Software Product Development Quality Assurance (PDQA) Audit Checklists

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Hi,
I am looking for SW PDQA checklists. I hate checklists, but, I have to provide evidence of the audit...Can you direct me to the model (based on CMMI) or standards (AS9115) that will help me?

Thank you.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Michelle,
I am still laughing about your note :) :) :)
I also hate checklists and every time I hear this word I feel If I could run out of that room, but yes, what we can do, sometimes they work for certain audiance.
br
Sz.

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Hi Michelle,
I am still laughing about your note :) :) :)
I also hate checklists and every time I hear this word I feel If I could run out of that room, but yes, what we can do, sometimes they work for certain audiance.
br
Sz.
I have crowned myself the the "The Checklist Queen"..:tg:

Does checklist realy show anything but check marks? I don't know:confused:

One of my suppliers send me a document and check list with all check marks. The document was full of errors and did not reflect work that needed to be done...

By the way, I am looking for a checklist for "statement coverage". I have one for code review and "C language" checklist. If you have a procedure or a checklist for statement coverage analysis (which is a part of structural analysis), please share.

Thank you for all your help!

J

JaneB

Does checklist realy show anything but check marks?
Provided that a checklist:
  • is well-designed
  • easy to use
  • has good sound content
  • is part of a well-controlled process, and said the process and/or quality system has inbuilt controls to ensure that it isn't simply a 'tick and flick' exercise
  • there's a requirement for someone to be accountable when they authorise it, or sign it off
The answer is Yes.

Otherwise, often not.

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Provided that a checklist:
  • is well-designed
  • easy to use
  • has good sound content
  • is part of a well-controlled process, and said the process and/or quality system has inbuilt controls to ensure that it isn't simply a 'tick and flick' exercise
  • there's a requirement for someone to be accountable when they authorise it, or sign it off
The answer is Yes.

Otherwise, often not.
When the same checklist is used everyday, it becomes a torture instrument.

A checklist kills creativity. It should be used as a guide or introduction and not as the evidence of effectiveness of a process. Unfortunately, aerospace industries and FAA processes are ten years behind of ISO9k:2k

sagai

I very very agree with you Michelle, it is good to see these conclusions are geography independents.
Definitely they kills creativity and put its users into a pleasant not to think just do it position.
br
Sz.

Colin

When the same checklist is used everyday, it becomes a torture instrument. <snip>
Couldn't agree more Michelle. I visited 1 company where the auditee had the answers for his internal audit ready to read off to the auditor :lmao: he was so familiar with what the questions were going to be, no matter who did the audit. :bonk:

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Couldn't agree more Michelle. I visited 1 company where the auditee had the answers for his internal audit ready to read off to the auditor :lmao: he was so familiar with what the questions were going to be, no matter who did the audit. :bonk:
I always discourage my clients to use checklist.

Currently, I am working with a large customer with a "mature" quality system made of concrete. Preparation for meeting needs a check list. They use these "records" to whip their supplier. When a document submitted for approval, they demand a QA checklist that contains checking for table of content accuracy, acronym accuracy, page numbering, signature verification, etc... This for a technical document-design description- qualification or environmental test plan!!!! The funny part is their documents are full of spelling and grammar errors and they reject supplier's document when a comma is out of place. How could anyone expect a QAE use such a checklist? Maybe they need to make a checklist for a checklist!!!

J

JaneB

When the same checklist is used everyday, it becomes a torture instrument.
I think I didn't read the thread context carefully enough, and interpreted your question as a general one about checklists (to which I responded with my previous post), whereas the topic at hand is more about using audit checklists. My apologies for any confusion I brought in.

Checklists for audit - in the sense of predetermined checklists to be used in each case are a whole different kettle of fish, and not something I support at all. As for using the same checklist 'everyday'! Lord save me from such.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Help! Need sample procedures for Product & Software Design and Development Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
B Risk Assessment Checklist for Non product Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
C Experience with Agile PLM (Product Lifecycle Management Software) software from Oracle? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S Boeing D6-51991 Product Acceptance Software certificate and Artefact? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
R Re-validating revised Medical Device and Aerospace Product COTS software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B FDA Product Classification - Self Treatment Software Applications 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
A Beta Testing FDA Regulated Medical Device Software vs. Nonconforming product? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
J Validation of software used for product realisation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K ITIL or ITSM is applicable for Software product company Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
S What the Product actually is - Software Technologies to optimize Telco ?stuff"? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
U Product Level Software Risk Management Plan and Report ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
J Labeling Software for Medical Device Product and Packaging Labels for Production Use Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
C IEC 62304 conformity for 510k submission legacy product including software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
A When does a project end inside a software product? Life Cycle issue IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
W ISO9001 Clause 7.4.3 - Verification of Purchased Product - Software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
R ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.5 Preservation of Product - Application to Software Products ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
F Boeing D6-51991 Product Acceptance Software question AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 12
S PMA Submission Software Hazard Analysis Document vs. Product Hazard Analysis doc ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
A DoC for Software Product - How can I identify the specific units that are covered? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
H Sampling Plan for a Software Product (Applications aka "Apps") Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
V Work Product Audits in the Software Industry Software Quality Assurance 5
C Validation of Software - NIOSH product (Class II - N95 Respirators) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Research Use Only Medical Device - Standalone software product 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 12
E Medical Device Software - Control of Nonconforming Product and Rework ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Final Inspection for Software Product - Functional Test? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Document Control and Agile Product Lifecycle Management software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
G Report template for quality process audits of the software product teams Internal Auditing 1
A A Metric for Maintainability of a Software Product Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
E Drug Product Label Printing Software Validation - PQ Validation Software Quality Assurance 2
C How is risk management handled in a software-based product ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Control of nonconforming product - Software Company - ISO 9001, Clause 8.3 Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
R ISO 9126-1,2,3 What is the latest version? Software Product Evaluation Software Quality Assurance 1
E Total Quality Information Software - Benchmarking my product against other software Benchmarking 12
Marc Software Releases - When do you release a software product? Software Quality Assurance 2
R Shall a new UDI-DI be required when stand-alone software device's version is updated? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R MSA for ATE (Automatic Test Equipment Embedded Software) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S MDR GSPR Clause 17 - Software Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Turkish Requirements - Does the Software need to be translated? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
MDD_QNA Medical Device Software - Is a Help Button required? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
F Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) Technical File Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D Software User Interface Languages for LVD and IVD CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Software as Medical Device (SaMD) definition and its applicability Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
K Software Validation for Measurement Tools used in Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B ISO 14971 Applied to Software ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
N ERP Software Implementation Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C NCR (Nonconformance System) Software Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
U Document Approval - Software company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
MrTetris Should potential bugs be considered in software risk analysis? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
S SOP for ISO 13485:2016 Quality related Software validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
J Designing new gauge tracking software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4