Software for Data Collection, Generation of Worksheets and Form 1's

W

whompem

Hi
Is there any software out there that helps save time in the collection of data and the generation of worksheets and Form 1's?

thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
W

whompem

I am looking for software to use in a couple of component repair shops

It should:

• collect a/c and job information
  • produce filled in form ones
  • produce in house component work sheets
  • Maintain service history for the components and a/c presented.
  • It needs to be affordable by a small repair shop
  • Help produce the paper work cutting down the labor effort needed to produce the paper work whilst at no time interfering with the integrity of the form one - ie no digital signatures, and tradesmen must make the entries for the form one - but automate field positioning, spelling, and standard compliance statements, ie reduce/eliminate the need to do basic word processing.
  • Keep search-able digital records for the jobs passing through the shop.
  • Provide the ability to email owners of a certain part of aircraft, in response to an AD effecting particular a/c by model etc.

If you don't know of any but you think this sounds like a great piece of software to have - by all means reply here or send me a message.

thanks

whompem

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
Hi Whompen,

You may want to look into using a Wikipedia reference-linkwiki. A wiki is software that allows you and your team to create interlinked web pages very easily. Each such wiki page can contain a work instruction or job records, and can link to all related pages. Wiki pages are searchable.

We are using the Projectforum wiki engine and are very happy with it. We use it for our QMS, for project management, record keeping, and proposals management.

A good, basic intro to wikis is Alan Porter's Wiki: Grow Your Own for Fun and Profit.

Hope this helps!
Pancho

Last edited:
W

whompem

Pancho
thanks for your reply. Indeed I am already using a wiki at one site and installing a wiki into the other next week. We use mediawiki - I will check out project forum and see if it's a better fit.

I am looking at taking the automation to the next level. I am a software developer and I am wondering if there is a market for such a product.

Are there any short comings in your project wiki solution? How does the idea of a software product specifically targeting this area at an affordable price sound to you?

thanks
whompem

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
Oh, so you probably have a good feel for the advantages and disadvantages of wikis versus dedicated software.

Compared to Mediawiki, one thing I like about ProjectForum is it's ability to define sub-wikis. These subwikis have their own namespaces, so that you can have a page titled, say, "to-do" for each project with no ambiguity.

As far as shortcomings for wikis, two come to mind: (1) handling structured data, and (2) formatting for publishing. With some effort, we have written a few Rails web apps that run from within the wiki and solve both problems where they were critical (FMEA and nicely formatted proposal PDFs). We also complement the wiki with an Open source CAPA db (bugzilla).

I don't know whether there is a market for software like what you describe, but a packaged wiki-database combo might make a compelling product.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S OEE Software - Automating the collection of Overall Equipment Efficiency data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
M (How To) Getting Data From Vision Machine To Reporting Software Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
S Mobile app data privacy - Length of record retention in a software app Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
B Easy Software Needed for Recording Mainly Attribute Data Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
P Software validation of Data Exporter ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
QMMike Software to Record Detailed Final Audit / Inspection Data Software Quality Assurance 2
M Diversified Data Systems OpenMETRIC software Data Export Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
Q What data analysis software do you use? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
C Nadcap AMS 2750 Data Storage - I'm looking for pre-packaged software AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
kedarg6500 Protection of Data in Calibration Software & ISO 9001 Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4
D SPC Software that will satisfy auto/furniture data submissions - Opinions wanted Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
L Data Management and Web based Document Control Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
S USB Cable (an accessory to our data management software) Changes and 510k IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
S Special 510k Operating System for Data Management Software Design Documents IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
S Software (Data Management) Catch up 510k 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
S Special 510k for Data Management Software Document Requirements IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
S Data Management Software for Class II Medical Devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S Data Management Software for Class II Devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
C Specialized Software for Inspection Results Data Management Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
A Technical file for Software that's merely an interface for doctor to visualize data EU Medical Device Regulations 6
C Electronic work instructions - recommendations for electronic data control software. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Data Analysis Software Recommendations - Complaints, CAPA, NCMR, Customer Feedback Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 7
M Data Analysis Software Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
H METCAL Software (from Fluke) used only to get the Electrical Calibration Data? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
D Control charts - Seeking known data set to confirm my software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
L Data logging software for Palm powered PDA required Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
D Quality Software - Multiple Use - CMM Data, Inspection Sheets, etc Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
D Checking Data translation between software programs - Mathmatical part models Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
D Controlling software and Data - Control of Information maintained in computers Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
S Manufacturing Execution Systems Software Costs Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R Medical Device Software Certification IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
S HIPAA-compliant monitoring software (advice needed) Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 0
A Software bug fixes after shipping a product EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J Medical software Patient outcome Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
Y We are Looking for EASA LOA TYPE 1 experienced software developer Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
F Grand Avenue Software, Q-Pulse or Qualio - which for a full eQMS? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
K SOUP (Software of Unknown Provenance) Anomaly Documentation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
Q Storing and developing SAMD (Software as a Medical Device) in the Cloud IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
I Old Time Scatter diagrams for defect type and location- software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
C Is my software an accessory? Telecommunication between HCP and patients EU Medical Device Regulations 10
K Verify Software Architecture - supporting interfaces between items IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 4
A Risk Number for each software requirement IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 7
R Shall a new UDI-DI be required when stand-alone software device's version is updated? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R MSA for ATE (Automatic Test Equipment Embedded Software) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
S MDR GSPR Clause 17 - Software Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Turkish Requirements - Does the Software need to be translated? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
MDD_QNA Medical Device Software - Is a Help Button required? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1