Software Company wants CMMI

S

singusingu

Hi!

I work in a software company and my company wants to be a CMM company. So how to become a CMM level (1,2...5) company?
What are the basic pre-requisite a company should possess? (like ISO..etc)
To whom we should approach?
Cost & time involved?

I know it is too hard to explain the above most basic questions. But i require your help. Please give me your inputs.

Thank You!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Admin
There are a number of discussion here on CMMI (formerly CMM). As far as I am aware there is no specific pre-requisite.

Time and cost depends upon company size, existing systems, etc. so it's hard to give an estimate without some background information.

Have you visited the CMMI website?

If you do not have someone in your company who is "CMMI Literate" you are probably looking at some serious $$$ in consulting fees.

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi singusingu!

CMMI certification can be gained with an "appraisal" process, in normal conditions it is a SCAMP appraisal.
I would suggest to find the nearest partner of SEI and contact them for further details.
Locator:
http://www.sei.cmu.edu/partners/directory/organization/

The maturity level level driven appraisal is the most common, and you should define prior the appraisal your target.
In order to understand the type of representation and target level profiles, I would suggest, to read Part One from the recent revision of CMMI for Development:
http://www.sei.cmu.edu/library/abstracts/reports/10tr033.cfm

CMMI is challenging and I would only consider the formal appraisal process if it inevitable origins from customer request, any other situation I would only build inhouse expertise and use the principles in process improvement of CMMI inhouse.

If your company not ISO certified yet I would not look first for a CMMI certification, however it is depend of course on several factors.

The cost is very much depends on the level you target and the relevant knowledge you have in the company, and of course the management commitment as well as your company awareness.

Br
Sz.

P

PE-2011

CMMI Certificate

I heard, nowadays CMMI Certificate is not issuing to the organizations which organization is going to take CMMI Level 1, 2, 3 & 4. Organization eligible to get CMMI Certificate if they for for CMMI Level 5. Other can get only a confirmation letter.

Is it correct.

Can anyone help me:thanks:

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: CMMI Certificate

I am not sure, but sounds like a gossip.
Level 5 is only a top of the iceberg, I would very much surprised.
Nevertheless, we have for one division on ongoing one.
Regards
Szabolcs

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Acquiring software from 3rd party company IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
U Document Approval - Software company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
E In need of a new TGA sponsor - Small software company Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
M Software Development Company - Who would own the whole process and the certification afterwards? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
J Choosing QMS Software for Aerospace Company Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
R In a software development company: Is every bug reported by the customer a complaint? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
O ISO 13485 for software company - Selecting suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
P QMS software recommendations for a small ISO 13485 company Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
T ISO 13485 for software outsourcing company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Q QMS Software for Startup Medical Device Company Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 7
D Looking for Calibration Software for small company General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 20
Q Approving Software Suppliers in an AS9100 Company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D QMS Software Recommendations for a Small Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
T Purchasing SPC Software for Automotive Company Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
J ISO13485 Clause exclusions for a Medical Software Company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
P Why does a SQA (Software Quality Assurance) standard be implemented in our company Software Quality Assurance 4
B ISO 9001 for a small Micro Software Company Software Quality Assurance 18
K ITIL or ITSM is applicable for Software product company Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
M Cheap/Free CAPA Software for small Pharmaceutical company Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 8
R Defining Interaction of Processes in a Software Company Software Quality Assurance 3
D FDA Compliant QMS Software Recommendation for Small Company Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
D FDA Establishment Registration for Software Company US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 8
sagai ISO 9001 Clause 7.5 - Applicable Activities for a Software Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S SW (Software) - Customer vs. Company Installation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
D Medical Devices Company QMS Software - Recommendation for an off the shelf software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
J What SPC (Statistical Process Control) software is your company using? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
E 'OnTime' for Management in small Medical Software company? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
M CAPA Process for a small Software company - Ideas and recommendations wanted Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
J SPC software Evaluation and Recommendations - Small Company Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 9
T Procedure for "Controlling Nonconformity" for a software company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M 3 types of Outsourcing - Software Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A Design Review OR Design Change - Software development company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
D Language Translation Requirements - Medical software company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
G MRM (Management Review) Inputs Sheet Format for a Software Development Company Management Review Meetings and related Processes 1
M ISO 9001 and AS 9100 Registrations - AS9100 applicability to a software company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
V What qualification is needed for working as QMS Engineer in a software company? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
S ISO certification guidelines for Software Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
N Audit questions for software/hardware selling company Software Quality Assurance 17
N Internal Auditing - IT software hardware selling company Internal Auditing 5
W Software development company for Medical Device Diagnostic Equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
A Internal Audits in a Software Company General Auditing Discussions 5
S Software Company Quality Manual For ISO 9001:2000 needed Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
C Where can a small company find a automated ISO software package thats cheap Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 13
M Please suggest Registrar in Emeryville, CA - Software development company Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
S AS9100/AS9006 process documentation - Aerospace software consulting company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D AS9100 site specific certification question - Software company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
K Software that will enable our company to make Quality Inspection Sheets Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 16
M Software requirement specification study vs. Predeployment study in software company Software Quality Assurance 2
M Seeking: Timesheet application for software company Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
M Control of nonconforming product - Software Company - ISO 9001, Clause 8.3 Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9