Soliciting Your Prayers

D

David Hartman

Dear friends,

I just spoke to my wife who relayed the news to me that my Sister In-Law (my wife Kathi's younger sister) has less than 2 weeks to live. She has been dealing with cervical cancer for the past 4 months, and just found out that it has spread rapidly into her bladder, rectum and other areas within her.

They have turned her over to Hospiss(sp?) (she is now bedfast in a hospital bed at her home, where her son and boy-friend are helping to care for her) and my wife's family are meeting Sunday to make funeral arrangements.

This is the first in either my wife's or my family to leave us, and we are all taking it very hard.

For those who pray: Please remember my wife and her family in your prayers.
For those who don't believe in prayer: I do covet your thoughts and well wishes for her and her family.

Thank you in advance for your support,
Dave Hartman

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Very sorry to hear this. You are all in my prayers. How old is her son?

D

David Hartman

Mike S. said:
Very sorry to hear this. You are all in my prayers. How old is her son?

Thank you. Her son (Nathan) is 25. She just recently turned 50.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
That kinda thing is NEVER easy, but I am glad the son is not a small child. An aquantaince (friend of a friend) is dying of cancer -- has about 30 days -- and has a 2 year old and a 4 year old child. I cannot fathom the grief...

E

energy

What we never want to hear

Dave,

This type of news is something we all dread. You are in my thoughts and your family will need your strength in dealing with the tough times ahead. I know that you have what it takes. All the problems we think we have don't compare to a situation like this. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Bill

R

ralphsulser

ddharma,
We will keep you all in our prayers. We lost a son-in-law to cancer last year, he was only 29.

R

Raptorwild

Dave, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, we just lost our grandfather who was a retired fire fighter to lung cancer a few weeks ago. He was given 6 to 9 months to live, he hung around for 12. We miss him very much. He was at peace with life and I believe he is at peace in Heaven.
Sincerely,
Paula

M

mshell

ddharma,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife's family.

mshell

Prayers

D2, you moved me to tears. My prayers are with you and your family. May God bless and keep you and yours during this trial and always.

J

JRKH

Add Mine too

Just want to add my thoughts and prayers to the others.
My deepest sympathy to you and your wife.
Remember to hold each other and care for each other through all of this.

James

Top Bottom