Some Bickering and Chat

Re: Re: Confirming Energys sighting

Marc said:

Is this still a problem for you?
Errr.... yep, it is. Went to the cookie jar to get a new cookie, and spring cleaned the cache. No change... But Energys hints helped a bit :)eek: <-Shock and awe ;) Thank's Bill)

/Claes

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Better now...

Alright! The flickering is gone, and good riddance... I was getting worried about its effect on my peepers (I think it was about to give me wall eye vison for a while there - :cool: )

The rest of the problem is still there, but it's bearable now when I can see what I'm doing again.

/Claes

E

energy

Right click

By right clicking, you can do everything except copy. When you try to shade for copying or deleting, you get the finger :vfunny: or the verbotten sign...the circle with the slash in it. But, there is no problem with placing the curser where you want just as long as you right click. Well, maybe a couple of times. What do want for $25.00? Cake?:biglaugh: You know I'm just bustin em!:p :smokin:

K

Ken K

Let's see...access to attachments, private messaging, calender access and other features plus editing that doesn't work or...

a large pizza and a pitcher of beer

= $25.00.

Tough choice....burp...or is it?

:bigwave:

E

energy

The pizza and beer are fleeting

Ken K said:

Let's see...access to attachments, private messaging, calender access and other features plus editing that doesn't work or...

Tough choice....burp...or is it?

:bigwave:
Of all those things, the ability to read attachments is the most important. I wonder if members can attach them as non-contributors. Of course, I can't try it now because I'm a contributor. :vfunny: Try it for me and let me know Ebeneza!:rolleyes: If only supporters can attach, the downloads may be slim or none.:ko: :smokin:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
Posting

energy said:

Of all those things, the ability to read attachments is the most important. I wonder if members can attach them as non-contributors. Of course, I can't try it now because I'm a contributor. :vfunny: Try it for me and let me know Ebeneza!:rolleyes: If only supporters can attach, the downloads may be slim or none.:ko: :smokin:
Any registered user can post attachments. Only downloads are restricted to 'Contributors'.

And editing should be working again. Atul Khandekar found an html syntax error I made in the header template. I can say I probably would have beat my head against the wall for a long time before I found that one.

I have no idea why it did not affect Mac parcing of the code.

K

Ken K

Try it for me and let me know Ebeneza!

So you think I'm tight eh?

I'll tell you why I'm against it...pure and simple. If I post a document, it is meant for everyone who uses this sight, not the few who pluck down 25 bucks. Why should Marc make money off of something someone else did all the work on and was kind enough to post it? That sucks!

And I'm sure others will start to realize that and attachments will become nonexistant. And then everyone loses.

So if I decide I have a document I wish to share, send me 5 bucks and I'll send you a copy...bad call Marc. I guess your Refuge is now a pay only club for the few.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
Ken K said:

I'll tell you why I'm against it...pure and simple. If I post a document, it is meant for everyone who uses this sight, not the few who pluck down 25 bucks. Why should Marc make money off of something someone else did all the work on and was kind enough to post it? That sucks!

And I'm sure others will start to realize that and attachments will become nonexistant. And then everyone loses.

So if I decide I have a document I wish to share, send me 5 bucks and I'll send you a copy...bad call Marc. I guess your Refuge is now a pay only club for the few.
You are welcome to not visit these forums again since you feel you are getting screwed by capitalistic me. It's a pisser when you have to pay for something, isn't it. I wonder how much you've gotten for free for how long.

As if I'm raking in the cash. Since the site has never totally paid for its self in any of the years I have had it up, you are dilusional.

You got a lot for nothing for a long time. I ask a pittance for my work and expenses to keep these forums online and now I'm greedy as I don't really want to pull about $10,000 out of my pocket every year, not to mention my time, so that you can get free help and a place to meet and interact with friends.

I was particularly disappointed by your saying "...someone else does all the work..." as if my providing the medium - the entire site - is nothing. There's still one heck of a lot of free stuff on the site in general. I don't hear anything like "Well, at least we got this all free for years." Instead I get a "Why should Marc make money." No "Thanks for everything you have done." Just a complaint that things have changed.

Bad call, Ken. Sorry to see you go, but I'm sure you will be more at home elsewhere in a totally free forum. You never know - the 'quality' of attachments may improve...

Oh, by the way... Attachments downloads in the coffee break part of the forums are still 'free'.

E

energy

Ken my man

Ken K said:

I guess your Refuge is now a pay only club for the few.
First, I was joking about Ebeneza. That's your coice. Club for the few? Do you really think $25 a year, do the days computation, is restrictive? I must say I'm amazed at some members that find this not worth the money.

I could draw parallels all day long of what that amount of money buys you today. It's chump change. I'm not rich and cannot afford to join an exclusive club for the few. This is affordable and the right thing to do. Period.

Someone told me a long time ago, nothing comes between friends like money. While we may not all be friends, per say, it's very revealing what asking for meager financial support from members who have enjoyed the Cove for years, has brought. This is a bet that I would have lost for sure. :( :smokin:

Ken, if you do bail, let's keep in touch. I want to see what real fish look like!:vfunny:

K

Ken K

I'll tell you why I'm against it...pure and simple. If I post a document, it is meant for everyone who uses this sight, not the few who pluck down 25 bucks.

energy my man...this is the reason I am against it. I'm not going anywhere...even though I could feel the love from Marc's post. Quite the spin he put into it...

screwed? Don't recall saying that.

raking in cash? Never said that.

I didn't appreciate his efforts? Never said that.

I wonder how much you've gotten for free for how long...Gee, I never helped anyone here either?

Ken, if you do bail, let's keep in touch. I want to see what real fish look like!
Count on it energy. But like I said, I'm here one way or another unless Marc comes to confiscate my cookie. You can bet I won't have milk.:D

Top Bottom