Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Solder Technician / Inspector - How to get Certified to NASA-STD-8739.3(.7)

JamesBarnhart

Starting to get Involved
This Standard provides a baseline for NASA project offices to use when preparing or evaluating process procedures for the manufacture of space flight hardware or mission critical ground support equipment.

This Standard:
a. Prescribes NASA’s process and end-item requirements for reliable soldered electrical connections.
b. Establishes responsibilities for training personnel.
c. Establishes responsibilities for documenting process procedures including supplier innovations, special processes, and changes in technology.
d. For the purpose of this Standard, the term supplier is defined as in-house NASA, NASA contractors, and sub-tier contractors.

Paid Advertisement - Forum Supporter

JamesBarnhart

Starting to get Involved
This Standard provides a baseline for NASA project offices to use when preparing or evaluating process procedures for the manufacture of space flight hardware or mission-critical ground support equipment.

This Standard:

• Prescribes NASA’s process and end-item requirements for reliable soldered electrical connections.
  • Establishes responsibilities for training personnel.
  • Establishes responsibilities for documenting process procedures including supplier innovations, special processes, and changes in technology.
  • For the purpose of this Standard, the term supplier is defined as in-house NASA, NASA contractors, and sub-tier contractors.

JamesBarnhart

Starting to get Involved
Hi Dear, I was also looking something similar but then I got some information relevant to your query. Therefore I would like to share a link to an event or training course.This is basically for IPC J-STD-001 Space Addendum (CIT) Certification course that provides individuals with a portable credential that recognizes their soldering skills and understanding of this internationally recognized standard. Also, it meet the standards required by NASA. Maybe, this can help you in one or other way.
IPC J-STD-001 Space Addendum (CIT) Certification Training Course

Top Bottom