Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

Software Product Development Quality Assurance (PDQA) Audit Checklists

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Hi,
I am looking for SW PDQA checklists. I hate checklists, but, I have to provide evidence of the audit...Can you direct me to the model (based on CMMI) or standards (AS9115) that will help me?

Thank you.

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Michelle,
I am still laughing about your note :) :) :)
I also hate checklists and every time I hear this word I feel If I could run out of that room, but yes, what we can do, sometimes they work for certain audiance.
br
Sz.

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Hi Michelle,
I am still laughing about your note :) :) :)
I also hate checklists and every time I hear this word I feel If I could run out of that room, but yes, what we can do, sometimes they work for certain audiance.
br
Sz.
I have crowned myself the the "The Checklist Queen"..:tg:

Does checklist realy show anything but check marks? I don't know:confused:

One of my suppliers send me a document and check list with all check marks. The document was full of errors and did not reflect work that needed to be done...

By the way, I am looking for a checklist for "statement coverage". I have one for code review and "C language" checklist. If you have a procedure or a checklist for statement coverage analysis (which is a part of structural analysis), please share.

Thank you for all your help!

J

JaneB

Does checklist realy show anything but check marks?
Provided that a checklist:
  • is well-designed
  • easy to use
  • has good sound content
  • is part of a well-controlled process, and said the process and/or quality system has inbuilt controls to ensure that it isn't simply a 'tick and flick' exercise
  • there's a requirement for someone to be accountable when they authorise it, or sign it off
The answer is Yes.

Otherwise, often not.

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Provided that a checklist:
  • is well-designed
  • easy to use
  • has good sound content
  • is part of a well-controlled process, and said the process and/or quality system has inbuilt controls to ensure that it isn't simply a 'tick and flick' exercise
  • there's a requirement for someone to be accountable when they authorise it, or sign it off
The answer is Yes.

Otherwise, often not.
When the same checklist is used everyday, it becomes a torture instrument.

A checklist kills creativity. It should be used as a guide or introduction and not as the evidence of effectiveness of a process. Unfortunately, aerospace industries and FAA processes are ten years behind of ISO9k:2k

sagai

I very very agree with you Michelle, it is good to see these conclusions are geography independents.
Definitely they kills creativity and put its users into a pleasant not to think just do it position.
br
Sz.

Colin

When the same checklist is used everyday, it becomes a torture instrument. <snip>
Couldn't agree more Michelle. I visited 1 company where the auditee had the answers for his internal audit ready to read off to the auditor :lmao: he was so familiar with what the questions were going to be, no matter who did the audit. :bonk:

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Couldn't agree more Michelle. I visited 1 company where the auditee had the answers for his internal audit ready to read off to the auditor :lmao: he was so familiar with what the questions were going to be, no matter who did the audit. :bonk:
I always discourage my clients to use checklist.

Currently, I am working with a large customer with a "mature" quality system made of concrete. Preparation for meeting needs a check list. They use these "records" to whip their supplier. When a document submitted for approval, they demand a QA checklist that contains checking for table of content accuracy, acronym accuracy, page numbering, signature verification, etc... This for a technical document-design description- qualification or environmental test plan!!!! The funny part is their documents are full of spelling and grammar errors and they reject supplier's document when a comma is out of place. How could anyone expect a QAE use such a checklist? Maybe they need to make a checklist for a checklist!!!

J

JaneB

When the same checklist is used everyday, it becomes a torture instrument.
I think I didn't read the thread context carefully enough, and interpreted your question as a general one about checklists (to which I responded with my previous post), whereas the topic at hand is more about using audit checklists. My apologies for any confusion I brought in.

Checklists for audit - in the sense of predetermined checklists to be used in each case are a whole different kettle of fish, and not something I support at all. As for using the same checklist 'everyday'! Lord save me from such.

Top Bottom