would be the enterprise-level systems that has hooks into just about anything you want to do.

So maybe if you clarify your 'requirements' a bit, we might be able to suggest specific applications.

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
some key expectation is handy to have prior to jump into the jungle of software :)

a little more sophisticated tool is https://www.redmine.org/ , it is free tool too.

however it also should be customized, maintained, etc ...

Cheers!

Scott.Hilton

Starting to get Involved
A little harsh on the paper processes, but ok. :)

Maybe some clarification. Are you asking about a generic, on-line tool to document the change process from initiation to closure or are you talking about a system that's integrated with other design / management tools?

At what I'll call the "low" end are tools like Bugzilla. Pretty much just change life cycle with email support. At the "high" end would be the enterprise-level systems that has hooks into just about anything you want to do.

So maybe if you clarify your 'requirements' a bit, we might be able to suggest specific applications.
Harsh? Nah. I work in a facility with approx. 500 people and numerous department heads. At that level, paper flow processes need to be limited imo.

I'm looking for something that allows customization of forms/information and emails tasks/steps out based on variations of needs. I found a site on line that looks like just what I need by Frontline data solutions, but am going to check out Bugzilla and what Sagai presented as well.

Appreciate the responses!

Top Bottom