Sole distributor and sell plastics resins - Are we a Service Provider?

S
Wandering if anybody can help?
We are a sole distributor and sell plastics resins. Do we consider ourself in the category of service provider? And how do we categorized a company as providing services for their customer.
I am totally confused.
Need some clarification.
Thanks and in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

SCNG:

It sounds as if you are the supplier of a product, not a service.

Do you need to service plastic resins at your customer facility?

Some examples:

-I supply a machine to company xyz. As part of the contract I am required to provide yearly service to the machine, therefore I am a service provider.

-I take my car back to the dealer because the bumber fell off. They fix the car because it is inder warranty, therefore they are a service provider.

-I send the customer a batch of bad resin and they issue a complaint, I visit the customer, verify the situation, and replace the defective resin. I am not a service provider.

Some typical service responsible suppliers:

Temp. services
Tooling/Machine suppliers
Drafting/Design suppliers
Trucking services?????

Anyone out there better versed in servicing that can help?

ASD...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Evaluation of Supplier / Sole supplier Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
T Definition Sole source VS. Single Source - Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 2
M Contacting a "Must Use" (aka Sole Source) Supplier's Registrar Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
K Audit a sole supplier? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
V Can the Management Representative represent top management as the sole auditee? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
A Management Representative cum sole auditor - is it an NC? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
A Supplier Corrective actions (8D format) - Sole supplier needs help Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
H Feeling Really Frustrated - Sole quality person - Wood Products Career and Occupation Discussions 35
C Combination Products - Distributor of the device? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Y Distributor for a SaMD Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 3
Q MDD - distributor EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M MDR EU Distributor for our CE Mark product in the for Netherlands EU Medical Device Regulations 6
H Who should be listed as the manufacturer/distributor on the box? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 15
D ISO 9001 & AS9100 Certificate issued by a consultant for a Distributor Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
P Economic operator responsibilities - when the Importer is also Distributor - Article 13 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
L Global distributor vigilance responsibility Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 14
T Translation of IFUs and software by Distributor EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S When does a Distributor become a Specification Developer? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D CB Certificate - Distributor for a product with electrical components CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
B Roles of Manufacturer vs. Importer vs. Distributor CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
C MDR Importer/Distributor Definition Questions EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Kuldeep Singh Obligation for Distributor in MDD/MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
B AS9100 Multiple Distributor warehousing locations under same Company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
JoshuaFroud CE Marking and Brexit - Product shipped to a distributor prior to the March deadline EU Medical Device Regulations 2
BLoganB UDI for former manufacturer - My company is a distributor Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
D Use of non-ISO 9001 Supplier - Purchasing through a distributor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
K Selling Medical Devices in Canada - Distributor? Private Label? Canada Medical Device Regulations 10
M 13485- DHR requirement for a distributor? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
C Are zero defect sampling plans relevant to AS9120B Distributor AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D Sampling method that is representative of the devices supplied by that distributor EU Medical Device Regulations 5
supadrai Countries where you should (absolutely?) avoid appointing a distributor ... Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
A NCR, NCMR, CAPA, Deviations - Medical Device Distributor Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
M Manufacturer - Distributor (Importer) Relationships Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
P Customer Complaint Definition - Food Distributor Customer Complaints 5
P Adding an additional distributor to a current Mexico Medical Device Registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
V Inspection of Initial Importer/ Distributor Products and Materials 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
L PSW Requirements for a Distributor APQP and PPAP 1
O ISO 9001:2015 - 8.4 Control of externally provided-Distributor & drop shipments.... ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Fatima444-4 Local Medical Device distributor registration UAE Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
D Distributor of Medical Devices - Is ISO certification required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
pittmatj Sri Lanka - Agent/Distributor owns registration? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
A Implementing Risk Management in a Medical Device "Distributor Only" company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Colin Application of ISO 13485 to a Medical Device distributor ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Raw Material - List Distributor or Manufacturer US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
A Setting up a Medical Device Distributor in Malaysia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 16
M Austria Medical Device EU Distributor Registration EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S Korean Licence Holder - Importer - Distributor Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
S Resterilization of Disposable Medical Devices by a Distributor Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
Q ISO13485 Section 7.5.1.1 and 7.5.2.1 for a Distributor ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Finding a hardware supplier/distributor compliant with RoHS RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1